Ron Paul 2008!

Yiffzer

Reaction score
anyone here rooting for ron paul 2008?
if you don't know who he is, google him.
tonight, he raised over $6 million dollars.
one of the highest records of all political fundraisings in history.
i am one of the thousands that donated to his cause for:
liberty, individual freedom, and personal rights.
name any candidate that abides by the constitution?
i know only two or three - one of them is ron paul.
ron paul revolution. ;D

find out the real ron paul here: The Ron Paul I Know by Carol Paul

what ron paul is against:
  • ron paul is against the iraq war resolution.
  • ron paul is against the use of any military attack against iran.
  • ron paul is against being part of the UN.
  • ron paul is against being part of the NATO.
  • ron paul is against being part of the WTO.
  • ron paul is against being part of any NAFTA deal.
  • ron paul is against any funding of foreign countries including israel.
  • ron paul is against the federal reserve.
  • ron paul is against inflation.
  • ron paul is against big government.
  • ron paul is against the IRS.
  • ron paul is against the federal reserve.
  • ron paul is against raising taxes.
  • ron paul is against unbalanced budgeting.
  • ron paul is against the patriot act.
  • ron paul is against regulating the internet.
  • ron paul is against increasing power of the executive branch.
  • ron paul is against the existence of many government departments.

perfect...

Last edited:
I don't think he has a reasonable chance of getting the Republican nomination. I think he will make some kind of third party bid after the caucuses or conventions. I think he's hanging with the GOP until then so he can participate in the debates and party coverage.

Just my opinion. :)

I don't think he has a reasonable chance of getting the Republican nomination. I think he will make some kind of third party bid after the caucuses or conventions. I think he's hanging with the GOP until then so he can participate in the debates and party coverage.

Just my opinion. :)

and you base your opinion on what observation?
ron paul has a huge following.
he has more meetups compared to any candidate around.
those that are negative claiming, "i don't think he has a reasonable chance..." are just those that sit and do nothing about it.
do something about it.
i am. are you?

U.S. Presidential Candidate Most in Favor of Raw Milk

U.S. presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Texas) has introduced legislation (HR 4077) that would allow the transportation and sale of raw milk and raw milk products. His bill would remove an unconstitutional restraint on farmers who wish to sell these products, and people who wish to consume them.

Ron Paul took this action after he heard from many people who would like to purchase unpasteurized milk -- people who had done their own research and come to the conclusion that unpasteurized milk is healthier than pasteurized milk.

“These Americans have the right to consume these products without having the federal government second-guess their judgment about what products best promote health,” Paul said.

“I urge my colleagues to join me in promoting consumers’ rights, the original intent of the Constitution, and federalism by cosponsoring my legislation to allow the interstate sale of unpasteurized milk and milk products,” he continued.

Sources:
LewRockwell.com November 17, 2007

Discover the Amazing Health Promoting Benefits of Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

I recommend using Fresh Shores Extra Virgin Coconut Oil instead of other cooking oils when you want to go from flab to fab, help stimulate your metabolism, decrease cravings, or help restore more youthful-looking skin. It’s made from fresh-picked coconuts, and contains no chemical additives or trans-fats.

Find Out More

Dr. Mercola's Comments:
Ron Paul is committed to making positive changes in the health-care arena, and this move to legalize the sale of raw milk proves that.

Raw milk is truly a health-promoting food, but the way the laws are currently configured, many Americans are forced to break the law to obtain it.

As Ron Paul stated, most of you who drink raw milk are doing so because you have done the research, or experienced the benefits first-hand. The federal government really has no place telling you what is healthy for you and your family.

Ironically, the same government that allows trans fats, fast food and corn syrup to proliferate the market thinks that you need to be “protected” from the valuable nutrients in raw milk. If you follow the money trail, you will indeed find out the very precise reason why this is.

If this legislation is passed, it would make obtaining healthy raw milk so much easier for many of you, and I applaud Ron Paul for introducing it.

In case you aren’t familiar with some of Paul’s other health-related opinions, he believes in:

Expanding the ability of Americans to use alternative medicine and new treatments.
Opposing legislation that increases the FDA‘s legal powers.
The notion that the government should never have the power to require immunizations or vaccinations.
More so than any other presidential candidate, Ron Paul is trying to improve the fatally flawed health paradigm in time to benefit you and your children.

So What Can YOU Do?

If you agree with Ron Paul’s message of health freedom and liberty then JOIN THE CAUSE!

