Rude Girlfriend?

understandable. but really - it's entirely her choice. she'll come to term with her hearing issue on her own at her own time. You know it's bad enough that we have to deal with our audi pushing us to get CI whenever we go there.

then I suppose you or your son can provide the support that she will need when she asks for it.

I agree...do not push her. It is for her to come to terms with it.

If she never does, then she will continue to be frustrated and miserable.

awww that's so sweet of her to make peace with you. It is great that both of you shook hands and it's all water under the bridge. problem solved!

:grouphug:

It seems okay for now.I got to stop getting offended, this is something I need to work on :)

Thanks Jiro :)

I agree...do not push her. It is for her to come to terms with it.

If she never does, then she will continue to be frustrated and miserable.

I agree also I'm not going to push her. When she is ready to deal with it there will be plenty of help for her :)

aww she got you the pepsi. cutie. yea she's 20 years old, so in a year or so, she will come to realize that she needs to do something with her hearing or she would be miserable. Again, that's nice of her to think twice.

Perhaps, she was being sarcastic? Or embarrassed?

When it comes to personal issues, I often wait to talk to that person alone to avoid embarrassment and try to make it a comfortable setting.

She probably wasn't ready for that kind of response or you caught her off-guard. :dunno:

aww she got you the pepsi. cutie. yea she's 20 years old, so in a year or so, she will come to realize that she needs to do something with her hearing or she would be miserable. Again, that's nice of her to think twice.

Yeah, it was nice of her. If she does not do anything about its not going to go away and I'm thinking she just does not want to face it. All she has to do is get a simple hearing test to find out if she does need HAs that does not mean she has to wear them I don't even wear mine that much anymore.

Perhaps, she was being sarcastic? Or embarrassed?

When it comes to personal issues, I often wait to talk to that person alone to avoid embarrassment and try to make it a comfortable setting.

She probably wasn't ready for that kind of response or you caught her off-guard. :dunno:

She was mad when my daughter said it, I think your right it could have been done alone and not in front of everybody.

Hearing aids are for old people? :laugh2:

Just like Shel90 said she hasn't come in terms with her hearing loss, let her be, she'll learn the hard way down the road.

I agree. Right now, she's in denial, and she'll probably deny that she's in denial. I'm 25 years old, and I've been wearing them since I was 17 (I've been hoh since I was born). All hearing aids are not bulky looking. This is the age of technology; they have some that fits right into your ear canal. Sometimes, people forget I have hearing aids, and I smile and tell them. I also have the advantage of taking them out so that I won't listen to bs that people try to feed me. :laugh2: My philosophy stands: you're only as old as you feel. I still have kickass fun with mines on.:dance::rockon: I take advantage of listeing to crazy jokes, hearing the birds chirp outside, and loving the sound of music. I love my hearing aids; I think they're the best invention since the remote control and caller id. :D

The sooner she embraces this, the sooner she can get some help. And the sooner she'll feel better about it. It's not the end of the world; it's the beginning of a new, special one. Embrace it and move on.

Tell her HA is better than
funny-picture-569559088.jpg
Be glad that we do sell invisible hearing aids that people could not see your hearing aids.

My son's girlfriend said something yesterday that piss me off. She is having a little trouble hearing sometimes and my daughter said to her that maybe she needs to get her hearing test and might need HAs and the girlfriend said " I'm not getting HAs they are for old people" I got piss off and told her ass off. My family thinks I'm making too much out of it. What do you think? was I wrong to say anything?

some people sometimes seem like they have trouble hearing, but if she has ADHD or something, it just mean they have trouble listening.

anyway,it is scary for people who have been hearing all their life to suddenly lose their hearing. But HA is not for old people and she should know that. people of all ages wear HAs.

Back