Rit/ntid

ClearSky - It is worth for you to think about attending a college. That's where you will earn more money than your high school diploma. Some companies rather to hire someone who has a HS diploma because of low salary - that's what the companies like that. But, we don't want this happen.

What about a community college with some interpreters? You should think about your future. You will never be too old. There are older people attending their college. My mother graduated at a community college when she was 50 years old. She was glad that she did it.

Don't feel yourself being negative. Otherwise, you would say that you should have listened to your counselor in the first place. NTID or Galluadet should be all right. RIT could be hard, but a challenge. You can go to a community college if you want to. I took some liberal art classes at RIT, and it was interesting. I finally made it thru the classes.

About a party at college, it's your choice. I take serious myself to focus on my education because nowaday things are getting hard to find a job. It's okay to have a small party for a few hours once a month - I do not even want to drink alcohol. It would ruin my life - it has nothing to do with my religious. You should enjoy yourself to meet the students at school.

At NTID, I wasted my two years of studing in ACT (computer) because many companies banned COBAL. I took two majors - ACT and Media (photo). I started my own art framing business, and I like to be the boss whatever I want to do with my own time.

I recommend you to think about something that you might want to learn from scratch like starting your own business someday. NTID made a wrong path of teaching students to focus on big companies instead of small companies or a startup a business. I don't remember about RIT, and I am pretty sure that RIT is a good one.

Just don't worry if you want to change your major. You can do it... Smile. Maybe, you try to take a class not related to your major. That will give you a chance for your backup goal. You need to convince your supervisiors (i.e. 4 years of major and 2 years of minor - which total 5 years). That's what I did.

What's COBAL?

What's COBAL?

I made a mistake. The correct spelling is COBOL. Sorry. It is an old software programming, and it expired in around 1990. Many programmers are pissed off, and they have to start over and learn different programming. A very few companies still use the COBOL. I doubt it because IBM's system's future updates that will not compatible with the COBOL. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COBOL .

C or C++ is probably the best program that last for a long time. It can be complicated. The drawback is that you could end up hours to find and correct the errors. It is just like a spaghetti to find one tiny error - I hate it. Some bug programs can help you to find the error, but it is not always the answer. That's just something else in it in order to work proper. C++ is better than C because of short and a few lines in programming. For example, C has 800 lines comparing to C++ has 300 lines to make a new software.

I realize that working on programmings can waste my life. You know life is short. That's hard to think about working for a company to make a software. I have noticed that many programmers wear thick glasses and their healthy isn't great because of sitting on a chair for hours and no fresh air. I bet that some moderators are sick sitting and checking/reading hundreds of posts every single day.

Well, I meant too old to join the RIT/NTID dorms. Is there a certain age that you cannot live in a dorm with students?

I know no one's too old for an education anywhere. I did go to a community college, but I wasn't happy or focused. It wasn't easy to make friends either...so. I still don't really know what to do. Business isn't really appealing to me.

Well, I meant too old to join the RIT/NTID dorms. Is there a certain age that you cannot live in a dorm with students?

I know no one's too old for an education anywhere. I did go to a community college, but I wasn't happy or focused. It wasn't easy to make friends either...so. I still don't really know what to do. Business isn't really appealing to me.

You could request to apply a single room in a dormitory. There are not that many single rooms in the dormitories.

I think that you might rather to rent an apartment near the RIT campus because you wouldn't like to wake up the false alarm in the middle of morning if you live in Tower A (dorm). You should find it out before it is too late because a lot of students are on a waiting list. Perhaps, the best place is for you to rent the apartment at the end of college building #14. There are a lot of changes and update new buildings on the campus that I have not seen for more than 10 years.

You said that business isn't appealing to you. I can understand that. Nobody like to go to work. You need to survive for making a living.

Please explain why you are not happy or not easy to make a friend? How old are you?

I am just saying I don't like business. It's not the only thing out there to be interested in or work for...

Nah, I am not interested in renting an apartment. I'd rather be involved on campus especially if it's the first time, then you figure out what you want later.

