Rexton Bridge hearing aids

haven't heard much about the rextons, but as safari girl said, the phonak naida s ups i do have. your high frequency is about like mine, though mine is almost straight across the board, the naidas could be good for you. i'm hearing alot more... but not quite understanding it... but i was also unaided for over a year and have never really had great speech discrimination. all the sounds are new to me... i have realized i can listen to music now though... which is pretty cool :) you can have a music mode programed into the Naidias (the more expensive ones automatically switch to it when they detect music playing but no speech)

I would very much like to try the Naidas.

It's not that I *love* the Phonaks exactly - I mean, that's why I'm interested in searching around. They are good, but not fantastic. And the ones I have are about 5 or 6 years old now, so I'm interested in seeing if newer technology would be an improvement. But I'm not going to pay $5000 or in that neighborhood for only marginal improvement.

Do you have the type that automatically switch to the music program? Will they switch to it even if it is vocal music you're listening to? How do you like it?

U wanna know what's funny, I almost went for the Naidas and then I decided to stick with the brand I trust :)

It is interesting, isn't it? I gave the Oticons back today. When I put the Phonaks back in, I thought, "Oh, hey, I can't hear anything! I'm making a mistake not to order the Oticons!"

Then I turned up the volume, and they were fine.

I do get the sense that generally, the Oticons were louder, but the Phonaks are clearer. But that was not true under all circumstances; the Oticons definitely gave me more understanding while watching TV, and I heard more of the background music.

But in live situations, whether it was talking to people or listening to music, I liked the Phonaks better.

It was interesting to me that really it was not a clear-cut decision. If I had bought the Oticons, we probably could have messed around with the settings a bit more.

But - they would have cost $5700. For that much money, I wanted to hear a really clear, discernible improvement across the board, and I just didn't have that. It's not worth it to me to spend nearly $6000 just to hear the TV a bit better, but lose clarity with real live people.

Two times in different days, my audiologist forgot to adjust something on her computer for more programs. I mean my Naidas hearing aids. Wow, I didn't know that. It was a good thing that I asked her about some missing sounds, and she told me about the additional programs.

My hearing aid cost $2,400 each.

I think that it is finally that my audiologist was able to correct the problems right on her computer instead of manual tools by hands that delay our time. This modern technology saves us a lot of time like half time.

I think aid manufactures think their audiologist is expert in technology and tuning aids. Unfortunately in my experience that is seldom true. Audiologists and manufacturers would be better off if they would supply users with software or devices to program their own aids. Audiologist would save a lot of time and aggravation and users would not have to waste time getting adjustments. If the FDA did not classify hearing aids as medical devices, you would be adjusting your aids on your smart phone.

And funny how, even classified as medical devices, we still can't get them covered by insurance !! :lol:

Otherwise YES, my iPhone would be doing the work for me :)

Back