RIM Officially Announced BlackBerry Curve!

A friend told me and warned me not to get BB because Yahoo Email won't go thru to BB. I told her I would get it because I use another way to send Email such as from outlook/Indremail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc minus Yahoo. She gulped! So I am not sure exactly WHY Yahoo and BB won't 'cooperate'. I'll have to ask her to set up Gmail...maybe...
LT, Oh hearsy! Yes Yahoo email can directly on BB without problem.

If Yahoo and BB won't cooperated. then BB users would have Yahoo apps for blackberry period. but I am thank to RIM is affiliated with Yahoo for Offical BB Yahoo apps, Maps, etc.

XBGamer -
You are such a great help here! One other question -

Why in the stores are all the cell phones on display turned off?
There is no live menu, can't see anything lit up and this just doesn't
help me. Why are they turned off? Why are these sample phones not
connected to a 1-800 number to be live? All that I can do is pick up
the phones and hold them to feel the weight, texture, etc.
I don't even know if I can read the menu without glasses!
Assuming all the cell phones on display are locked down to the table,
why not turn the on for the serious customers?

LT, Oh hearsy! Yes Yahoo email can directly on BB without problem.

If Yahoo and BB won't cooperated. then BB users would have Yahoo apps for blackberry period. but I am thank to RIM is affiliated with Yahoo for Offical BB Yahoo apps, Maps, etc.

I have to agree with xbgmer about Yahoo and even MSN and aim emails I can get on my BB even though we Canadians only have Yahoo and BB preinstalled on our BB .. You gotta give it a try... Either way you can use BIS as well

XBGamer -
You are such a great help here! One other question -

Why in the stores are all the cell phones on display turned off?
There is no live menu, can't see anything lit up and this just doesn't
help me. Why are they turned off? Why are these sample phones not
connected to a 1-800 number to be live? All that I can do is pick up
the phones and hold them to feel the weight, texture, etc.
I don't even know if I can read the menu without glasses!
Assuming all the cell phones on display are locked down to the table,
why not turn the on for the serious customers?
SuziMaria, thank for compliments!

Suzy, You have good questions. I am not very expert infomation about why store have all smartphone/ handheld on display turned off. You know most store have policy for all smartphone/ handheld display on shelves without turn on function. why not asking them at store about that. they will answer your questions. don't hurt to ask. :) However you can ask them, can play with smartphone on internet live as demo. some do willingly, some don't. depend on stores..

I have to agree with xbgmer about Yahoo and even MSN and aim emails I can get on my BB even though we Canadians only have Yahoo and BB preinstalled on our BB .. You gotta give it a try... Either way you can use BIS as well
Canuc, Thanks for agreement. Ignore bb haters's comments. Because I am happy with BB Curve so far.

Plus Yahoo and RIM are so wonderful job on Yahoo, Google apps for BB. I can't wait RIM will upgrade AIM like Yahoo and Google 2.0 version. :)

Back