Sad anniversary :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
It has been 32 years since Roe v. Wade was decided by the Supreme Court, and resulted in the killing of more than 44,692,000 babies by abortion.

If I showed you two coins, one with the picture of a president on it, the other with an eagle on it, which would you choose? Both are quarters. The same coin. Like the two political parties, different sides of the same coin. When judges stop making law, we will return to some rationality. Not until.

Codger said:
If I showed you two coins, one with the picture of a president on it, the other with an eagle on it, which would you choose? Both are quarters. The same coin. Like the two political parties, different sides of the same coin. When judges stop making law, we will return to some rationality. Not until.
When the morons stop voting for the liberal democratic party,Then we will return to some rationality. Not until. Its these retards in massachusetts keep right on voting re-electing ted kennedy. Thats a good example on stupidity on the voters. Now look voters down in south dakota theyre finaly getting smart. Thats why tom daschile is not the senator anymore and voters in maryland getting smart too but voting for a republican governor bob erlich. We will not have a decent nation as long theres california,massachusetts,vermont,maine and new hampshire on the map.

Codger said:
When judges stop making law, we will return to some rationality.

Judges don't make laws. They only strike down laws that are in conflict with current or higher laws.

ravensteve1961 said:
When the morons stop voting for the liberal democratic party,Then we will return to some rationality. Not until. Its these retards in massachusetts keep right on voting re-electing ted kennedy. Thats a good example on stupidity on the voters. Now look voters down in south dakota theyre finaly getting smart. Thats why tom daschile is not the senator anymore and voters in maryland getting smart too but voting for a republican governor bob erlich. We will not have a decent nation as long theres california,massachusetts,vermont,maine and new hampshire on the map.

You forgot Oregon, Washington, Pennsylvania, and Illinois.

In other words, almost 50% of the U.S. population disagrees with you. Blow it out your butt, ravensteve. We've got a decent nation REGARDLESS of political party affiliation.

You got it all wrong my son, 40% of the U.S. population disagrees with me.

Dennis said:
Judges don't make laws. They only strike down laws that are in conflict with current or higher laws.

That's right, Dennis. Some of the posts in here have nothing to do with this thread. It was the SUPREME COURT that made the ruling 32 years ago, so a discussion about party affliations really has no bearing.

Regardless of that, though, I am pro choice. I also think that it was a really bad idea to politicize (sp?) abortion. Terminating a pregnancy is a medical issue and nothing more than that. It should be between women and their doctors. In a perfect world, it would be nice if fathers could be apart of the decision making process, but, sometimes that's not possible. Either way, the final decision should rest soley with the woman. It's her body and therefore, her decision.

Well im pro life,,I think a woman and her doctor should be jailed for performing and having an abortion.Aborton is MURDER

Oceanbreeze said:
That's right, Dennis. Some of the posts in here have nothing to do with this thread. It was the SUPREME COURT that made the ruling 32 years ago, so a discussion about party affliations really has no bearing.

Regardless of that, though, I am pro choice. I also think that it was a really bad idea to politicize (sp?) abortion. Terminating a pregnancy is a medical issue and nothing more than that. It should be between women and their doctors. In a perfect world, it would be nice if fathers could be apart of the decision making process, but, sometimes that's not possible. Either way, the final decision should rest soley with the woman. It's her body and therefore, her decision.
:gpost:

Reba, I am personally pro-life BUT for myself ONLY! I personally would NEVER have an abortion, but I'm not going out there and saying that nobody else can have one. It is not my choice to make! I agree it IS sad that abortions are performed. But they are a nessary evil. Banning them isn't going to make them go away...it's just going to drive them underground and make them unsafe like back in the old days with back alley abortions. You don't agree with abortion? Good....support legislation that will force insurance companies to cover birth control (most accidental pregnancies are the result of failed birth control). support legislation for over the counter morning after pills ...support welfare programs that give poor women a leg up in life and so on.
Hey....would you be OK with an abortion if the baby had died in utereo? Doctors sometimes have to perform abortions (which is a term that simply means the ending of a pregnancy. Miscarriages are sometimes referred to as natrual abortions) on babies who have died in utero!

Oceanbreeze said:

:gpost: Ocean!!!!!

i myself am pro-choice -- i believe it is a woman's right to choose period and i support the Supreme Court decision in legalizing abortions -- i would personally prefer knowing that the women are getting SAFE abortion practices by medical professionals when they choose to and not having to risk their lives for illegal abortion practices if using clothes hangers and such as it had happened prior to the 1973's ruling -- thats all i have to say abt this matter and NO right wing ultra conservative bible thumping persons can tell me otherwise

I am also pro-life. I believe if a woman choses to have sex in the first place, whether or not she uses protection, she knows that it could fail, it is still her decision. I don't think killing an innocent child is right, when it was the womans choice in the first place. Just my opinion, I don't wish to offend anyone who thinks otherwise. :)

