Saddam's Palace under USA invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Did any of you read something about the US soliders taking over Saddam's palace... and the jounralist was with the soliders - and this person wrote the palace in DETAIL???

My friend read this article and told me that he found it astonding as Saddam's place conisted of over 60 BATHROOMS, hundreds of bedrooms, offices, movie theater... as American soliders are taking the guard of the palace but at the same time, exploring it around to see what the palace have...

And in basement, there is a collection of imported liquors... and the article revealed that the palace have a stock of AMERICAN cigarettes! Saddam have some american ciggies in stock?!?

It was in L.A. Times newspaper article last Friday, I suppose... try to find it in archives somewhere on the internet.

:confused: Aren't you too late on news, eh? I saw that the USA soldiers took over the palace.

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Saddam's place conisted of over 60 BATHROOMS

Geez... 60 bathrooms?

That's something.

Originally posted by ChelEler
:confused: Aren't you too late on news, eh? I saw that the USA soldiers took over the palace.

I know I spared the details out that late, but my point is the interesting article of journalism regarding to the palace asU.S. soliders found 60 bathrooms and American cigarettes in this palace!

Found the article!

Saddam's palace is lesson in luxury
BY DAVID ZUCCHINO
Los Angeles Times

http://www.kansas.com/mld/eagle/5607917.htm

I tried to find this article in L.A. times but I found the same article in a Kansas newspaper during the website search....

If u dont have time to read this article, here are some statements:

"The palace was so large deCamp had his men count the rooms and write the numbers on a index card: 142 offices, 64 bathrooms, 19 meeting rooms, 22 kitchens, countless bedrooms, one movie theater, five "huge ballrooms" and one "football-field-sized monster ballroom.""

"DeCamp moved on to another ornate compound where, the night before, his battalion had discovered a hoard of luxury items. He dragged open a door. Inside were vast supplies of TV sets, Moet champagne, Russian vodka, imported American cigarettes, 150 Persian carpets, Parker pen sets, French wines and expensive Lladro figurines. These, according to the colonel, were gratuities handed out by Saddam's functionaries to favored members of the ruling Baath Party"

Read on more!

It's sad to see how he lives in this way and letting his own people to suffer with poverty around the country.

saddam s place need to be buried he's a selfish son of a bitch! hogging that kind of home sucks big time.....

Re: Re: Saddam's Palace under USA invasion

Originally posted by Banjo
Geez... 60 bathrooms?

That's something.
285.... again 60 bathrooms... hmm too interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back