Resume Help!

C

coloravalanche

I need your advice about resume for job openings....

I made a resume about 3 years ago...still have copies left...however, I didn't add "McDonalds Resturant" on my resume - I worked there for only 1 to 3 months...it was last year...Is it really necessarily for me to add it on my resume? I could just inform the boss that I worked at Mcdonalds for short period of time...

Is it necessarily for me to create new resume? Do you have any new ideas of resume? For instance: I have old styles on my resume...I dont know if the resume styles have changed by now...does this make sense?

Thanks!

That will depend on what job you are looking for, if you are applying for something beside serving food or fast food then do not put that on your Resume. Also you said that you worked for short period which won't look good on your resume, they will think that you are not reliable person.

It would be more avisable to create a new resume' and creating one that will not only be informative of your work history, etc., but one that will allow a potential employer to consider you or at least have the desire to know more about you. ;)

By 'googling' resume', I'm sure you will see many various types of resume' and the different layouts/styles...although, all having the same general concept.

It might not do you much good to put down McDonalds unless you don't put in how long you worked there, since it'll raise questions...if you must or like to add McDonalds on your resume', do so without adding the length of time you've worked there. ;)

Good luck--:thumb:

~RR

Roadrunner said:
It would be more avisable to create a new resume' and creating one that will not only be informative of your work history, etc., but one that will allow a potential employer to consider you or at least have the desire to know more about you. ;)

By 'googling' resume', I'm sure you will see many various types of resume' and the different layouts/styles...although, all having the same general concept.

It might not do you much good to put down McDonalds unless you don't put in how long you worked there, since it'll raise questions...if you must or like to add McDonalds on your resume', do so without adding the length of time you've worked there. ;)

~RR

I recently check with googling resume...and got some ideas...Im going to make new resume..to make it look much better...;)

Yea, I agree with you about Mcdonalds...Ive worked with other jobs for long time...mcdonalds is the only one that i worked for short time...:lol: not plan to add it to my resume...

wildkevin1977 said:
That will depend on what job you are looking for, if you are applying for something beside serving food or fast food then do not put that on your Resume. Also you said that you worked for short period which won't look good on your resume, they will think that you are not reliable person.

good point! thank you! :D

Suggest you to go down to local employment center. Usually they would help you for free. That is what I am doing right now and now in process of looking for another job.

diehardbiker65 said:
Suggest you to go down to local employment center. Usually they would help you for free. That is what I am doing right now and now in process of looking for another job.

Actually, I will be meeting with PWI next week...they will be helping me with my resume..:D

Good luck finding a job!

i got resume assisatnce pdf file from ""Killer Consulting Resumes""

these are the contents

Consulting Resumes at a Glance
Overview
The Bottom Line
Firm’s Eye View
Cover Letters Covered
Anatomy of a Resume
Study Break
The Consultant’s Perspective
Preparing to Write
Basic Resume Don’ts and DosResumes Reviewed
Cover Letters Reviewed
Cover Letter and Resume Pairs
Getting Your Foot in the Door
Following Up
Interview Prep
Next Steps
Additional Resources

anybdy wish to have it.........gimme ye id

all the best guys :cheers:

yankees said:
i got resume assisatnce pdf file from ""Killer Consulting Resumes""

these are the contents

anybdy wish to have it.........gimme ye id

all the best guys :cheers:

I'm interested...could you send PM to me?:D

Hi Coloravanchle, Go with Classical resumes such as a Roman theme or something that is neat, very classical. They work very well in a business setting and will be sure to be noticed as they start to read the resume then you will be a winner in their eyes. Don't put down McDonald's on your resume. You want respectable past employment that speaks with authority and experice that you have built on from working in many places. You also have to consider how this job will affect future hiring prospects before you have another job, you know what I mean? Does your resume speak with authority and line up with past employment experience, if it doesn't then the employer and the human resource director will go huh ? and look at each other's eyes. That is how I am always able to get a job because I pick the jobs and choose very carefully as they will go on my resume for future hiring prospects.
Just my 2 cents. :) :thumb:

Roadrunner said:

~RR
:werd:

It's better to start fresh with a newer resume.

Back