I have never donated to any politician in my life. However, I am going to break that pattern now by contributing to the next Ron Paul drive on December 16. If you are considering donating to Ron Paul, do NOT do it until that time.

You see it is NOT directly about the money. He is only going to use the money to gather media attention -- and by collecting so much money he has gathered millions of dollars of media attention that he could never afford to buy. This helped spread his message of freedom and liberty, which are both currently at risk in the United States.

If you can’t afford to donate, that is no problem. What you CAN do is SPREAD the word.

Search my site for previous Ron Paul videos and send them to ALL of your friends and relatives, and encourage them to sign up for the December 16 campaign.

There are 1.3 million people that receive this newsletter. We CAN make a HUGE difference. If only a small fraction of you spread this message in YOUR networks and communities just imagine what we can do.

So drive everyone you know and have them join the Ron Paul Boston Tea Party Campaign on December 16. This date is in celebration of the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party in which the founding fathers of the United States made a difference that ultimately freed them from the largest military force on the planet at that time.

Also, if you want to show your support for Ron Paul in your neighborhood, get a yard sign.

If you saw the amazing water buffalo video you can start to realize that if we all unite together we really do have a chance to overthrow the lions that are trying to eat us alive.

Related Articles:

Ron Paul on the Tonight Show

Ron Paul and the Empire

Real Reason Why Raw Milk Was Banned in California

Reba said:

Just my opinion.
I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ross Perot.

Yiffzer said:
what ron paul is against:

* ron paul is against the iraq war resolution.
* ron paul is against the use of any military attack against iran.
* ron paul is against being part of the UN.
* ron paul is against being part of the NATO.
* ron paul is against being part of the WTO.
* ron paul is against being part of any NAFTA deal.
* ron paul is against any funding of foreign countries including israel.
* ron paul is against the federal reserve.
* ron paul is against inflation.
* ron paul is against big government.
* ron paul is against the IRS.
* ron paul is against the federal reserve.
* ron paul is against raising taxes.
* ron paul is against unbalanced budgeting.
* ron paul is against the patriot act.
* ron paul is against regulating the internet.
* ron paul is against increasing power of the executive branch.
* ron paul is against the existence of many government departments.
That's just fine and dandy, but what exactly is he "for"? What plan of action does he have regarding all those things he is "against"?

It's looking like Huckaby is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I personally like Fred Thompson, as do historians.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ross Perot.

That's just fine and dandy, but what exactly is he "for"? What plan of action does he have regarding all those things he is "against"?

well excuse me for typing "against". i could just as easily reverse all of these into this:

* ron paul is for the withdrawal of military from iraq.
* ron paul is for the impeachment of bush and cheney for the use of any military attack against iran.
* ron paul is for the withdrawal from the UN.
* ron paul is for the withdrawal from the NATO.
* ron paul is for the abolishment of the WTO.
* ron paul is for the abolishment from any NAFTA deal.
* etc...

i literally typed each and one of them anyway.

if you want to see his views and issues straight from him, then go to: Ron Paul 2008 › Issues

if you want to see indepth critical essays and his actual plan(s) for his issues, then go to: Congressman Ron Paul

enjoy.

viva la revolution! ;D

I just don't feel that there are any easy fixes for the issues raised. And for a politician to make it appear that they are capable of handling all these issues without the support of congress is irresponsible to do so.

It's looking like Huckaby is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I personally like Fred Thompson, as do historians.

i don't see why huckabee is anything special other than the fact he's a christian extremist.

he doesn't believe in evolution (anyone who doesn't is clearly uneducated).
he is for the iraq war (just when we wanted peace!).
he pardoned his son's crimes (how is that any fair?).
he pardoned a rapist and let him free (...).
he is not knowledgeable about iran and its events surrounding it (he doesn't know what NIE is).
he keeps insisting that america was founded by christians and he's "taking it back for christ" (very ignorant of him - america is not founded on christian values).
he wants to tax people despite his website saying he opposes it (yeah, contradiction!)
he contradicts himself all the time (talk but no walk).

shrug.

I just don't feel that there are any easy fixes for the issues raised. And for a politician to make it appear that they are capable of handling all these issues without the support of congress is irresponsible to do so.

just look at ron paul's track record. he's one of the most consistent and reliable congressman of all congressmen. if he talks, he will walk. but you're being negative. if you're not willing to vote for the best candidate, then who are you going to vote for? the second best? there really isn't any second best. everyone frails in comparison to ron paul. my well-researched opinion, of course.

