RIM Officially Announced BlackBerry Curve!

NO Problem man!

Next time, run 2nd browser and go to AltaVista and click "babelfish" .* Choose German to English.* This is fastest way for you to translate.* Copy and paste and click translate LOL.* I didn't do that on recent posting. I've seen "Juni" many time in past when I used to work for UTLAS (UNiversity of Toronto Library Automation System in USA) where I transfer data from library card to computer.* Some are written in foreign language so I had to use language translator book often until I finally able to read and translate without it.* I notice Spanish is easiest, French and Italian is okay, and German is a little tough (I've ever wonder how they pronounce that long words "Geschaftskunden" as "Business"for just simply short english version ROFL)* Check this out German Tmobile** T-Mobile | Mobilfunk | Geschäftskunden Portal

ROFL
Catty
~via BB~
Cathy, you gave the links out which I can't click those link, because I use my BB. bb told me i need to go PC. I will check it out.. thank you!

I betcha your brain crashed on German.* Pretend you're in Germany right now and you have no such knowledge what the word meant LOL. Say "Gunbangdungen" and They'll look upon you like a purebreed idiot
LOL
Catty
~via BB~
Ha you are sense of humor, don't you?* but in real life they would look down on me look more purebreed idiot.

No, It's Tmobile. I looked through Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs.* It did show on listing BUT on Tmobile website, None!! just 8700g.* In fact.. I DID saw 8703g on the list but few days later, I check again. It disappeared from the listing.* Tmobile's Blackberry dept told me they DO have 8705 but not yet on listing.* Sheesh Tmobile make it sound very confusing.** LIke I said before, I'm gonna to hold my pant really tight (I hope I don't rip my pant LOL) until Blackberry Curve arrives.* Actually I'm not in a hurry for Blackberry anyway as long as my old worn, beatened, bloated keyboarded Tmobile SK2 still alive and kickin'. :giggle:

Catty
~via BB~
Cathy, no problem. Now I got it. I believe that tmobile never put 8703 in list, expect 8700g and 8705g. I think you tell me 8703 which is sprint or verzionwireless.

Anyway, CATHY, I believe the Curve will be a big seller than PEARL 8100,

but there are a few concerns:

Firstly, the keyboard is a little bit smaller than the 8700. You will be more difficult to use the Curve keyboard.

Firsttime, I was awkward with BB's keyboard. Now, I’ve gotten used to the 8700's keyboard.

As BlackBerry CURVE's keyboard isn't bad. I got used to 8700 keyboard without any problems.

For you who enter lots of text, Email and IMz, I strongly recommend testing the CURVE before buying.

The CURVE 8300 keyboard is smaller than the 8700, but the keys aren't as slippery and they are much more widely spaced than the 8800.* It's a good keyboard, given the constraints of decreasing the size of the device.

BlackBerry Curve
4.2 lenghtx 2.4 wide x 0.6 inches

BlackBerry Pearl
4.2 lenght x 2 wide x 5.7 inches

NOTE: If curve arrived AT&T store, I courage you go there to check it out and play along with it for test. If you like it, hold your pant till the curve arrive T-MOB soon in july.

Good luck!

Curve now on Cingular's website ... Umm..

~via 8700g~

8300.jpg

No date listed.

http://business.cingular.com/busines...questid=126661:

T-Mo needs to step their game up and release this at the same time as AT&T. Im going insane…

T-mobile Germany already has the Curve…Why is the U.S. so behind in the game?????

----------------
~via 8700g~

While RIM Blackberries're on the subject, the BlackBerry 8300's screen is gorgeous. It displays 65,000 hues with a 320x240-pixel resolution as exact BlackBerry 8700 series.

Look the compare CURVE and Pearl size from lenght and width.

dsc00302.JPG

dsc00304.JPG

In fact, The curve's QWERTY keyboard is a bit cramped.

the spacing between the keys is fairly cramped, so much so that even your smaller or bigger hands had a hard time pressing the right keys. With such a slim profile and small weight, the Curve is comfortable to hold and use as a phone, even though it has a wider body than pearl.

it's the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry to date at just 4.2x2.4x0.6 inches. Its close to Pearl (4.2x2.0) size.

