Rush is moving to Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very common question Rush gets. He's comfortable in where he is. He has that gift and it shows. He has a way of inspiring people both in and out politics. He wouldn't have it any other way.

nothing to do with $400 million, drug addiction, and unfavorable American public opinion?

Rasmussen Reports
While Limbaugh is arguably the most high-profile conservative commentator in the country, even 76% of self-designated conservatives do not see him as the Republican leader. Fifty-two percent (52%) of moderates share that view, but the plurality of liberals (45%) do see Limbaugh as calling the shots for the GOP.

.......A Rasmussen Reports survey in 2007 found that most Americans had an unfavorable opinion of Limbaugh.

btw - mind if you show me any source that Limbaugh said such thing?

nothing to do with $400 million, drug addiction, and unfavorable American public opinion?

Rasmussen Reports

btw - mind if you show me any source that Limbaugh said such thing?

RUSH: Getting audience -- attracting an audience and holding an audience -- is a far different thing from getting votes. You have to go out and raise money. You have to ask people to donate to you. I couldn't do it. I don't accept freebies now 'cause I don't want to be obligated to anybody. That's the thing about politics that I'm not cut out for. I could not ask people, 'cause you owe 'em something.
Rush Talks to Gretchen Carlson of Fox & Friends, Part 2

This is the most recent one in an interview with GRETCHEN CARLSON on Foxnews on February 10, 2010. He has no desire to run. He's comfortable where he is and that's his destiny.

Rush Talks to Gretchen Carlson of Fox & Friends, Part 2

This is the most recent one in an interview with GRETCHEN CARLSON on Foxnews on February 10, 2010. He has no desire to run. He's comfortable where he is and that's his destiny.

how convenient of you to omit certain answer previous to that.

CARLSON: On a scale of one to ten, chances in your future that you run for political office.

RUSH: Absolute certitude: Zero.

CARLSON: Why?

RUSH: Pay cut.

how convenient of you to omit certain answer previous to that.

Nothing convenient about it. I already said he has a $400 million dollar contract for 8 years. Why would he want to run? He's comfortable where he's at now.

Nothing convenient about it. I already said he has a $400 million dollar contract for 8 years. Why would he want to run? He's comfortable where he's at now.

lol.

Obama took a paycut, didn't he?

Could had made a lot more money as a lawyer...

could say same for Ronald Reagan, eh? ...and Limbaugh worships him.

oh the irony.....

Obama took a paycut, didn't he?

Could had made a lot more money as a lawyer...

He'll make more money as president and afterwards. Still, as president, the 2009 earning is $400,000/yr.

He'll make more money as president and afterwards. Still, as president, the 2009 earning is $400,000/yr.

How about zero pay for congress and the Prez???? True public service.

"Less Talk, More Action" - so why isn't he in political business?
Why would he want to take such a pay cut, and have his personal life more exposed than it is now?

McCain.
Graham.
Criticized GOP "makeover"
Crist
Many more...

He has criticized the Republican Senate in Congress on numerous occassions, especially on the Amnesty Bill.

I don't know how much more you want. He has criticized Republicans repeatedly.
Individual Republicans and policies, yes.

Republican party as an entity, no.

He still believes the party is conservative and salvageable.

Individual Republicans and policies, yes.

Republican party as an entity, no.

He still believes the party is conservative and salvageable.

Compared to Ralph Nader and Democrats, they can still be considered as conservative. ;) Especially if you use the political definition of conservatism (status quo society)... not necessarily the ideology that right-winged use to associate with the word.

How about zero pay for congress and the Prez???? True public service.
That would be closer to the original intent. Those offices were supposed to be one or two terms of service, then back to private life. Almost more like a sabbatical with per diem. They won't supposed to be life-long wealth-producing careers.

In small communities, mayors and council members are often paid token amounts.

Compared to Ralph Nader and Democrats, they can still be considered as conservative. ;) Especially if you use the political definition of conservatism (status quo society)... not necessarily the ideology that right-winged use to associate with the word.
That's the problem--it's not supposed to be a relative comparison. Republicans aren't supposed to be just "less" liberal, or "not Democrats." Those are negatives. They're supposed to have positive ideologies and goals.

That's the problem--it's not supposed to be a relative comparison. Republicans aren't supposed to be just "less" liberal, or "not Democrats." Those are negatives. They're supposed to have positive ideologies and goals.

However... that IS the definition of political conservatism since the times of Niccolò Machiavelli. Wasn't meant to be negative... It's more of saying "we're happy with the ways things are NOW, don't change things." And the Republicans' platform do reflect that.

Now, if you want to go further right or left-- then that's not really conservatism (more like civil libertarianism); it's progressive.

"To put conservatism in a bottle with a label is like trying to liquify the atmosphere ... The difficulty arises from the nature of the thing. For conservatism is less a political doctrine than a habit of mind, a mode of feeling, a way of living" - R.J. White.

...Generally, being politically conservative means you like status quo.
In some areas, yes; in others, no. Conservatives need to be more pro-active.

This might be fodder for a new thread. (We're getting off the Rush-moving-to-Costa-Rica topic.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back