Rusty Wallace hit 228mph at Talladega

WhoCare

Reaction score
Rusty Wallace #2 Dodge for Nascar who drove 228 mph at Talladega for test/practice on the track. :jaw:
I don't know if its Talladega's record but its not Nextel Cup record.
The Nextel Cup Qualifying record from Bill Elliott floored it 212.809 mph in 1987.
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/06/10/rwallace_talladega/index.html
Wait and see if Rusy can do for qualifying on Sept. 10, 2004 EA Sports 500.

Damn, I wish I sit on his passager seat for once! Maybe I will :barf:

DAMN! If technology keeps advancing, we'll have 300 mph car races! :crazy:

VamPyroX said:
DAMN! If technology keeps advancing, we'll have 300 mph car races! :crazy:

That will be the day when the tracks get longer and bigger! Unless they bring in 'hover-crafts' without wheels, then who knows how fast these things could go...there is such a vehicle in the works and won't be out in the market for another 5 to 10 years from now....

Going 228 mph...would be 'rush' to experience! Zooooooooom...just think...a Roadrunner zoomin' along at 230 some mph...boy, just think of all the things I could get 'done' quicker and faster!!! :cool:

Btw, I do not think it's a record, as I can recall last year there were some drivers going around at 229 mph...but we'll know soon enough where this practice run that Rusty Wallace had stands in the books!

WOW! * thud *

If I drove 228 mph in that car, I am more likely to crashed before making it around the track! heh

I couldn't even drive more than 80 mph in my own car! :shock:

Roadrunner said:
That will be the day when the tracks get longer and bigger! Unless they bring in 'hover-crafts' without wheels, then who knows how fast these things could go...there is such a vehicle in the works and won't be out in the market for another 5 to 10 years from now....

Going 228 mph...would be 'rush' to experience! Zooooooooom...just think...a Roadrunner zoomin' along at 230 some mph...boy, just think of all the things I could get 'done' quicker and faster!!! :cool:

Btw, I do not think it's a record, as I can recall last year there were some drivers going around at 229 mph...but we'll know soon enough where this practice run that Rusty Wallace had stands in the books!
Yeah! Jet-Moto! They've got a Playstation game series called Jet Moto. It's like a motorcycle connected to a jet engine. Pretty amazing game! Heh!

Wheee...pretty fast there, 228 mph impressive for a NASCAR type car, and they ran it without the restrictive plate on their car, that's a device that prevents from speeding up too much. I wonder how they do that, tho. They should strap a turbofan jet on top of that car and zoom to 300 mph easily. :D

Last edited:
WOW! It would be so cool to drive in 228 mph. I have only drove 100mph on the highway from Pittsburgh to Mt. Morris couple of time and I never get caught. ((hush shhhh))

Someday, I would like to take a test drive on the race car and drive over 200mph on speedway. Yea, you can always call me CrazyRedhead! :crazy: :mrgreen: :thumb:

Hehehe...I wonder how fast did Jeff Gordon get to? :P I've seen Rusty Wallace race in numerous NASCAR races. Dale Eardhart, Sr and Jeff Gordon are the ones I always watched for. :)

WhoCare said:
Rusty Wallace #2 Dodge for Nascar who drove 228 mph at Talladega for test/practice on the track. :jaw:
I don't know if its Talladega's record but its not Nextel Cup record.
The Nextel Cup Qualifying record from Bill Elliott floored it 212.809 mph in 1987.
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/06/10/rwallace_talladega/index.html
Wait and see if Rusy can do for qualifying on Sept. 10, 2004 EA Sports 500.

Damn, I wish I sit on his passager seat for once! Maybe I will :barf:

I find it oh so very appropriate that the person who started this topic's name is WhoCare. who cares?

Man. You've NEVER Felt the rush until you hit at least 120 mph literally.

Most cars i've been in that hit 120 + feels like a boat at that speed. 135-140 is fun too.

I've been up over 150 a few times. One of the times we had to slow down because the next town was ALREADY apporaching. Advice: Get better brakes when you do that. Ours boiled.

Ok ok -- I've ridden a protruck before. Just let me say that you guys will never forget it for the rest of your lives. It puts going 150 mph to shame even if the truck is only going 115mph.

Let me elaborate:

A race car will be raced on a track that goes in a circle. not a straight highway back in the boonies.

At about 200mph, all you will be able to see is the walls on the turns APPORACHING YOU like a wall. it doesnt look like an angle just because you're going too fast. Then all of a sudden lateral G force to the right, whee. During the turn u see another wall... When u see that, you feel FORCE OF ACCELERATION!! its like FUCKKKKKKKKK, next to the wall again.. It's impossible to explain.

Another thing regarding the force of the vechile. My friend had a Levi on. It had a hole about 1 inch around on his calf. After the run was done, he had a funny feelin in his pants. He went to the bathroom to check it out, to his awe and dismay, he saw that his LEGS were FULL of rubber from the tires. (He was INSIDE the car.)

Five laps feels like 2 seconds.

Nascar used restricted plates for Daytona and Talladega and some other tracks so they wouldnt go that fast and end up in big wrecks and get killed. Rusty must had took the restricted plate off going 228 mph :nono: .

NascarZing said:
Nascar used restricted plates for Daytona and Talladega and some other tracks so they wouldnt go that fast and end up in big wrecks and get killed. Rusty must had took the restricted plate off going 228 mph :nono: .

Thats what I think happened too. Not long after Bill Elliott set the record, the restrictions went into place. I remember thinking at the time that nobody will ever get the chance to break his record because everyone would be restricted from going that fast.

since we're talking about the thrill of speed, I once rode with my brother in his 1992 Saturn SL1 going 118 mph (floored the car to go full speed) on hwy 6 in Utah going southeast toward I-70. it was little smooth, it was fun then my bro let me do that for a bit while he take a nap, it was cool driving that full speed at 9pm with high beam and taking a peek at the road white line go whopping..

one time in October 2003, a month before my motorcycle accident, I was driving down from Fort Collins on I-25 back to Denver on my motorcycle, going 105 mph, it was awesome feeling champ than car, cuz you feel everything, whoa it was something that I really can't explained how I felt, but if you do the same thing then u will know how I feel, I know it was very stupid to do that but it was once in a lifetime opportunity breaking the law... it was funny when you are driving 105 mph on left lane and passing a car going 75, that'd make car go :shock:
anyway I knew the motorcycle could have gone more faster but for some reason I felt a bad vibe so decided to slow down without touching the brake, the motorcycle did slow down pretty fast from 105 to 90 but spotted a hiding police car caughted me at 93 mph, ofc the policed chased me to the next exit gas station which I tried to tell the cops that the motorcycle is almost out of gas but police didn't give a fawk what I said so slapped me a ticket. I wasn't upset or anything, just smiling know I enjoyed something so the next morning, I mailed the ticket along with a check to get over it... ;)

If i go that fast this is what id see in my read view mirror.
cop-car.gif

Back