The offical CURVE became one of super compact QWERTY keyboard device as exact treo, dash, MotoQ, blackjack.

Look at mobile device'size:

the Treo 700 series (4.4x2.3x0.9 inches)

the BlackJack (4.4x2.3x0.6 inches)

the Moto Q (4.5x2.5x0.4 inches)

the T-Mobile Dash (4.4x2.5x0.5 inches)

~via BB~
Cathy, you gave the links out which I can't click those link, because I use my BB. bb told me i need to go PC. I will check it out.. thank you!

~via BB~
Ha you are sense of humor, don't you?* but in real life they would look down on me look more purebreed idiot.

~via BB~
Cathy, no problem. Now I got it. I believe that tmobile never put 8703 in list, expect 8700g and 8705g. I think you tell me 8703 which is sprint or verzionwireless.

Anyway, CATHY, I believe the Curve will be a big seller than PEARL 8100,

but there are a few concerns:

Firstly, the keyboard is a little bit smaller than the 8700. You will be more difficult to use the Curve keyboard.

Firsttime, I was awkward with BB's keyboard. Now, I’ve gotten used to the 8700's keyboard.

As BlackBerry CURVE's keyboard isn't bad. I got used to 8700 keyboard without any problems.

For you who enter lots of text, Email and IMz, I strongly recommend testing the CURVE before buying.

The CURVE 8300 keyboard is smaller than the 8700, but the keys aren't as slippery and they are much more widely spaced than the 8800.* It's a good keyboard, given the constraints of decreasing the size of the device.

BlackBerry Curve
4.2 lenghtx 2.4 wide x 0.6 inches

BlackBerry Pearl
4.2 lenght x 2 wide x 5.7 inches

NOTE: If curve arrived AT&T store, I courage you go there to check it out and play along with it for test. If you like it, hold your pant till the curve arrive T-MOB soon in july.

Good luck!

:rofl: :rofl: For size of keyboard. I'm used to typing SK2 keyboard. I did play with my friend's BB's keyboard, It's not bad. My fingers still can type on it. IT's just the handling on BB cuz SK2 have "handle" for me to hold. It would be good exercise for my hand to scrunch together to hold BB. I would get "Blackberry Cramp" for a while and it'll go away. I had "SK2 Cramp" when I switched from SK1 Color to SK2 (SK2 have deep seated keyboard). LOL There are some people who have "Bear's finger" (fat fingers) and had hard time typing. I've seen them typing with end of pencil eraser or narrow object. They need to buy full sized folding PC keyboard for BB to type ROFL..

AS for the screen (my concern), I wanted to know if BB Curve have same size screen as BB 8800. I know it is almost as wide as SK2 screen ( I checked TMobile's website for BB 8800 and click to have close up view w/ "Credit Card" to assume it's size of it.) But didn't have chance to see what BB Curve screen. Cuz I wanted the view which is comfortable for me to see like the way I see on SK2. I don't like Cellphone screen w/ browser. It's soo tiny and so limited!! (I played with my co-worker's Razor cellphone). I DON"T need a BiFocal to see. I can see lettering as tiny as credit card contract fine print just perfectly. It's just the pixel of LCD screen on SK2 and any cellphone that is hard to read sometime. I hope they make a really fine screen in future. To those who are squint'n through BiFocal, Sorry, If I offends you... (I've set refresh rate on CRT monitor 1200x1600 (maximum limit) and asked one of old assistant supervisor to read the Timeclock ring error. He squinted so hard through BiFocal and made a funny face w/ tongue wagging trying to make it out of it. It made me laughed so hard.)

Many of my hearing co workers love my SK2 and they kept borrowing mine to check Ebay bid status, Stock Quotes, checking Website they want to know ect.. And even make a 1 minute call to his wife LOL. The wish their cell have big screen like mine. I am looking forward to have BB Curve to show off my co worker. I told them I'm planning to buy BB and had a printout of BB 8800. They drooled at it and hoping that I would get it. I told them I have to wait a little longer for newer BB to come out. One of my co worker on next day saw me pulling out SK2 from distance, he rushed toward me (with excited eyes) assuming I got new BB. I told him Naw!! Look!! I still have old worn out SK2 Duh!!

