Roku update coming soon this month :)

sunsetlover

Reaction score
All well we all know Roku not always the greatest with finding channels on it that will guarantee captions.

I mainly use it for Hulu & Netflix. My screensaver is my FB wall feed with the photos only of different things.

Did get notice from them that they are updating it this month. :) So I'm wondering how many here looking forward to the change & liking their Roku? :)

I used my credit card then it expired. Leave it at that. :)

I was curious. I am a Netflix subscriber. I've never used Hulu. Which one is better? Both are same price.

Hulu vs Roku:

what I notice:

Hulu: new tv shows are one day delayed from air-on-tv date but eventually have an expired date
Netflix: have to wait many episodes later then finally it will show if on queue ((otherwise your other option is Mail-in DVD queue))

----

If you have a Queue on Hulu and you have it set on "auto play next on list" beware about falling asleep!! :)
If you fall asleep during Netflix, thats ok!! Its not like its going to play next

--------

Netflix: more choices on movies and most time guarantee captions
Hulu: I've seen tv & movie titles that I knew for sure had captions but its not captioned on Hulu.

------

Netflix and Hulu are both on wii too.. Last I saw --- Hulu still didnt have update on wii to show captions unless its a foreign film with English subs already..

------

Hulu has some shows that will say "Web Only" -- so that means either use a PC to watch it or use "Puffin Browser" on ipad/iphone (not sure also android but I believe so since its available on Nook too)

or a internet connected Blu Ray player, works for me. :)

Roku is suck! Roku requires credit card to register!

No it does not require credit card to register.

My Roku is registered without a credit card, You can go to their website and get on their support chat or call their support line. All they need is your activation code or serial number of your Roku device and they will register it for you without credit card.

No it does not require credit card to register.

My Roku is registered without a credit card, You can go to their website and get on their support chat or call their support line. All they need is your activation code or serial number of your Roku device and they will register it for you without credit card.

Too much to work for most people. That's why they think it' sucks.

Apple TV never asked that and it took me under 5 minutes to setup and ready to go.

I have both Apple TV and Roku, I pick Roku. Since Roku is in the living room, I use it the most so maybe that explains my pick.

With Roku system: I have HuluPlus, Vudu, Netflix, and PlayOn (love ChannelOne on PlayOne)
With Apple TV: I have HuluPlus and Netflix
With Blu-Ray Player: I have Vudu, Netflix, and HuluPlus but have only used it for DVD’s

Hard to say one system sucks over the other if you never used all systems.

Apple TV never asked that and it took me under 5 minutes to setup and ready to go.

Online Chat took me 10 minutes to get registered.

If extra 5 more minutes is too much work for you , I guess that how today generations are :D

If extra 5 more minutes is too much work for you , I guess that how today generations are :D

Who knows.

Not everyone bother to looks up online chat or they don't know that they use for online chat to registered without credit card necessary.

5 minutes? You slow. It took me 1 second to finish. :cool2:

Roku and you slow too. :lol:

j/k ;)

None of my accounts are compromised. :P

Now, you are high because of too much sugars in coffee. :giggle:

Oh man. Did you cheat your eyes examination to passed snellen chart? :giggle:

<-------------
Please wear your glasses and look my avatar again.

Oh man. Did you cheat your eyes examination to passed snellen chart? :giggle:

<-------------
Please wear your glasses and look my avatar again.

Someone put too much sugars in your coffee without your knowledge. :lol:

Back