RIM Officially Announced BlackBerry Curve!

It's official! I now have it charging in my family room! :applause:

WOohooo!!!!! congrats.... you will not put it down for a minute lol.. trust me I've been there. lol ... have fun with it.... smile... which one did you get?? 8300 or 8310 or 8320???

Reba, HI?! I comes here to answer your questions, yes ofc! all blackberries do have the default various fonts size, fonts family, and fonts style like PC does. BB is unlike Sidekick. My previous 8700 had fonts size 7 to 14 as same curve does,also. smile..

hope solve this issue.

enjoy stay in forums. :)

question regarding WIFI?? my g/f told me that is it easily to hack bb that's with wifi??? how to prevent that happening any suggestions??? is it worth to have WIFI on bb?? please advise and thanks... smile...

Btw, Reba, did you have a chance to actually handle the Curve before deciding to get it? The qwerty keyboard is the smallest one yet in the BB line-up. Since I have always used just one or two fingers to type, I am definitely having to continue doing so with the Curve.

I am sure you have a 14 day Buyer's Remorse going on now....in case.

WOohooo!!!!! congrats.... you will not put it down for a minute lol.. trust me I've been there. lol ... have fun with it.... smile... which one did you get?? 8300 or 8310 or 8320???
Thanks. :) 8300

Btw, Reba, did you have a chance to actually handle the Curve before deciding to get it? The qwerty keyboard is the smallest one yet in the BB line-up. Since I have always used just one or two fingers to type, I am definitely having to continue doing so with the Curve.

I didn't get to try one but the keyboard is much better than the one on my Motorola phone (non-QWERTY). I can handle it OK. I didn't expect to be able to position my hands on it like a typewriter, ha, ha. I like the Curve because it's still relatively small for easy carrying.

To Reba

I think I mentioned before that Suncom.com keeps changing their available phones every day (sometimes several times a day). A few weeks ago, they had the Curve on their site. Then, poof, it was gone. Also, none of the local stores had any more Curves. Well, every day, several times a day, I click on their website to check on the phones available. The number keeps changing. Well, last night, after midnight, I checked again. Wow! The Curve was back! So I quickly did an online order for it. It's supposed to get to my house in a couple days.

I'm not going to celebrate yet. When I actually hold that baby in my hand, then I'll post my celebration. :P
about time! You must be excited that your order it. BOLD: You make me laughing.. thats sense of humor! ;)

It's official! I now have it charging in my family room! :applause:
Whoa, you just ordered it yesterday. Now your package arrived at your home like 24 hoursless!

Thanks. :) 8300
8300 is GREAT QUALITY!

I didn't get to try one but the keyboard is much better than the one on my Motorola phone (non-QWERTY). I can handle it OK. I didn't expect to be able to position my hands on it like a typewriter, ha, ha. I like the Curve because it's still relatively small for easy carrying.
I am glad that you are happy with it and even comforts with curve's keyboards. :thumb:

You have to adjust your between hands and device till hands getta comfort and used to it in few weeks. trust me..

Last thing, I courage you to get rubber skin for your curve. ;)

question regarding WIFI?? my g/f told me that is it easily to hack bb that's with wifi??? how to prevent that happening any suggestions??? is it worth to have WIFI on bb?? please advise and thanks... smile...
No, none of true.. My point is that MDA/ T-Mobile wing users never complaints about someone hacked their little device, MDA/ T-Mobile wing enable wifi also.. There is impossbile for someone can hack the little device w/ wifi. :)

Why?

Tousi, I always wondering why everyday people say, "curve's keyboard is small ones"..blah..blah. what about Pearl?? they never have to mention about 8100/ pearl's suretype is worst case than curve's keyboards. I am anti-suretype phones.

Treo, BlackJack, Moto Q, and Dash's QWERTY keyboard are most worst nightmare case than curve. They are the very small ones and no space unlike curve's keyboard. if you don't believe me. thats fine. My advice that you walk in cellphone to compare different qwerty phones with your curve. If I bought the qwerty blackjack, would ended up to buy remorse and get refund my $$ for certain.

They clone from blackberry's style and keyboard. they tried to get the rid of blackberry off from the market, but they are fail.. RIM Curve is still superior to them.

Is there any way to change the picture on the home screen background? That clouds and highway scene is creepy to me. It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.

I'm getting used to the keyboard; it's sooooo much faster! :P

The next thing I have to do is set up my calendar for daily/hourly job assignments. That will be very useful to me.

No, none of true.. My point is that MDA/ T-Mobile wing users never complaints about someone hacked their little device, MDA/ T-Mobile wing enable wifi also.. There is impossbile for someone can hack the little device w/ wifi. :)

Why?

Tousi, I always wondering why everyday people say, "curve's keyboard is small ones"..blah..blah. what about Pearl?? they never have to mention about 8100/ pearl's suretype is worst case than curve's keyboards. I am anti-suretype phones.