Last of all, I just wanted a PAM (Phone As Modem) under Sprint. I asked Tmobile about it and they GUESS the have PAM on BB (cuz they said Data plan may include PAM). Aw sheesh they need to research more. So that I can bring my laptop to work during breaktime to use website via BB's PAM. Cuz there's no Wireless access in my building. The only way I can get wireless access by Wardriving through neighborhood area near my work during lunch break LOL.

Catty

For size of keyboard. I'm used to typing SK2 keyboard. I did play with my friend's BB's keyboard, It's not bad. My fingers still can type on it. IT's just the handling on BB cuz SK2 have "handle" for me to hold. It would be good exercise for my hand to scrunch together to hold BB. I would get "Blackberry Cramp" for a while and it'll go away. I had "SK2 Cramp" when I switched from SK1 Color to SK2 (SK2 have deep seated keyboard). LOL There are some people who have "Bear's finger" (fat fingers) and had hard time typing. I've seen them typing with end of pencil eraser or narrow object. They need to buy full sized folding PC keyboard for BB to type ROFL..
~via BB~
Catty, Ha, ha ha ha, you are so comedy lady! you know how to cheer my mood up,* SUPERCOOL! Yeah Curve's full compact keyboard better than Pearl's suretype "keyboard" style.

In case, Don't come back here to complaint about your hand cramps, because of the curve berry. Ha, ha :)

AS for the screen (my concern), I wanted to know if BB Curve have same size screen as BB 8800. I know it is almost as wide as SK2 screen ( I checked TMobile's website for BB 8800 and click to have close up view w/ "Credit Card" to assume it's size of it.) But didn't have chance to see what BB Curve screen. Cuz I wanted the view which is comfortable for me to see like the way I see on SK2. I don't like Cellphone screen w/ browser. It's soo tiny and so limited!! (I played with my co-worker's Razor cellphone). I DON"T need a BiFocal to see. I can see lettering as tiny as credit card contract fine print just perfectly. It's just the pixel of LCD screen on SK2 and any cellphone that is hard to read sometime. I hope they make a really fine screen in future. To those who are squint'n through BiFocal, Sorry, If I offends you... (I've set refresh rate on CRT monitor 1200x1600 (maximum limit) and asked one of old assistant supervisor to read the Timeclock ring error. He squinted so hard through BiFocal and made a funny face w/ tongue wagging trying to make it out of it. It made me laughed so hard.)
~via BB~
Catty

Yes I already post there is #42.:)*** 8700, 8800, 8300 (curve) are same screen size 320x240 and beautiful crisp pixel resolution! nothing changes.

Many of my hearing co workers love my SK2 and they kept borrowing mine to check Ebay bid status, Stock Quotes, checking Website they want to know ect.. And even make a 1 minute call to his wife LOL. The wish their cell have big screen like mine. I am looking forward to have BB Curve to show off my co worker. I told them I'm planning to buy BB and had a printout of BB 8800. They drooled at it and hoping that I would get it. I told them I have to wait a little longer for newer BB to come out. One of my co worker on next day saw me pulling out SK2 from distance, he rushed toward me (with excited eyes) assuming I got new BB. I told him Naw!! Look!! I still have old worn out SK2 Duh!!
~via BB~
Catty, LOL, you make me laughing so hard for real of what you said he thought that you got new BB while you pulled sk2. I think funny that he rushed to you, he though you got condom while you pulled it out of middle sexy bra. ha Just kidding... don't take personal fo real.. just JOKE! anyway..

Last of all, I just wanted a PAM (Phone As Modem) under Sprint. I asked Tmobile about it and they GUESS the have PAM on BB (cuz they said Data plan may include PAM). Aw sheesh they need to research more. So that I can bring my laptop to work during breaktime to use website via BB's PAM. Cuz there's no Wireless access in my building. The only way I can get wireless access by Wardriving through neighborhood area near my work during lunch break LOL.
~via BB~
Catty, unfortunately My BB 8700 don't have modem itself. I can't wait to get the CURVE BERRY, it will has tethered modem for laptop. :)

tetheredmodemda6.jpg

I aint hurry nor stress me out..

