running shirt

Adam

Reaction score
hey everybody, I am an ultramarathon runner and am looking for a running shirt that says DEAF RUNNER on the back. since I run so far, I don't run fast. people come up from behind and pass me then I get "the look" as they pass, I guess iritated that i didn't move when they said something, i don't know. I figured if I wore a shirt letting them know I can't hear, that might help everyone. I can't seem to find one so unless you have any ideas, I guess I will have to make one. Any thoughts?

Adam

Wow, ultramarathoner! The most I ever ran was a half marathon. :giggle:

We had a deaf friend who used to run with us. The only time it was a problem was during the Cooper River Bridge Run. Cooper River Bridge Run - about That race was, and is, huge and congested. People do ask to pass each other, so it would be considered rude (and possibly hazardous) not to respond. What our friend did for that race was to pin a note on the back of his shirt with "Caution, Deaf Runner" printed on it. It was the size and shape of a paper race number like you would wear on the front of a shirt.

I don't think you'll find a ready-made shirt like that. Maybe you can use a wide Sharpie and write on an old shirt using large block letters.

You could also run with buddies, one on either side, if you all run at the same pace.

Go to a craft store and get iron on letters and design your own. Or have one printed by Cafe Press, or more cheaply, by Vista Print.

Back