Rising Sign

pagedancer

Reaction score
Hey all,
I figured this was a good place to speak up. Forgive the moment of bragging, but I'm excited. My first novel, Rising Sign, was published this summer. It's an astrological fantasy novel and it's what would happen if the zodiac signs were made human and had powers. Gotten some great reactions so far. Anyway, just wanted to share. :)
risingsign_v7.jpg

I just looked it up, seems to be gathering quite a lot of positive reviews.

Congrats, Pagedanger!

Now, you are famous. ;)

How long it did take you to write this book? I am just curious.

Thanks to everyone! It took me about 4.5 years to write the book, with a 1.5 year break in the middle. I'm working on the sequel now. Are you a writer too, Sosie?

Congratulation, Pagedancer.

How many pages does your book have?

Thanks to everyone! It took me about 4.5 years to write the book, with a 1.5 year break in the middle. I'm working on the sequel now. Are you a writer too, Sosie?

Interesting! Let us know how the sequel turns out.
No, unfortunately, I am not a writer. :lol:

Page Dancer

Hi, Page Dancer

My name is Kay!!
I have alot of questions for you but before I start let me say Congrats on your novel!!!! I am an writer and want to publish an children's book so could you give me any advice of how to start. Pretty Please!! Thanks!!

Hi, Kay! :) Thanks for the congratulations! When it comes to publishing, it all depends on the route you want to take. Are you thinking about self-publishing? Have you developed query letters to send to agencies? Tell me more about your book and your process. :)

Hi, Kay! :) Thanks for the congratulations! When it comes to publishing, it all depends on the route you want to take. Are you thinking about self-publishing? Have you developed query letters to send to agencies? Tell me more about your book and your process. :)

Hey Page Dancer. Thanks for responding! Well honestly, I dont know where to start.. I have numberous of Children's stories. My next goal has definately been to have an book publish but I dont know where to start. IF I do self publishing what are the chances that it is going to end on the shelf of Barnes and noble. I know that the author of Rich Dad , Poor Dad started out selling books out of his trunk and is now one of the best sellers ever. I dont know where to even begin such as do i need to copyright? Definately need an ARtist for the stories ? binding company or whatever?

Hey Page Dancer. Thanks for responding! Well honestly, I dont know where to start.. I have numberous of Children's stories. My next goal has definately been to have an book publish but I dont know where to start. IF I do self publishing what are the chances that it is going to end on the shelf of Barnes and noble. I know that the author of Rich Dad , Poor Dad started out selling books out of his trunk and is now one of the best sellers ever. I dont know where to even begin such as do i need to copyright? Definately need an ARtist for the stories ? binding company or whatever?

Sounds like you've got a lot going on, DCG, which is awesome! I will say this; the process doesn't end with self-publishing. You then have to market and advertise. That takes a LOT of effort. Believe me, I know. You don't need to apply for a copyright - all intellectual material has an automatic copyright. You can apply if you like. It's $35.00 in the USA. You might be able to find an artist on here! There are such wonderful artists to be found; go exploring. :) If you decide to do a self-publishing company like me, there are a number to choose from, such as CreateSpace, Authorhouse, or Lulu. You can Google self-publishing houses and see what comes up. The most important thing is to have your story and it sounds like you have that, so congratulations!

Thank you to everyone for the support! I wanted to let you know that Rising Sign won 2nd place in a recent contest. :) Very excited.

Thank you to everyone for the support! I wanted to let you know that Rising Sign won 2nd place in a recent contest. :) Very excited.

Congratulations, Pagedancer!!! Keep up the good work!! :)
Are you planning to write again?

Hey all,
I figured this was a good place to speak up. Forgive the moment of bragging, but I'm excited. My first novel, Rising Sign, was published this summer. It's an astrological fantasy novel and it's what would happen if the zodiac signs were made human and had powers. Gotten some great reactions so far. Anyway, just wanted to share. :)

How did you come up with the idea of turning the zodiac signs into humans? Just curious.

Back