RIC advice?

MonaLisa1992

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Moxi Kiss, or any Unitron brands? Or RIC hearing aids in general. I'm on a trial with a pair and so far they seem good and I'm pretty sold on them, but it's my first set of digital hearing aids and I'd love to hear some input from other people. I'm getting custom molds made for whatever I get- the double domes weren't really my cup of tea. But I had no idea that they could put an earmold on a RIC... has anybody else had experience with that? What do they look like? I've usually had skeleton molds and that's what I'd like but I haven't had any experience with anything else besides the domes.

There are a few people that had the Unitron RIC aids but are now using BTE aids instead of RIC aids. Hopefully they'll be a long soon :)

My Widex are RICs, and at first, I had no idea what to expect. I actually like them. They're comfortable, give me better audio output and I haven't had issues. If you prefer the BTE though, you should always go with what you're comfortable with but I've been using RIC since last year and so far, so good.

Laura

I wear RIC. My friend has gotten customized moulds for her RIC and she says she likes them.
For me, I wear both RIC and the traditional BTE w/mould.
I wear my RIC when I am in loud noisy enviorment for a short period of time, I also wear them for when I'm using headphones. I like it because I hear actual wind and feel the breeze not the feedback of it.

My last set of hearing aids were RIC with a small earmold, it was a hard solid resin type ear mold and it was very comfortable, I didnt like the standard earmolds that filled your entire ear, the ric is small, comfortable and a lot cooler. you will never go back to a full sized earmold again.

I wear RIC. My friend has gotten customized moulds for her RIC and she says she likes them.
For me, I wear both RIC and the traditional BTE w/mould.
I wear my RIC when I am in loud noisy enviorment for a short period of time, I also wear them for when I'm using headphones. I like it because I hear actual wind and feel the breeze not the feedback of it.

So you have two sets of hearing aids? I'm confused lol. Is it possible to have a traditional skeleton Earmold on a RIC?

My Widex are RICs, and at first, I had no idea what to expect. I actually like them. They're comfortable, give me better audio output and I haven't had issues. If you prefer the BTE though, you should always go with what you're comfortable with but I've been using RIC since last year and so far, so good.

Laura

The RIC seems nice. I think it's the dome that's driving me crazy. Did you have problems with the hearing aid flipping over your ear? I feel like mine are too loose but I'm sure that can be adjusted. I really need to go in and ask him specifically what kind of molds and tubing im getting and what it will look like- I feel like he wasn't very clear with me when I had the impressions made and I hate that!

So you have two sets of hearing aids? I'm confused lol. Is it possible to have a traditional skeleton Earmold on a RIC?

I have 2 sets of HAs. It's a long complicated story.
I don't think it's possible for the RIC... but for the traditional BTE, yes. I have skeleton earmould on my BTE traditional one.

The RIC seems nice. I think it's the dome that's driving me crazy. Did you have problems with the hearing aid flipping over your ear? I feel like mine are too loose but I'm sure that can be adjusted. I really need to go in and ask him specifically what kind of molds and tubing im getting and what it will look like- I feel like he wasn't very clear with me when I had the impressions made and I hate that!

I haven't had those issues of it flipping around, no. They're comfortable. I actually like getting more of a breeze through my ears without so much being taken up by the ear mold. Tubing hasn't been a concern either. I guess it depends on the person that fits them for you.

I have the RIC also, and I have a earmold like Sono's. It can be hard on your ear sometimes, but I would much rather have a sore spot once in a while than have to deal with a flimsy dome. (The earmold IS fitted properly. It's just when I fall asleep with them that I get the sore spots.)

My last pair of hearing aids were Unitron Latitude Moxi 3Gs (RICs) with the domes. I'm sure they work great for some people, but they were not fitted right for my loss. I ended up with constant loud feedback, pain in my ears from the receivers, and NO useful amplification in my left ear (that one was turned all the way up). I have been wearing my new BTEs [see signature] since April (wow, its been that long?!) and I love them. I'm trying to switch to the UPs though, since I could use more amplification in my left ear.. my ears are weird that there's like a 20-30 dB difference across all frequencies between my ears. All in all, RICs could work for you, but it is completely individual. I would recommend trying several different kinds of HAs with a trial before you make a final decision.

Back