Restaurant to Screaming Kids' Parents: We Won't Put Up With It

it's the parents

Have a close friend or relative watch the kids... if you know your kids will act up, don't bring them... easy fix lol

in my experience the problem is the parents. they are clueless about the fact that their "little darlings" are seen by the general pubic as "holy terrors" . parents in general can never see any bad in their own kids. even when their grown up offspring commits a murder the parent will say " he is so misunderstood"

Maybe they were the friendly, talkative types? Unless they were acting boorish. I don't see how people "talking loud" equate them as being "losers." I've come across people who talk quietly to loud. Unless they have an attitude at the line then I might reconsider. But talking "loud" doesn't make anybody a "loser."

Maybe they were the friendly, talkative types? Unless they were acting boorish. I don't see how people "talking loud" equate them as being "losers." I've come across people who talk quietly to loud. Unless they have an attitude at the line then I might reconsider. But talking "loud" doesn't make anybody a "loser."

These people were talking so loud with a bad attitude like they wanted everyone to hear what they say or intimidate people. My husband considers people like them losers.

There is no need for talking loud like that where other people around those people were unable to carry on their own conversations.

I admit my boys were loud because I can not hear them unless my husband was with us then they were quiet. I taped once at kindergarten graduation and I did not know my boys were soooo loud and other parents were so upset with me. Anyway fastforward to this day, we watched videoes of our kids' younger days. My boys were just alike so surprised how loud they were and they were laughed. I laughed cuz I can not help it for being not able to hear them and discipline them. Did my boys turned out to be rude and losers? No, they grew up and well manner young adults.

The Parents should be disciplined for failing to properly disciplining their children. Make the Parents sit in a corner.....in public.

Yiz

In case you missed it..I was referring to those grown ups as described in post #18

Not talkative or friendly people. Sometimes it is good to take the time to go back in the thread to see what we are talking about.

There are cases I have shushed to noisy people on the public transportation and a neighbour was incessantly revving his scooter so early in the AM, I just hollered to him to stop it.

Don't wait for other people to remind them of their manners, you have to do it sometimes. It is unfortunate babies had babies.. they don't realise they haven't taught manners.

Sometimes children misbehave because they are not taught otherwise and preparation is the key.

Whenever we went out when our children were young (and now to the 2 younger kids), my husband and I always instructed our children on what was expected of them in their behaviour. When we visited other people's houses or to a nice restaurant we told them before we went in that it is not a McDonalds' playground so they were to behave in a quiet and polite manner. We have always taught our children and continuing to teach our younger children to be considerate of other people. It is not a hard thing to do if it is done in advance before any misbehaviour happens.

If my DD misbehaves, I just simply get up and leave. When we get home, I make her stay in bed for the remainder of the day/night. I've only had to do this once. I am thinking now she's a bit afraid to act unruly knowing the outing can be cut short and it will not end in her favor.

while i agree there are the exceptions to every rule. kids will be kids but kids who yell in a restaurant and their parents giggle about it like its so cute, but with the exceptions growing up with a autistic sister we really didn't go out a lot unless it was a special event or what not but there where times when she was getting kinda tough to handle and before she would scream we left just because the environment its self when my other sister was born she was great to take places so quiet a good baby to take out.

I have two kids of my own. I agree with the owners. It's selfish to make other people have to tolerate screaming, especially for prolonged periods of time and kids need to learn that screaming in public places is not acceptable. My sons, being boys, started fighting in the restaurant when they were maybe 5 and 7. I immediately got up and paid my bill. We left that restaurant in three minutes flat. No yummy brunch as planned. My boys never acted up in a restaurant again.
On a related note: my pet peeve are parents who keep saying to their kids acting bratty in a restauarnt, "do that again and we're leaving" and they never leave!

I was just thinking that. There are some children with special needs who need to have that opportunity to practice being in public. Not to mention that parents need the break. How many babysitters do you know who are willing to babysit kids with special needs? Not many.

I'm happy you said that. My son has Autism and has had a meltdown (ok, more like 50 meltdowns) in public. It isn't worth interrupting everyone else's meal, but he does need practice, so I try to stick to more casual/fast food restaurants. Let others enjoy their upscale restaurants in peace like I prefer to on date night. And, thank God for family members who will babysit for those much needed nights away!! :wave:

Sara,
The restaurant merely posted this sign because they have noticed that parents do not always discipline children who were screaming.

In fact, I agree with the owners.

I would be ashamed as a parent if I was to let a kid of mine run around the restaurant amok screaming and the like.
I agree too.

There are times when I'm at restaurants and I have to put up with kids running around (especially those in 'heelies') without their parents doing anything. I'll go in the restroom and I see a couple boys playing with the hand-dryer or paper towel machine. I've seen kids nearly knock down the servers while food or drink is being served.

The same rule should apply to stores as well. If kids are running around and the parents don't do anything about it, then the stores should be able to kick the parents and kids out.

One time, I saw a kid pushing a cart while wearing heelies. He pushed the cart hard enough before getting on his heels and rolled down the aisle. Suddenly, he knocked down a bunch of boxes from a display. His father picked him up, and both continued on their way... without either of them even bothering to clean up the mess that the kid made! A few seconds later, an employee walked up and saw the mess. When I pointed at who it was, he looked at me and said... "Argh! Those heelies!"

I have two kids of my own. I agree with the owners. It's selfish to make other people have to tolerate screaming, especially for prolonged periods of time and kids need to learn that screaming in public places is not acceptable. My sons, being boys, started fighting in the restaurant when they were maybe 5 and 7. I immediately got up and paid my bill. We left that restaurant in three minutes flat. No yummy brunch as planned. My boys never acted up in a restaurant again.
On a related note: my pet peeve are parents who keep saying to their kids acting bratty in a restauarnt, "do that again and we're leaving" and they never leave!
We need to be considerate of those who are trying to have a romantic night alone.

Some parents pay a lot of money to have a babysitter come to take care of their kids while they go out alone for dinner (anniversary, birthday, etc.)... only to have their own night disrupted by little kids that other parents decided to bring. :roll:

When I use to take my kids out ( they are adults now) and if they act up, all I had to do was give them that look, they knew that they were getting their ass busted when we got home.

We need to be considerate of those who are trying to have a romantic night alone.

Some parents pay a lot of money to have a babysitter come to take care of their kids while they go out alone for dinner (anniversary, birthday, etc.)... only to have their own night disrupted by little kids that other parents decided to bring. :roll:

I wonder if a good solution would be if those couples who want a romantic dinner, dont go to places where they have kid friendly menus?

I wonder if a good solution would be if those couples who want a romantic dinner, dont go to places where they have kid friendly menus?

That's an interesting point. There's plenty of restaurants around here that are definitely pricey and adult menus (with wine or other liquor), no kid selections, etc.

That's an interesting point. There's plenty of restaurants around here that are definitely pricey and adult menus (with wine or other liquor), no kid selections, etc.

Yea, that was what I was thinking of. It depends on the couple if they can afford those prices.

Back