Resound Unite Remote Control

bazl0032

Reaction score
So, when I got my Resound Alera aid, I was excited to see the Unite accessories. I was most excited about the TV Streamer and the Remote control. The Remote is especially useful as it is the only way that I can change the volume on the hearing aid.

So, this weekend, I was getting battery indications on the remote, so I went to Radio Shack to change out the AAAA batteries (yes, that's 4 A's). Replaced them, and no power to the remote :thumbd:

I got a hold of my Audiologist today and apparently the manufacturer says that the only batteries that work with this remote are Energizers! Really, they engineered a system that only works with one manufacturer of battery?!? That's really bad! Anybody else have this experience with the Unite accessories?

I know nothing about the Unite accessories, but that sounds bizarre that the audi claims it will only work with Energizers. Is there a *particular* Energizer you have to have? Obviously the 4A, but anything else particular about it?

Do you have an owner's manual for the Unite? Does it say anything about the batteries?

Duracell makes AAAA batteries to and I know that Walmart here in Canada sells both brands of batteries.

Back