~via 8700g~
8700 series is a bit bigger than Curve'size:
curvecomparewith8700serbd9.jpg

8700[4.4x2.7] vs CURVE[4.2x2.4]

---------------
~via 8z00g~
Beautiful transparent picture:

transparentcurveqq7.jpg

CURVE LAUNCH in June 2007!

~via 8700g~
curvelaunchzb5.jpg

On web site The Boy Genius Report: showed us the invitation that he got for a Curve Launch Party being held on June 7th in New York City.

You'll have better luck going into an AT&T store when the phone comes out and paying the 500 or so bucks for it. You'll probably get it faster too.

For me, I can wait for the phone come out to hit on T-Mob store pretty soon, not toolate nor end of the world! Heheheh!

~via 8700g~
curvelaunchzb5.jpg

On web site The Boy Genius Report: showed us the invitation that he got for a Curve Launch Party being held on June 7th in New York City.

You'll have better luck going into an AT&T store when the phone comes out and paying the 500 or so bucks for it. You'll probably get it faster too.

For me, I can wait for the phone come out to hit on T-Mob store pretty soon, not toolate nor end of the world! Heheheh!

I rather sit and wait. Price will immedialy dropped and offer discounts. Perhap the next 3 to 6 months after BB Curve comes out. There are rumor on one of the BB's blog (I wish I did copy and paste it) saying that heard someone in BB dept are planning to have WiFi and GPS for BB Curve end of this year. There' no guarantee on that (just rumor). I always be the last to get so I would'nt be suckered LOL. Also Sprint, Tmobile and other carrier will finally include BB Curve to compete with AT&T's pricing. It's very much like Windows Vista comes out and not everyone rush to get it. They just wait until the bugs and kinks smoothed out in a year. I know BB Curve won't have plm but it's just the device's price. Let er' drop till anyone within budget range can get it. I knew it'll try appeal deafie. Remmy BB 8800 came out and they always include discount w/ 2 years contract to bring price down to $249. Eventually it'll drop even further once newer products come out the next 3 to 6 months.

Good Luck!
Catty

BB are nice looking PDAs but one thing that pushes me away from BB is that there are no SD cards slots or I never seen one on avaiable on a BB before.

I like having SD card for extra storage spaces on my PDA so I can store email attachments or movies or GPS maps on my PDA to take with me to watch etc.

My 8525 have a 2 gig SD card in it which allow me to put lots of files and applications on it.

BB are nice looking PDAs but one thing that pushes me away from BB is that there are no SD cards slots or I never seen one on avaiable on a BB before.

I like having SD card for extra storage spaces on my PDA so I can store email attachments or movies or GPS maps on my PDA to take with me to watch etc.

My 8525 have a 2 gig SD card in it which allow me to put lots of files and applications on it.
via 8700g~

Techbill, Whoa! HOW DARE you say like that?

YES, BB 8800 and 8300 do actually have the EXPANDABLE MEMORY slot support! MircoSD card from 64mb to 2GB are fully capable within beautiful CURVEBERRY.

Look below:

QUICK SPECS: *
BlackBerry Curve
www.blackberry.com
Network GSM Bands850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Data GRPS/EDGE
OSBlackBerry (J2ME)
Network AT&T
Memory 64MB
Expansion microSD Card
Display 2.5 inches (320 x 240 pixels, 65,000 colors)
Camera 2MP
Bluetooth 2.0
Talk/Standby Time4 hours/17 days Size 4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches
Weight3.9 ounces

http://laptopmag.com/Review/BlackBerry-Curve.htm

http://www.blackberrycurve.com/brains/features/memory.jsp

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/rim-blackberry-curve-aka/4505-6452_7-32434383.html

These links as above there you go before your mouth open and running!

tell me do curve has memory slot, before you jump the conclusion?

via 8700g~

Techbill, Whoa! HOW DARE you say like that?

