RIT experiences anyone?

I have heard about nice buildings and some new things which are far better than my old time on the campus in 2001.

Most important of all is for you to study well and suggest you have a backup plan. You need to keep in balance between fun and study at school. Your career really have to come first so that you might find a better salary for your future. Ask yourself if you want to start your own business - that is what you have to figure it out in case if you get layoff someday. Many deaf people who graduated from NTID/RIT and even Gallaudet got layoff in a few years later. This is not new to us. That's the reality in the hearing world that does not want to deal with the deaf people.

All you have to do is to be yourself and enjoy there. Yes, it is fun for you to meet many deaf people there. You will be fine. Bringing your car with you that make many new friends to go out shoppings and some good places. One problem, brace your life to deal with the crazy snow storms in the winter seasons. It is so important that you have to learn and use the ASL. You will thank us someday.

Good thing my first year of college does well for me, so I will make sure I balance study and fun! Thank you for a reminder that part.
As for a career wise, I do plan to be ASL teacher - foreign language- and hoping it wouldn't be much difficulty. It seems that people don't even realize I'm deaf in the first place once I begin having a conversation with them until they realize or I tell them that I am deaf. The famous lines of "You speak so well". Somehow, I'm not surprised these days. I'm hoping to change the perspective for the hearings in over time and change that.

Lol, I'm used to the storms! I live in WNY! I'm so used to it, that cold doesn't bother me for two and half months.

Looks like It's a good thing I'm practicing my signs and be familiar with basic ones. I managed to do well, with a friend of mine that knows signing much better than I do and told me I'm pretty good understanding. It's a start, I'll take it!

I was at Benson Hall at Gallaudet 1987-88. Fire alarms almost weekly. some weeks we had daily fire alarms. Some idiots want to achieve 91 fire alarms. Two were caught and AD.
Gallaudet has NSP and NSO

Haha...memories....memories....that still was going on when i was there....eheh..

Back