Sad - Grandma

RainGurl

Reaction score
Well this week has been really rough. Sat my aunt called my parents to tell them that she doesn't look like she'll make it through the night. He flew out here yesterday. My hubby and I spend 4 hours at the hospital with her, we actually took communion with her as well. I thought that was nice.

She has bone cancer, she was admitted for her hip thinking she injured it. They did a bone scan and it shows that the cancer is spreading quicker than we all thought. It's in her hips and pelvis now.

They are giving her less time now. There is talk of them possibly doing radation. But if she keeps getting as bad as she has been they'll not bother with it.

I finally talked to my girls about it. My 6 year old is having a really hard time with it. My Grandma doesn't want to see them not because she doesn't love them but she just doesn't want them to see her in that way.

My daughters made pictures and cards. IT was the HIGHLIGHT of her morning when I showed them to her. She kept showing everyone what her grand-daughters made her.

I am going up tonight with a personal video from all the girls. They are telling her what they want to say. Atleast that way there she can see them and they can let her know that they love her.

Please keep us in thought. We are having a rough go here.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My prayers are with you and your family. :(

i'm so sorry to hear, i'm sure grandma are glad to have people around her. And she will be in good hand. Prayer for you and the familyl.

Aw I am so sorry about your Grandma. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayer. My condosolence to you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles, raingurl. My son's father died when he was only 6 years, and I know how hard it is for kids that age to understand. I also know from your posts that you are a loving mother, and will do everything you can to help your daughter through this. Don't forget that it is hard on you, too, and you need to take care of yourself. I'll have you in my thoughts, and I'll keep checking this thread for updates. Hang in there!

I'm sorry your grandma wont be able to live much longer.. at least she had a good life, right?? And your daughters does love your grandma good enough... that's all she needed... hope she will be free of the pain she has suffered since being hospitalized for what was orginally a injured hip....

I'm sorry 'bout your grammy and cancer spread it out already...

Your grammy will find and good peace w/God's hands. You're my prayer.

I hope your grandma will pull thru.. I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and my prayers.. just keep your faith in our Lord and he will be with you in this sad time.. :(

We re praying for your grandma .. she is so pretty! :):)

Back