What is NTID exactly? Are their programs just easier? Do you graduate with a lesser degree than normal? Most of their programs are boring to me. There's only one I like. Everything else is computers, business and all the ones I find boring. RIT have a few programs that could interest me, but most are boring.

Explain to me the NTID college and their degrees? I read about their 2 plus 2 program where you take 2 years with NTID and you can go on 2 more at RIT for a BS. Can any deaf student attend NTID or just a select few that qualify?

It's just hard to make friends with those who don't understand how to communicate with you sometimes. That's what NTID say it will be easier at RIT/NTID because of the vast majority of awareness. That's all...

I am just saying I don't like business. It's not the only thing out there to be interested in or work for...

Nah, I am not interested in renting an apartment. I'd rather be involved on campus especially if it's the first time, then you figure out what you want later.

What is NTID exactly? Are their programs just easier? Do you graduate with a lesser degree than normal? Most of their programs are boring to me. There's only one I like. Everything else is computers, business and all the ones I find boring. RIT have a few programs that could interest me, but most are boring.

Explain to me the NTID college and their degrees? I read about their 2 plus 2 program where you take 2 years with NTID and you can go on 2 more at RIT for a BS. Can any deaf student attend NTID or just a select few that qualify?

It's just hard to make friends with those who don't understand how to communicate with you sometimes. That's what NTID say it will be easier at RIT/NTID because of the vast majority of awareness. That's all...

NTID stands for National Technical Institute for the Deaf. I assume that you already know that. I am not sure about what you mean about additional two programs. That might be something new to me.

All I know is that NTID provides three levels: Diploma, Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS), and Associate of Applied Science (AAS). If you want to receive AAS, then you are required to take Liberal Art classes at RIT.

NTID is easy level reading and writing. But, you may never know that some classes may be difficult. It is somewhat below a high school level. NTID has good programs for students to study in tech...

AOS - two or three years?
AAS - three years.

Most deaf students received an AAS in four years because of poor English, and they had to catch up in order to graduate at NTID. After you receive your AAS degree, then you are able to attend at RIT.

If you transfer from a college in the past, then RIT may waive you not take some class requirements. Unfortunately, many students did not make it so they have to meet the requirements before entering to RIT.

I remember I had an English Composition at NTID, and I did not make it so I had a 2nd chance for another composition. Finally, I passed it and entered at RIT. My friend cheated the test, and passed it. I heard that he failed at RIT in one year. I don't know what happened to him after I graduated...

http://www.ntid.rit.edu

I am sure that you will not have a problem with communication with the students. You just have to learn and accept what they are. If you don't want to socialize with them, then you could socialize with hearing people on the same campus.

Uh, about the selecting the difference class (or majors), I don't remember, but I fadely recalled that it was not easy for me to convince the supervisors because they prefer all students to take one major only.
Somehow, I convinced them, and it was successful. I realized that I should have taken one different class that I wished to study for my pleasure, but I didn't think of it at that time. I am not going back to study I had enough for me to work my ass off.

What class that you are interested in?

I've seen 40-year-old live in the dorms.

Okay, I have decided that RIT is not for me right now. I am just glad I don't have to decide anymore. I am going to do something that's not a college degree right now. I feel it's the best choice for me.

I have this pet peeve of the admissions counselor. I asked her if I needed another letter of recommendation if I re-apply again at a later time. The first time she didn't answer at all, then I told her of my decision and she just said just to contact her to let me know what else I needed. I am sure there's an answer for this, yes or no. I have asked her something before, and she avoids answering directly altogether. It pisses me off when people can't answer a clear question. If you don't know the answer, just say so! Acknowledge my question!!! When people start out like this, I already know I don't like them for some reason. They may be nice all of the time, but it's such a pet peeve because it leaves you unfulfilled with the answer you are seeking. Grr!!

Well, I wrote an e-mail to update the professor that had written me the letter of recommendation for RIT. I told her my decision, and I thanked her for doing the letter of recommendation because it helped me also to shape my decision.

