Ruby (my puppy..)

i have met your dog thru someone who had her., she's sweet, we played alot and has a great personality. Glad she's back in ur life! Good Job You found her! :) I was shocked when i heard this stories I was like damn!

Yupp she was wonderful girl, thank you for being happy that I have her back :)

So glad to hear u got your lovely little dog back and what an ordeal she went thru and so sorry to hear she got infected while away but Im sure she will regrow the spot and be herself again. Bet your rapt to have her back into ur arm and this time keep her very close to u. :)

Of course, thanks :)

I can't believe that. It is so disgust that your dog was stolen. I am surprised that you were able to trace your dog!

Does your dog, Ruby, have a micro chip? If yes, did you contact the micro chip company to make sure that Ruby's name on the list.

Two years ago, my mother called a micro chip company to verify my dog's name on the list, and it turned out that it is not in the database. But, my dog's name is in the database for the local town. I never knew that. Now, the micro chip company added my dog's name on the list for the national.

Supposedly, I take my dog with me for a vacation out of state and someone found my dog there so they bring the dog to any vet and the vet scans the micro chip. The vet calls me to pick up my dog. That would make me so much relief. The micro chip does not reveal the name or the address. It shows up a code on the computer, and the vet has to call the micro chip company and look it up on the database. That's how they contact you.

The reason is that if someone stole a dog and it have a chip inside the skin (in the back of shoulders), the vet verifies it first before they give a dog a shot or a medicine to make sure that the dog belongs to an owner. I would not guarantee it because a vet could forget to scan it first. Who knows.

while microchip technology is a great idea.... here's a big problem about this.

1. Technology changes frequently. because of this - most or some shelters/vets don't bother upgrading to newer version. If your dog was implanted with newer version of microchip - the old version scanner won't be able to read it or decipher it
2. Not all databases are interconnected together. It could be different databases depending on what company the local/state uses.

Pretty stupid, right? Government should just create a standardized policy for microchipping pets.

I can't believe that. It is so disgust that your dog was stolen. I am surprised that you were able to trace your dog!

Does your dog, Ruby, have a micro chip? If yes, did you contact the micro chip company to make sure that Ruby's name on the list.

Two years ago, my mother called a micro chip company to verify my dog's name on the list, and it turned out that it is not in the database. But, my dog's name is in the database for the local town. I never knew that. Now, the micro chip company added my dog's name on the list for the national.

Supposedly, I take my dog with me for a vacation out of state and someone found my dog there so they bring the dog to any vet and the vet scans the micro chip. The vet calls me to pick up my dog. That would make me so much relief. The micro chip does not reveal the name or the address. It shows up a code on the computer, and the vet has to call the micro chip company and look it up on the database. That's how they contact you.

The reason is that if someone stole a dog and it have a chip inside the skin (in the back of shoulders), the vet verifies it first before they give a dog a shot or a medicine to make sure that the dog belongs to an owner. I would not guarantee it because a vet could forget to scan it first. Who knows.

Yupp I know, it was very disgusting to discover that Ruby was stolen, and it is even more disgusted because that guy who stole Ruby was used to be my friend and I haven't hang out with him for very long time, for like one year or something, and while he had Ruby, he was backstabbing on me about my relationship with Ruby, like saying that Ruby was from a "drug's house", Ruby was from "lousy responibilities owner", etc. Right now I don't want to see him ever again and would not recommend anyone to meet him.

About the microchip, read my reply after Jiro's post.

while microchip technology is a great idea.... here's a big problem about this.

1. Technology changes frequently. because of this - most or some shelters/vets don't bother upgrading to newer version. If your dog was implanted with newer version of microchip - the old version scanner won't be able to read it or decipher it
2. Not all databases are interconnected together. It could be different databases depending on what company the local/state uses.

Pretty stupid, right? Government should just create a standardized policy for microchipping pets.

Wow, interesting, thank you guys for letting me know about the microchips, allirght I will be aware of those. I was told by one of my friends that the microchip was only like $30, was that true? I was actually surprised to see that price that cheap.

Wow, It's very sad experience... It's wonderful to know that you didn't give Ruby up... and love her as your baby...

Yupp I know, it was very disgusting to discover that Ruby was stolen, and it is even more disgusted because that guy who stole Ruby was used to be my friend and I haven't hang out with him for very long time, for like one year or something, and while he had Ruby, he was backstabbing on me about my relationship with Ruby, like saying that Ruby was from a "drug's house", Ruby was from "lousy responibilities owner", etc. Right now I don't want to see him ever again and would not recommend anyone to meet him.

About the microchip, read my reply after Jiro's post.

Wow, interesting, thank you guys for letting me know about the microchips, allirght I will be aware of those. I was told by one of my friends that the microchip was only like $30, was that true? I was actually surprised to see that price that cheap.

It would be interesting for you to know about microchip.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/7887-micro-chip.html

I am so glad your dog is back home safe. Shame on the guy who stole her.

Hopefully Ruby will be back to her normal self soon.

Wow, It's very sad experience... It's wonderful to know that you didn't give Ruby up... and love her as your baby...

Yupp I would never give up for my pets :)

It would be interesting for you to know about microchip.

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/7887-micro-chip.html

Ohh thank you for the link to that thread, but that thread seems goes off-topic on the religions :lol:

I am so glad your dog is back home safe. Shame on the guy who stole her.

Hopefully Ruby will be back to her normal self soon.

Thank you :) Ruby is all herself now and are happy right now ;)

Update:

I check Ruby's bald spots recently and notice that it is turning into pink and some of black dots fading, that mean she is healing! :)

Back