Rude Bus Driver

Daminx

Reaction score
i went on a Bus to College when it came to Pay for my Ticket, i was struggling to hear the Bus driver, i must of asked him to repeat himself 3 Times.

I have tried to Pay with a Note but he didn't have enough Change for me to Pay so he let me get away with it. But when i did finally get what he was trying to say, he said "SIT DOWN!" In a very annoyed tone of voice.

I got mad, and said "i'm hard of hearing, it's not my fault i can't hear you!"

I hate People getting annoyed with us hard of hearing, i Would like to Understand if i Could.
I didn't use to hear like that, my hearing has randomly detiriated out of the blue. I am not sure if i annoyed him because i look and AM Young Or if he is impatient.

This seems to be the first time this has happened as well as not hearing People properily when they are not facing me.

What Are your rude hearing People experiences?

Also i get annoyed when someone asks where something is on the Street, but i guess that is be because deaf and hard of hearing People Look and behave like any hearing Person Would do. I am glad no-one Sees me as the hard of hearing girl.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Perhaps next time write down where you wish to go and any extra instructions and hold it up for the bus driver to see. Also, make sure you always have change and know exactly how much the bus fare is.

It's times like these that I miss my Pasmo. It was so easy with that. But now, I just use my bus app on my phone anyways for getting on the bus. All I have to do is show the E-Ticket when I walk on.

I'm also eligible to get a 'disabled bus pass' but I refuse to get one. As much as it would save me a lot of money. I don't wish for the tax payers to basically pay my bus fare every day.

I can't Sign yet
I couldn't sign so I took lessons while I lived in Berkeley , Ca. The teacher was deaf and this helped a lot , I was learning fast but I moved back east
and no one to practice with . There was a cool center for deaf and hoh in Berkeley .

I can't Sign yet
I gotta give DeafNerdMommy all the credit for the chocolate milkshake reference. Since, she is the original poster of that, on another thread, perhaps she can upload a video on her version of signing it? :)

Many people who don't have hearing problems don't understand what it's like, so it might be just a matter of ignorance on his part. You also have to look at it from another perspective; you not understanding him and having to repeat himself three times has slowed him down on his route and if this happens say 10 or 20 times a day perhaps he gets back to the barn 30 minutes late and gets written up. He just might of been having a bad day, who knows! Now that you know how much it costs, have the right amount of change with you so you don't have to ask for change or give him the fair for the last time plus the fair for this ride and he might not be so rude the next time. Good luck!

Many people who don't have hearing problems don't understand what it's like, so it might be just a matter of ignorance on his part. You also have to look at it from another perspective; you not understanding him and having to repeat himself three times has slowed him down on his route and if this happens say 10 or 20 times a day perhaps he gets back to the barn 30 minutes late and gets written up. He just might of been having a bad day, who knows! Now that you know how much it costs, have the right amount of change with you so you don't have to ask for change or give him the fair for the last time plus the fair for this ride and he might not be so rude the next time. Good luck!
Yeah that is so true , a lot of hearing people don't get what it like being deaf or HOH . I know I don't get want it like be able to hear b/c I will sometime tell my daughter what someone said to me and she not even near me and my daughter said she heard . I have no idea what hearing people can hear .

Back