Well, she never replied back. I know she read it because I get a receipt back that says she opened it. She told me that I should go to college and all of that, which is kind of her. There are just some people out there who will not believe in your decision about going a different route except college, period. My heart doesn't feel the same as theirs. Still, it just feels like you worry about not pleasing anyone. I know I shouldn't care, but it bothers me a little. I wish she had replied with something because she told me to give her an update once in awhile on my decision about RIT. Something didn't feel right about attending RIT for me.

I think I understand you. I am just wondering what kind of job do you like to work? What state are you from?

You could request to apply a single room in a dormitory. There are not that many single rooms in the dormitories.

I think that you might rather to rent an apartment near the RIT campus because you wouldn't like to wake up the false alarm in the middle of morning if you live in Tower A (dorm). You should find it out before it is too late because a lot of students are on a waiting list. Perhaps, the best place is for you to rent the apartment at the end of college building #14. There are a lot of changes and update new buildings on the campus that I have not seen for more than 10 years.

You said that business isn't appealing to you. I can understand that. Nobody like to go to work. You need to survive for making a living.

Please explain why you are not happy or not easy to make a friend? How old are you?

Actually, I am living at Tower A. There's not that many fire alarms anymore. Only five so far this year.

Actually, I am living at Tower A. There's not that many fire alarms anymore. Only five so far this year.

Wow. That's good to know that it has changed so much improvement. I bet that your students respect it.

It was obvious that the former students were so bad in a couple of years ago.

The old Tower A had crappy and sensitive smoke detectors. I set one off 7 years ago because I took a hot steamy shower. The other reason is because a lot of the pranksters were deaf students who would pull the alarm and run out of the building without getting caught.

Well, at the end of 2000... they closed Tower A and renovated it. (The eventually renovated Tower B and Tower C later.) With the new Tower A, they had improved and better smoke detectors installed. So, a hot steamy shower won't set it off. They also installed cameras at every exit... yes, EVERY exit from Tower A, Tower B, and Tower C. (This includes the basement exits as well.) At one point, there was a fire alarm 2 nights in a row caused by someone putting a bag of popcorn wrapped with oil-soaked paper towel (2nd time had a metal fork on top). Because of this, RIT removed ALL the microwaves from every floor... except the basement. This pissed everyone off. As for the security cameras, a lot of the students got busted and were suspended from school. With these 2 kinds of consequences taking place, the fire alarm greatly reduced. Before 2000, it was an average of over 30 fire alarms per quarter. After 200, it dropped to 5 per quarter (give or take a few).

You're probably thinking that all the dorms have security cameras. Well, I've checked... Tower A, Tower B, and Tower C are the only dorms that have cameras at every exit.

Wow. That's good to know that it has changed so much improvement. I bet that your students respect it.

It was obvious that the former students were so bad in a couple of years ago.
Nope, just better security. :)

I am glad that they were caught. They are damn deep in trouble. I hope that they will NEVER able to apply for another college. Screw them! I hope that they are homeless! They are jerk.

I had enough problems when I used to live in Tower A. My homework and exams were important me, and we were screwed up in the middle of morning. We had to sleep on the floor in other dorm for six hours. Many of us failed on the exams due tiredness and late for a class. There was a fire in a TV Lounge in 6 or 7 floor. The walls were completely black, melted plastic trash can, and melted TV set.

I am glad that they were caught. They are damn deep in trouble. I hope that they will NEVER able to apply for another college. Screw them! I hope that they are homeless! They are jerk.

I had enough problems when I used to live in Tower A. My homework and exams were important me, and we were screwed up in the middle of morning. We had to sleep on the floor in other dorm for six hours. Many of us failed on the exams due tiredness and late for a class. There was a fire in a TV Lounge in 6 or 7 floor. The walls were completely black, melted plastic trash can, and melted TV set.
Eek!

I've been late or missed classes and work because of the fire alarm. :(

I think I understand you. I am just wondering what kind of job do you like to work? What state are you from?

I am not comfortable sharing such information. All I know is that I don't feel ready for college. Maybe it's not the right time. I am just glad that at least I want to pursue something better.

Back