sad

Abdurrafi

Reaction score
So I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but oh well. I have recently moved to the Kansas City area and do not know anyone. I have tried to make friends but everyone I have met is hearing and does not understand that they need to talk much louder for me to hear. They also always think I am yelling at them when i am just talking. As such I have withdrawn to my house. A few things that are looking up for me is that I am teaching myself ASL, getting my hearing aid this week, and starting school tomorrow. I am meeting with school officials tomorrow before class about how to accommodate me in class until I get my HA. But that does not change the fact that I feel alone and disconnected. Does anyone know anyone that is Deaf/HoH in the KCMO area? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

keep your head up, :) things will all turn out . I hope you find some people to connect with , its not fun to feel alone.

Abdurrafi google deaf in kansas city "deaf gathering in Olathe" that is where I pulled this from. KC is to big to hid us all. Oh yes nice looking dog there is it a pit?

I spent the morning after class googling KC Deaf community. found some nice sites.
She has a little pit in her but not much. She is my mothers pup and my mother does not let anyone say she has pit lol. the vet classified her as a Lab mix.

OK then lab mix, still a cute pup. Tell mom I said hi, and good luck finding a club or meeting place in KC, Missouri side is bigger, might be some places on 16 and 17 street if I remember right.

now I remember it is YJ's west 18th St., Also good mexican food at Manny's on 207 Southwest Blvd, best pork I ever had. I go there when I pass through KC.

I live on the MO side in a small place called Gladstone. basically NKC. I do not get across the river much. But I will check those places out if I can ever find a ride down there.

ok I know the area get in touch with Northland Deaf Church, 101 NE 70th Terrace right there in town. They can help you meet people or least give you a list of the current places. There nice folks. Please do not get me wrong I am not sending you there to pray it is the best choice to get pointers.

Abdurrafi, you know you just said that you recently moved, you can't expect an instants friendship in your area, sometime it take year to build up a network of friends. It take time to find a right groups or right friends. You may run into ignorant people, wrong types of people and so forth... just bring your head up high and look out for good people.

Back