Saints Row IV banned in Australia

I played Borderlands 2 for few hours yesterday and I have zero violent behavior, even no anti-social behavior.

Borderlands 2 is very violent game with full of explosive and gore.
That's good but that's not a study. (You can't objectively study yourself.)

Also, not all the detrimental effects result in outward violence. There can be other negative effects. It's the combination of the game effects with the individual's personality.

That's good but that's not a study. (You can't objectively study yourself.)

Also, not all the detrimental effects result in outward violence. There can be other negative effects. It's the combination of the game effects with the individual's personality.

Don't blame on video game that cause violent.

It is just saying about read violent comic cause violent behavior - 60 years ago.

No thanks. I don't have the time or money for playing video games. Besides, I sit on my butt too much as it is. (On-line classes require a lot of computer time.)

I like to use real bows and guns on targets but not on people. I use air-soft weapons for nuisance animals, to scare them away. The only critters I kill are snakes in my yard. Usually I dispatch them with a garden hoe. Even then, I try not to kill non-venemous ones (sometimes it's hard to tell).

You had air-soft weapons? you told me "That's a toy".. pssh

You had air-soft weapons? you told me "That's a toy".. pssh

When you have dinner with Feinstein and don't forget to show your favorite video game - Borderlands 2 to her.

I think she will say - no no no....

Don't blame on video game that cause violent.
I think you're overly defensive about these games. I never said that I blame video games for violent behavior. I said this particular study proves nothing. If you want to make some kind of point that video games don't cause violence you need to come up with some real research.

It is just saying about read violent comic cause violent behavior - 60 years ago.
No, there is no correlation to comic books at all.

People who read comic books didn't do it for long hours every day of the year. Comic books didn't include fast moving images. They didn't interact with comic books. There were no FPS comics.

I think you're overly defensive about these games. I never said that I blame video games for violent behavior. I said this particular study proves nothing. If you want to make some kind of point that video games don't cause violence you need to come up with some real research.

No, there is no correlation to comic books at all.

People who read comic books didn't do it for long hours every day of the year. Comic books didn't include fast moving images. They didn't interact with comic books. There were no FPS comics.

I'm very supportive of game developers who make good games and protect their creativity as well.

It is complicated to say about video game cause violent behavior because there are many things that contributed to violence.

Most gamers are not violent, just like most gun owners are not violent (the guns don't cause violence itself). Small number of people committed violent behavior due primarily to video game, that's true for mental illness, also troubled teens are part of problem too.

The congress in 1950's were concerned about violent behavior by violent comics.

Only most young people as city love video games and country people love outside to do with real thing like gun, motorcycle, off-road, hiking, jogs, walking with dogs, etc. :o No wonder I don't have any country people who interesting for video game. I don't play video games as PS3 or PC for almost 5 months now.

eh? shooting at animals with airsoft weapon? not good.. you could be arrested for cruelty to animals.

eh? shooting at animals with airsoft weapon? not good.. you could be arrested for cruelty to animals.
Not at all. There is no cruelty involved, at least not in what I do.

The only thing banning a game does is increase sales and create a huge black market for selling the game and increased profits...

The only thing banning a game does is increase sales and create a huge black market for selling the game and increased profits...

Yes, same concept if you ban on guns.

Yes, same concept if you ban on guns.

Exactly, Obama eclipsed Clinton as the best gun salesman in US history.

What the anti gunners don't get is that guns ARE a religion. view guns the same way you view religion. The responses and reaction to trying to take away or limit someone's religion is the same response when you try to do the same thing with guns.. Not to mention the right to both are guaranteed in the USBOR. Not making a political or religious argument here just illustrating what Foxrac is saying. Apply this litmus test before you try and ban something and it will give you a good idea of what the result will be.. :hmm:

Having now played Saints Row 4 in its entirety I can say I see why it was banned but I do feel it is a tad silly. The game in large is so ridiculous that you can't take much of anything seriously. The alien "drugs" are taken in a simulation and amplify your powers for one short part of a mission and make your vision wonky. As far as murdering people in the game.. Well it's a game, and you're in a simulation 99% of the time so the people you kill aren't even actually people in the game, or you're killing genocidal aliens.... Plus most of the time your goofing off with your superpowers. So I have to admit I don't really agree with the banning. Though as always, there is quite a bit of objectification of women which at some points I did find annoying (Like Tanya's outfit), but quite a bit seems to be woven into most of the other ridiculousness.

Back