RIT or Gallaudet?

I loved that mexcian resturent there... I forgot the name..

I only like the salad bar at the cafeteria. Gally makes so much greasy food- ick. I'm an extremely fussy eater.

I hope your GI problem gets better soon! Stay away from the fried junk etc.

Despite the crappy food there, I choose Gallaudet over RIT. I find that I'm much more comfortable being in an all-deaf environment. Growing up, I was around hearing people 24/7 and I always felt left out. I would love to start living in the deaf world for a change.

Gally also offers good education!

Yup, I requested them to cook 2 vegetables and ate in few hours ago, also I don't eat any meats due fear of GI problem because they cook a grilled chicken breast on nasty greasy cook top and some students said they probably not wash any vegetables so well, that promote me to concern about food safety.

Thank you for telling me about GI problem and it wasn't pleasant to experience like that. :(

I am considering RIT NTID simply cause I cant stand being in all voice off environment lol. But I do want to study to be an game developer which then RIT is the place to learn it of course.

But I agree with everyone else, gally food sucked big time. Good thing I was only there for a week cause I could NOT stand the food after 2 days. I remember having to order Chinese food cause of that

Yup, Gally cafeteria during summertime is fucking terrible and very limited selection of food.

I'm consider about transfer to RIT if I'm not happy with Gally and I hope their dorm room has kitchen.

I would say Au Bon Pain, the food is low in calories and full of nutrition.

I love their spinach and cheese croissants!!

Oh really, I will try it when I'm at union station.

Thanks for tip. :D

I would say Au Bon Pain, the food is low in calories and full of nutrition.

I love their spinach and cheese croissants!!

Au Bon Pain? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for meager amount of food. ridiculous.

Deaf school will hire you if you have degree from Gallaudet.

High-tech will hire you if you have degree from RIT (not NTID)

RIT is not a deaf college but it provides interpreters. I went there for one year after graduating from NTID. To tell you the truth, it was very tough for me since the interpreters signed too fast because the teachers kept lecturing with no interruption. If you don't understand what the teacher says, she/he won't repeat it for your sake, otherwise the class would be behind. You have to see the teacher after class if you have questions.

I don't know about Gally but I believe that the teachers sign at a normal pace like NTID.

Deaf school will hire you if you have degree from Gallaudet.

High-tech will hire you if you have degree from RIT (not NTID)

Why would they not hire from NTID? Aren't the degrees as good? Unless you get the degree from RIT, even though you went to NTID?

Because that's just my opinion

No, I'm not disagreeing with you. I have no first-hand knowledge of these schools. I'm trying to learn more.

I'm considering going to NTID at some point. I'm trying to clarify if it would be worth it, because if it is true that employers won't hire someone with a degree from NTID, what would be the point in going there?

So I was asking:

1) Are you saying that people who go to NTID actually have RIT printed on their degrees?

and/or 2) Are you saying that a degree from either NTID or RIT is worthless to tech employers?

No, I'm not disagreeing with you. I have no first-hand knowledge of these schools. I'm trying to learn more.

I'm considering going to NTID at some point. I'm trying to clarify if it would be worth it, because if it is true that employers won't hire someone with a degree from NTID, what would be the point in going there?

So I was asking:

1) Are you saying that people who go to NTID actually have RIT printed on their degrees?

and/or 2) Are you saying that a degree from either NTID or RIT is worthless to tech employers?

NTID which is a technical college for the Deaf on RIT campus offers associate degrees only, same as community colleges but in addition to two years, it requires students to take basic courses such as English, math, etc during the first year so the total is three years in order to get an associate degree from NTID. I don't know if it has been changed or not.

Wirelessly posted

Ntid provides only associates degree so if you want to get a bachelors. Either transfer to RIT from NTID after completing your associates or go to RIT directly. Gallaudet provides 4 year program but in my opinion it's only good for deaf education majors or interpreting.

Entirely depends on what you want to major in. Im a graduate of RIT so I know about their programs firsthand if you have any questions.

So I was asking:

It just that way people individual, hearing and deaf whom will recognition on the resume.

The many corp company are more like impressive with university that have best football team. "You went to Oklahoma University? Oh! I'm fan of that team. I'll hire you! tell me about your experience what's like in there?"

RIT and it's not even close. Nearly everything is better at RIT than Gallaudet. RIT is a place that constantly striving to improve their appeal to students and prospective companies who might hire RIT Alumnis. I could go on and on and on and on about the positives abt going to RIT compared to Gally.

But that's my own biased opinion. I opted to travel 6-7 hours upwards to NY rather than go 15 miles from my hometown to Gallaudet.

gallaudet gave me confidence by participing lot of activities that i had never been before. Now I am comfortable for whatever I like to join and i will if i want to. Gally have good job internships if you are serious about, that it helps you to explore with your future jobs. I am not a school material person, though. :)

Back