Rest in peace Maya Angelou

She certainly lived a full and productive life.

My heart aches knowing such a wonderful, loving, educated and peaceful woman died... She was truly an asset to this earth.

I would ask every man and every woman who’s had the blessing of having children, ‘Would you deny your son or your daughter the ecstasy of finding someone to love?’ ”

Ms. Angelou said she believed that society made gay relationships hard enough without the added burden of making marriage illegal.

“To love someone takes a lot of courage,” she said. “So how much more is one challenged when the love is of the same sex and the laws say, ‘I forbid you from loving this person’?”

~Maya Angelou

:( Oh! I think the world suffers a loss...I didn't know...makes me sad, but happy that she had such an amazing life and spirit. I remember the first time I read "...Caged Bird Sings" in high school. Wow....

My heart aches knowing such a wonderful, loving, educated and peaceful woman died... She was truly an asset to this earth.

I would ask every man and every woman who’s had the blessing of having children, ‘Would you deny your son or your daughter the ecstasy of finding someone to love?’ ”

Ms. Angelou said she believed that society made gay relationships hard enough without the added burden of making marriage illegal.

“To love someone takes a lot of courage,” she said. “So how much more is one challenged when the love is of the same sex and the laws say, ‘I forbid you from loving this person’?”

~Maya Angelou

I had to deal with a lot of racist comments when I dated A Black man in the
late 60's and 70's and our Rabi refuse to marry my sister and her husband who is Black. We where very lucky to have a mother that did not judge a person by the color of their skin. I thanks my mother for loving my daughter who is Black . I knew a woman that had her whole disown her for marrying a Black man. The parents never got to see their grandsons , how sad to not love your own grandchildren b/c they're Black. With all the hate in the world why do people want to keep two people from loving one another??? I was not going to let some racists tell me who I can love.

Rest In Peace, Maya Angelou. I am sad to know that she had a long illness and finally died of pain and suffering from her illness. Maya will be happy in her Spirit World. :(

Back