Yiffzer said:
i don't see why huckabee is anything special other than the fact he's a christian extremist.
the thing that makes him special is the fact that he is leading the race in many areas right now
Yiffzer said:
he doesn't believe in evolution (anyone who doesn't is clearly uneducated)
Now, who’s being “anti-semitic”?
Yiffzer said:
he pardoned his son's crimes (how is that any fair?).
he pardoned a rapist and let him free (...).
he is not knowledgeable about iran and its events surrounding it (he doesn't know what NIE is).
Please provide some documentation to support your allegations.
Yiffzer said:
he keeps insisting that america was founded by christians and he's "taking it back for christ" (very ignorant of him - america is not founded on christian values).
Did you even pay attention in American History?
Yiffzer said:
he wants to tax people despite his website saying he opposes it (yeah, contradiction!)
he contradicts himself all the time (talk but no walk).
Again with the unsupported allegations…
Yiffzer said:
just look at ron paul's track record. he's one of the most consistent and reliable congressman of all congressmen. if he talks, he will walk. but you're being negative. if you're not willing to vote for the best candidate, then who are you going to vote for? the second best? there really isn't any second best. everyone frails in comparison to ron paul. my well-researched opinion, of course.
How is asking pertinent questions being “negative”? I simply asked you to support your statements. Furthermore, just because you think he is the best candidate, doesn’t mean that I will think he is the best candidate, and I can assure you that I will thoroughly research EACH potential candidate prior to the primaries. If you want someone to vote for the candidate of your choice, you should provide reasons WHY you support them, and then be prepared to back up your statements, otherwise you just appear to be blowing smoke up our asses.

the thing that makes him special is the fact that he is leading the race in many areas right now

yes, straw polls are really special.

Now, who’s being “anti-semitic”?

i'm not sure how evolution has anything to do with anti-semitism. ad hominem much?

YouTube - Mike Huckabee Denies Evolution

Please provide some documentation to support your allegations.

i wouldn't have stated it if i couldn't support it. besides, i thought these were common knowledge by now (the media does report on those things, don't they? ahh, i guess not...)

Crooks and Liars » Huckabee Squashed Charges Against His Son For Stoning, Hanging Dog
Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release - Politics on The Huffington Post
Think Progress » Huckabee Clueless On Iran NIE: ‘No,’ Never Heard Of It

Did you even pay attention in American History?

yes. did you?

the founding fathers of america were mostly deists, not christian. and quite a few disliked the concept of organized religion, especially john adams. hence separation of church and state. i would assume this to be common knowledge by now.

hell, here's some reading for you: An Interview with Jon Butler ... Was America Founded as a Christian Nation?

Again with the unsupported allegations…

orly?

http://www.blogsforfredthompson.com/huckabees-tax-increases-no-laughing-matter.html
FactCheck.org: Huckabee's Fiscal Record

How is asking pertinent questions being “negative”?

you have not asked a single question that i claim was negative. i would never claim a question to be negative - only to statements that may be one.

and you base your opinion on what observation?
ron paul has a huge following.
he has more meetups compared to any candidate around.
those that are negative claiming, "i don't think he has a reasonable chance..." are just those that sit and do nothing about it.
do something about it.
i am. are you?
My observation is that most of the points in his platform are not supported by a majority of Republicans. Also, he doesn't have a strong "electability" factor, which will be important to the Republicans when they make their candidate choice.

Since he won't be chosen as Republican candidate, and he does have a loyal following supporting him, I doubt that he would want to just give up. That's why I think he might try to run as a third party candidate. I could be wrong, and that would be no big deal to me. I'm not betting any money on my statement; it's just an opinion.

There are too many points in Paul's platform that I don't support. So, he won't be the candidate that I will support. As for sitting back and doing nothing, well, I do plan to do something--I'll vote for someone other than Ron Paul.

I cannot remember why but Paul gives me the willies.

The NAFTA agreement is rendered useless as the consumers still have to pay duty taxes they order from each other's countries.

It's only good for the corporations since they save money. In fact, this agreement is probably what caused Wal-Mart and other big box stores to expand at such a rapid rate in the 90s and 2000s across the USA and into Canada.

Ron Paul believes a conspiracy about merging US, Canada, and Mexico:

From Newsweek: Highway To Hell?

Ron Paul wants you to be scared. There's a conspiracy in the land—what he calls a "conspiracy of ideas"—to give up America's sovereignty. It's a shadowy scheme that begins with the NAFTA "superhighway," a road as wide as several football fields that will link Mexico, the United States and Canada. "They don't talk about it and they might not admit it," Paul said at the CNN-YouTube presidential debate last week. He didn't say exactly who "they" are, but perhaps one can guess. "They're planning on [taking] millions of acres … by eminent domain," warned the prickly libertarian. But elected government officials aren't acting alone. There's "an unholy alliance of foreign consortiums and officials from several governments" pushing the idea, Paul wrote in October 2006. "The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union—complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union.