YES, BB 8800 and 8300 do actually have the EXPANDABLE MEMORY slot support! MircoSD card from 64mb to 2GB are fully capable within beautiful CURVEBERRY.

Look below:

QUICK SPECS: *
BlackBerry Curve
BlackBerry
Network GSM Bands850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Data GRPS/EDGE
OSBlackBerry (J2ME)
Network AT&T
Memory 64MB
Expansion microSD Card
Display 2.5 inches (320 x 240 pixels, 65,000 colors)
Camera 2MP
Bluetooth 2.0
Talk/Standby Time4 hours/17 days Size 4.2 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches
Weight3.9 ounces

BlackBerry Curve Review by LAPTOP Magazine

BlackBerry® Curve™ | Memory for Your Music, Photos and Videos.

RIM BlackBerry Curve (aka BlackBerry 8300) Reviews. Smartphones Reviews by CNET.

These links as above there you go before your mouth open and running!

tell me do curve has memory slot, before you jump the conclusion?

I wasn't talking about the curve. I was talking about BB I seen before.

I was looking at a friend's 8703e he got recently from Sprint and I told him he should get a SD card for his BB so he asked me where do he put a SD card then we tried to find the SD card slot for it. We were suprised we couldn't see any slots at all on it.

Either it to well hidden or it does not have the SD slot on it.

Another friend had an older BB and he said he couldn't find or see a SD card on his either too.

~via 8700g~

8300.jpg

No date listed.

http://business.cingular.com/busines...questid=126661:

T-Mo needs to step their game up and release this at the same time as AT&T. Im going insane…

T-mobile Germany already has the Curve…Why is the U.S. so behind in the game?????

----------------
~via 8700g~

While RIM Blackberries're on the subject, the BlackBerry 8300's screen is gorgeous. It displays 65,000 hues with a 320x240-pixel resolution as exact BlackBerry 8700 series.

Look the compare CURVE and Pearl size from lenght and width.

dsc00302.JPG

dsc00304.JPG

In fact, The curve's QWERTY keyboard is a bit cramped.

the spacing between the keys is fairly cramped, so much so that even your smaller or bigger hands had a hard time pressing the right keys. With such a slim profile and small weight, the Curve is comfortable to hold and use as a phone, even though it has a wider body than pearl.

it's the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry to date at just 4.2x2.4x0.6 inches. Its close to Pearl (4.2x2.0) size.

The offical CURVE became one of super compact QWERTY keyboard device as exact treo, dash, MotoQ, blackjack.

Look at mobile device'size:

the Treo 700 series (4.4x2.3x0.9 inches)

the BlackJack (4.4x2.3x0.6 inches)

the Moto Q (4.5x2.5x0.4 inches)

the T-Mobile Dash (4.4x2.5x0.5 inches)

Tsk tsk copy Treo's qwerty style.

My friend who use BB for many years and he played my Treo 700p. He fall in love with it and he told me he must dump BB and plan to buy Treo.

I can put dvd movie with subtitle and old school games (Doom,Duke3d, Quake,etc.)

Well with my 8700 I really never had any crashes at all my friend who had a Treo told me his crashes too much so he moved to 8703e or g same BB OS.. I guess you are right about the carrier of these devices.. since 8700 uses edge.

Treo do nothing with that. I installed third-party software and keep crash then i removed it and no crash. Your friend should removed it or reset hard. So right now I got all good software and no crash so far. :)

Be nice to XBGMER :nono:

BB Curve and 8800 DOES have memory slots now. That's why I hestiated to buy BB cuz no memory slots while SK3 have memory slot. Until then, I saw new BB w/ memory slots built in so I am looking foward to get one. I MUST have memory slot period cuz I can save apps and files in there. So I bet you now have change of heart and going for newer BB.

I also am interested to have a video in BB to watch. I was trying to download cracked software that copy DVD movie and automatically modify to smaller size file enuf to fit 1 or 2 GB sd memory and enable it to run video. There's a software cost $24 to allow you to convert DVD movie for PDA or laptop w/o dvd drive using Flash card or SD memory card. I did download it from Bittorrent finally but without a serial crack (only allow me to play around but no actual use grrrr!!). P2P like Edonkey ect no longer have free downloading. It was shut down by court order due to too many illegal music download so they change and charges user monthly to use it's p2p service or purchase unlimit useage ($23 or a bit more) a year. I planned to do that later.