Treo, BlackJack, Moto Q, and Dash's QWERTY keyboard are most worst nightmare case than curve. They are the very small ones and no space unlike curve's keyboard. if you don't believe me. thats fine. My advice that you walk in cellphone to compare different qwerty phones with your curve. If I bought the qwerty blackjack, would ended up to buy remorse and get refund my $$ for certain.

They clone from blackberry's style and keyboard. they tried to get the rid of blackberry off from the market, but they are fail.. RIM Curve is still superior to them.

I was just talking to Reba in a general sense. I got my Curve 2 weeks before she did! So there! Lol!!

Reba, the 8300? Mine's the 8320 from T-Mobile. What's the difference? Provider versions?

Is there any way to change the picture on the home screen background? That clouds and highway scene is creepy to me. It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.

I'm getting used to the keyboard; it's sooooo much faster! :P

The next thing I have to do is set up my calendar for daily/hourly job assignments. That will be very useful to me.
Reba, Really? you already beat me on keyboard soo much fast? whats is your wph on curve keyboard? :giggle: ((Heh)).. So I am glad that you can handle it and getta used to curve's keyboard.. :)

Anyway I am more than being glad to help! :)

Go to Media on homescreen> Picture> Preloaded picture or My Pictures which one you choice. Whatever picture you choice and Menu> Set As Home Screen Image> click. that is it. go back to see homescreen. happy and enjoy with it. ;)

I :fingersx: this help!?

I was just talking to Reba in a general sense. I got my Curve 2 weeks before she did! So there! Lol!!

Reba, the 8300? Mine's the 8320 from T-Mobile. What's the difference? Provider versions?
Tousi, Ooops!, I was not intend to interfere between you and reba's converstions. You directly talk to reba, a'ight! I respect that. :)

Tousi, Ooops!, I was not intend to interfere between you and reba's converstions. You directly talk to reba, a'ight! I respect that. :)

No, no, that's alright for you to join us; I was just teasing you. Thanks for all your help....

Reba, Really? you already beat me on keyboard soo much fast? whats is your wph on curve keyboard? :giggle: ((Heh)).. So I am glad that you can handle it and getta used to curve's keyboard.. :)

Anyway I am more than being glad to help! :)

Go to Media on homescreen> Picture> Preloaded picture or My Pictures which one you choice. Whatever picture you choice and Menu> Set As Home Screen Image> click. that is it. go back to see homescreen. happy and enjoy with it. ;)

I :fingersx: this help!?
Yes, that helped much. :) I still had to figure out how to get my personal photo of the bridge saved as Home Screen Image but it worked! Pah! Thank you. :)

Man, I can type on anything QWERTY. I started out during the 60's on old manual typewriters. In the 70's, I used electric Flexowriters and IBM Selectric typewriters in the Navy. Then I moved up to Apple MacIntosh keyboards, punch card keyboards, and radio message keyboards (like the ancient TTY's). For a couple years, I was a typesetter for a small commercial newspaper.

It was funny. When I began using electronic typewriters (that were basic word processors) I would type a paragraph, and then had to sit back and wait for the machine to catch up with me. I would watch my words type on the paper while I waited a minute for it to catch up. Then I could type again.

I was always jamming up the keys on the manuals, and the little ball on IBM almost flew off, ha, ha. I was too fast for the equipment.

I haven't timed my wpm on the Curve yet. :lol:

No, no, that's alright for you to join us; I was just teasing you. Thanks for all your help....
Excuse me for a moment. :topic:

Hey, Tousi, are you safe from the wildfires? Do you know if any other ADers are in danger?

No problemo. We all help each other, right? :P

Excuse me for a moment. :topic:

Hey, Tousi, are you safe from the wildfires? Do you know if any other ADers are in danger?

Hi, Reba; yes we are safe from the wildfires; we don't know anyone who is in danger; California is really pretty vast....these fires are still going but will be contained within the next couple of days. Thanks, Reba, for asking.....

Hi, Reba; yes we are safe from the wildfires; we don't know anyone who is in danger; California is really pretty vast....these fires are still going but will be contained within the next couple of days. Thanks, Reba, for asking.....
Whew, I'm glad you're safe! :)

Yes, I know California is a vast state. I used to live in Lancaster and San Diego (San Carlos and Point Loma). I just wasn't sure to which areas the fires were moving.

Yes, that helped much. :) I still had to figure out how to get my personal photo of the bridge saved as Home Screen Image but it worked! Pah! Thank you. :)

I haven't timed my wpm on the Curve yet. :lol:
Reba, Wow, You must be the ex journal, don't you?

Ha ha I just tease with you about wpm. I am happy that you can handle it and enjoy with your curve, smile.. Glad that helpful for you.

If you need some help for your curve issue. Just hit me on PM or here.

By the way, Have you try on Jivetalk?? if so, what do you think of jivetalk? :)

Back