Only it's not true.
"

---

He wants to end the US Department of Education.

From Ron Paul's website "The federal government has no constitutional authority to fund or control schools. I want to abolish the unconstitutional, wasteful Department of Education and return its functions to the states. By removing the federal subsidies that inflate costs, schools can be funded by local taxes, and parents and teachers can directly decide how best to allocate the resources."

---

Ron Paul has support from white supremecists (sp?) and took contributions from people from Stormfront, a white supremecist group that talks about Ron Paul meet-ups on its forum (I won't link because racist junk but use "Stormfront" in Google, look in the Activist forum under "Events".)

My observation is that most of the points in his platform are not supported by a majority of Republicans.

what does this mean? do you mean to believe that the majority of the republicans oppose him because he doesn't represent the republicans? do you mean that because a great number of republicans oppose him, that he might be wrong?

Also, he doesn't have a strong "electability" factor, which will be important to the Republicans when they make their candidate choice.

it's not the republicans that determine the electability. it's the delegates. we have tons of ron paul delegates ready to go to the caucuses. it's the delegates that determine his nominations.

Since he won't be chosen as Republican candidate, and he does have a loyal following supporting him, I doubt that he would want to just give up.

you are already deciding the future for yourself. with your statement, you have sealed the moment. you have ultimately decided that he will not be chosen as a republican candidate. your statements reeks of negativity.

That's why I think he might try to run as a third party candidate. I could be wrong, and that would be no big deal to me. I'm not betting any money on my statement; it's just an opinion.

you are wrong because he has said time and time again that he is not going to run as libertarian.

There are too many points in Paul's platform that I don't support. So, he won't be the candidate that I will support. As for sitting back and doing nothing, well, I do plan to do something--I'll vote for someone other than Ron Paul.

i'd absolutely love to hear about ron paul's points that you do not support. let's get it out here in the open and correct some misconceptions. :)

if you're not going to vote for ron paul, at least vote for kuncinich on the democratic side.

Ron Paul believes a conspiracy about merging US, Canada, and Mexico:

From Newsweek: Highway To Hell?

Ron Paul wants you to be scared. There's a conspiracy in the land—what he calls a "conspiracy of ideas"—to give up America's sovereignty. It's a shadowy scheme that begins with the NAFTA "superhighway," a road as wide as several football fields that will link Mexico, the United States and Canada. "They don't talk about it and they might not admit it," Paul said at the CNN-YouTube presidential debate last week. He didn't say exactly who "they" are, but perhaps one can guess. "They're planning on [taking] millions of acres … by eminent domain," warned the prickly libertarian. But elected government officials aren't acting alone. There's "an unholy alliance of foreign consortiums and officials from several governments" pushing the idea, Paul wrote in October 2006. "The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union—complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union.

Only it's not true.
"

ron paul clarified his position during the cnn debates about this. the reason he's against nafta and the superhighway is because it was more of a globalist agenda. it only promoted bigger government and disregarded the security of our borders. he argues clearly that it was not so much the conspiracy but the fact that nafta did not serve the interest of true free trade and american sovereignty.

---

He wants to end the US Department of Education.

From Ron Paul's website "The federal government has no constitutional authority to fund or control schools. I want to abolish the unconstitutional, wasteful Department of Education and return its functions to the states. By removing the federal subsidies that inflate costs, schools can be funded by local taxes, and parents and teachers can directly decide how best to allocate the resources."

yes, that's actually great. the u.s. department of education did nothing for us. more than likely it held us back. why are we forced to follow the usde when they are inefficient themselves? let the states and city handle it.

---

Ron Paul has support from white supremecists (sp?) and took contributions from people from Stormfront, a white supremecist group that talks about Ron Paul meet-ups on its forum (I won't link because racist junk but use "Stormfront" in Google, look in the Activist forum under "Events".)

that's a typical argument against ron paul. ron paul doesn't necessarily agree with their beliefs but they all agree on a common ground and that's liberty, personal freedom, and rights. just because a white supremacist group supports ron paul doesn't necessarily make ron paul a bad person. i could be the greatest person alive and hitler endorsed me. would that say much about my character? hardly. he takes donations from everyone of different beliefs which is perfectly okay. to argue otherwise would be stupid.

Back