Request Federal for donate weather alarm accessories?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
Sir ADers Member,

I seen that Civil Defense did not warning hearing impaired the only hearing people and they are not aware of helping with hearing impaired to get donate from Federal for weather alarm. In Hawaii doesn't have one Weather warning alarm accessories for Hawaii School for the Deaf and hearing impaired people's home too. Because it is unfair for hearing people are able to hear siren for tsunami and hurricane also terroristic warning by the siren with telephone pole and they did not have to pay for it. How about hearing impaired people can not hear siren alarm from telephone pole. How can we survive without it? I like to hear about it your feedback and reaction about this issue. So I could discuss with ADA about it and send message to Civil Defense and also meeting with legislature about it too. Because I visited my nephew who is also hearing impaired at my old school at Illinois School for the Deaf they already had installed weather warning alarm blue light strobe and the other red light strobe is for fire. I seen there have no installed weather warning alarm with blue light strobe in Hawaii School for the Deaf. Is that they could be file lawsuit against federal or state for not installing them yet. But we will start to have meeting about it but I have not hear anything from them yet. What will I do about it and informing to ADA office about this situation? What will I say about it on that plan to talk with ADA first or Civil Defense first or Legislature first which one? Look at http://www.upspiral.com/index.php?tpid=10105&tspid=10217&ttid=100&st=http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/nwr or http://usatoday.com/weather/news/2001/2001-06-19-wxwarnings.htm for more info.about weather warning accessories. We need your advocate about this issue. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited:
Have you noticed about weather warning strobe lights and information posted?

I have not see any of these like that posted for deaf clients,students,or deaf club too. What a shame? I feel eerie about thost that. Because siren alarm for weather real louder only for hurricane,tsunami,terroristic,and nuclear but what about hearing impaired? How can I get it flyer to posted it on school,DVR,Deaf Club,and mailing to deaf residences too? I need to do that in case when it happen and there is no body warned us yet??? Do you have any idea about it? :confused:

I know that there are some pagers that are linked with the alarm systems. When the alarm rings and flashes, the pager also vibrates the warning. It is used mostly for fire alarms but it seems it could be modified for weather alarms, too.

Oh I see and what about sleeping while it is on alarm weather warning?

Thanks for feedback and hope will work out successful someday.

Reba said:
I know that there are some pagers that are linked with the alarm systems. When the alarm rings and flashes, the pager also vibrates the warning. It is used mostly for fire alarms but it seems it could be modified for weather alarms, too.

Oh I see and what about sleeping while it is on alarm weather warning?
The pager system could be attached to a "bed shaker" vibrating alarm.

Back