Research on Cochlear Implants

aburriss

Reaction score
Hello all my name is Amy. I am a ASL student doing research for Cochlear Implants and was trying to find a good topic regarding implants and I was wondering if I can get some feedback from the deaf community about what they think about them and if they would have their hearing children implanted with this device, if they had hearing children. Also, is it a threat to the deaf culture to have such technologies to help the deaf hear. I watched Sound and Fury and was very touched by the movie. Just needed some help chosing the best topic sentence on Cochlear Implants. Thanks and I look forward to a reply from anyone.

Er...this probably should go under Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants...

You will get lots of opinions on this issue. There are already some threads on this in several places that address all of this. You might want to check them out. Incidentally, that may give you topics as well.

To start this one, I have a CI and I love the thing. Gives me what I need to function very well in the hearing world. It doesn't cure my deafness but who cares as it works for me.

As a rule, I don't have a problem with children getting them. But I simply caution any parent to look at all the issues before making that decision.

I never understood why CI are a threat to deaf culture per se. For some with CIs, they still have trouble hearing voice communication and they still need a way to communicate reliably.

Back