So the next BB in the future WILL always have memory slots so It already became everyone's neccessary device.. I want BB's PAM (Phone as Modem) to plug in my laptop at work cuz there's no WiFi there. This will make every co worker droolls (xcuse me man u're dripping on my keyboard!! wipe that off and sit over there!!)LOL

Catty

Last edited:

Many new pda's now have memory slots and allow user to save files or run apps from there saving pda's limited memory space. Also common reason is becasue hearing people want downloaded MP3 to listen music from their pda.
Catty

Catty

Last edited:
It's official: BlackBerry Curve, AT&T Tomorrow!

rl][/QUOTE]via 8700g~

Deafclimb, you beat me already, grr. I was suppose to going to post this for update. But Thank you so much. :)
alright - according to several news onlines, at&t will release BB Curve tomorrow. good luck !

BlackBerry Curve Moves AT&T Customers Ahead of the Curve - Forbes.com
UPDATE:
I just received link of info that the AT&T Curve 8300 will be launched on 5/31 and the pricing will be:

ATLANTA, GEORGIA and WATERLOO, ONTARIO-- AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced the introduction of the BlackBerry(R) Curve(TM), the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry handset. AT&T will be the first wireless carrier in North America to offer the BlackBerry Curve in wireless retail and business channels beginning tomorrow, Thursday, May 31.

Pricing and Availability

The BlackBerry Curve will be available for as low as $199.99 with a two-year contract and mail-in rebate beginning May 31 in AT&T (formerly Cingular Wireless) retail stores, online at www.cingular.com, through select national retailers and various AT&T business channels. Customers who want personal e-mail access and Web browsing with BlackBerry Internet Service can choose the BlackBerry Personal Unlimited plan for as low as $29.99 a month with a qualified voice contract. Unlimited corporate e-mail access via BlackBerry Enterprise Server is as low as $44.99 a month when a qualified voice plan is also chosen or when customers who travel overseas can have unlimited e-mail access internationally for as low as $64.99 a month with a qualified voice plan. Unlimited Cingular Push to Talk service is available for an additional monthly charge of $9.99 per device and $19.99 for Push to Talk Family. AT&T Push to Talk also features a pay-per-use option of $.15 a minute. TeleNav GPS Navigator monthly service is available for $5.99 for 10 trips or $9.99 for unlimited trips. As features within AT&T Music, XM Satellite Radio and MusicID require monthly subscription fees of $8.99 and $3.99, respectively.

http://www.rim.net/news/press/2007/pr-30_05_2007-01.shtml

No Commitment - $449.99
One-Year Contract without $100 rebate - 374.99
One-Year Contract with $100 rebate - $274.99
Two-Year Contract without $100 rebate - $299.99
Best Price (two-year unlimited + $39.99 voice) - $199.99

Good luck!

So that's a voice plan PLUS $29.99 for Unlimited. That's at least $40 a month.

I did unlock at&t CURVE(8300)!

img00017so7.jpg

img640x588vh3.jpg

I just purchased this from at&t curve. they cost me, $484.-- total. that is it. :P

img6401kb7.jpg

imgunlockedattcurvefortfm0.jpg

imgunlockedattcurvefortbz6.jpg

I ordered unlock code online: GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do, thats how I got it and put it on and unlocked curve for t-mobile server/data.

Unforunately, I can't receive email access thru tmobile nor internet browser. that is frustrate me! If I can't solve the curve's clue. I would return it to att store where I purchased to get my REFUND $$$. Or I selling unlock blackberry curve on ebay.. who know!

actualsizeps4.jpg

I resize picture, this exact actual size like real-live curve size.

I will update this post.

That's because T-Mobile's BIS/BES servers for blackberry access aren't configured for the 8300. You're out of luck, buddy. Either stick with AT&T or return the phone.

Back