Fly Free said:
:gpost: Ocean!!!!!

i myself am pro-choice -- i believe it is a woman's right to choose period and i support the Supreme Court decision in legalizing abortions -- i would personally prefer knowing that the women are getting SAFE abortion practices by medical professionals when they choose to and not having to risk their lives for illegal abortion practices if using clothes hangers and such as it had happened prior to the 1973's ruling -- thats all i have to say abt this matter and NO right wing ultra conservative bible thumping persons can tell me otherwise

I agree with you. I'm a pro-choice. I believe that women have the right to choose to have an abortion or not. If they pass the law, forbidding women to get abortion. it'll be repeat history of women dying from not safe abortion proedcure thats been performed on them... I prefer to keep it safe, allow women to get it done if they want to... sorry... Everyone has their own opinion of this topic.

I think a place for a woman and her doctor who performs abortions should be put in prison. Just like any other convicted killer gets put in...""PRISON""

Pro "choice" means a woman can choose to kill an innocent baby.

Abortion does not mean that a woman becomes "unpregnant". Abortion means a woman becomes the mother of a dead baby.

When a woman has a natural miscarriage, she doesn't say, "I lost some cells last night." She says, "I lost my baby last night."

"Jane Roe" is totally against abortion. She says she was used by the pro-abortion lawyers.

Also, "Bemard Nathanson, the founder of the the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL), also admitted he lied about the number of women who died from illegal abortions in order to repeal this country's pro-life laws: 'We spoke of 5,000-10,000 deaths a year ... I confess that I knew the figures were totally false ... it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?' Bemard Nathanson, who once operated the nation's largest abortion clinic in New York, is now 100% pro-life."

http://www.pregnantpause.org/abort/lies.htm

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
... I prefer to keep it safe, allow women to get it done if they want to....
Unfortuneately, abortion is still not a safe procedure, even for the women. Most clinics have no legal medical regulation. Most statistics about "safe" abortions are not accurate. Statistics about pre-1973 abortions are not reliable (false reports).
http://www.pregnantpause.org/safe/deaths.htm

Reba said:
Pro "choice" means a woman can choose to kill an innocent baby.

It also means a woman can choose to keep her pregnancy.

In any event, IMO, it's always a mistake to involve politics in where the heart is concerned. :)

Just had to say something...so please pardon my rant...

I agree with you, Reba...I am a pro-life, too. And yes, no matter if a woman had a abortion, she *IS* a mother already and always will be, regardless of whether she had another child or not, because she once carried a life inside her body.

And I just wish people would remember that NO two babies are ever alike. Each is unique, and each has its own distinct personality and own talents and skills quite different from each other. Once a baby is aborted, nothing can take place of this would-be person. It would be far, far better to give the baby up for adoption than to have it aborted.

NOTE: I know many of you are not very religious, so please pardon me what I am going to say next....

You know, peeps.... if I were to have an abortion, I would be condemned in the afterlife by the spirit of my own offspring that I've rejected - and the outcome would be utterly heartbreaking. Because of this, I will always be thoroughly terrified of aborting my own offsprings, no matter what. And besides, God ALREADY have a plan for each and every child, even before they are born...and how can we tell Him we don't want and/or are not ready to give birth to children? :(

And besides....our bodies are not even ours to do with them as we please, believe it or not. God made us, so our bodies belong to Him. It's gonna be awfully awkward, not to mention embarrassing when we come to face Him in the afterlife and confess to Him what we've done with our bodies. :-o

I just wish the people would be careful how they use their bodies, and to take good care of them, too. That's all I'm gonna say....

(End of rant)

Toonces said:
I agree with you, Reba...I am a pro-life, too. And yes, no matter if a woman had a abortion, she *IS* a mother already and always will be, regardless of whether she had another child or not, because she once carried a life inside her body.

And I just wish people would remember that NO two babies are ever alike. Each is unique, and each has its own distinct personality and own talents and skills quite different from each other. Once a baby is aborted, nothing can take place of this would-be person. It would be far, far better to give the baby up for adoption than to have it aborted.

NOTE: I know many of you are not very religious, so please pardon me what I am going to say next....

You know, peeps.... if I were to have an abortion, I would be condemned in the afterlife by the spirit of my own offspring that I've rejected - and the outcome would be utterly heartbreaking. Because of this, I will always be thoroughly terrified of aborting my own offsprings, no matter what. And besides, God ALREADY have a plan for each and every child, even before they are born...and how can we tell Him we don't want and/or are not ready to give birth to children? :(

And besides....our bodies are not even ours to do with them as we please, believe it or not. God made us, so our bodies belong to Him. It's gonna be awfully awkward, not to mention embarrassing when we come to face Him in the afterlife and confess to Him what we've done with our bodies. :-o

I just wish the people would be careful how they use their bodies, and to take good care of them, too. That's all I'm gonna say....
:gpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back