replace timing belt on my 94 geo tracker

Milwaukee

Reaction score
Well I could have done in 2 hours instead 3 1/2 hours. By not try remove crankshaft bolt

It really so easy to do. Glad I change that timing belt because they were rot crack from age. After that it seem sightly quiet and smooth at high rpm.

Have anyone replace timing belt before?

What I learn Don't get China timing belt it snap when start engine then I went to store get Italy timing belt it held now. Drove 50 miles no problem.

I am glad that I didn't bring to shop they want $300 to do that.

I got mine replaced I think last year....my hubby did it himself...cheaper than send it to the shop! Just replaced brake system (rotor, clippers and pads) before inspections next month ugh! But at least they are done for now. :)

These Jeep 4.0L does not have timing belt, they have timing chain, never replace it. Not sure what you mean by last year.

Oh now I remember, that is just fan belt, not timing belt, big difference.

I got mine replaced I think last year....my hubby did it himself...cheaper than send it to the shop! Just replaced brake system (rotor, clippers and pads) before inspections next month ugh! But at least they are done for now. :)

change rear shocker. Wow it is original shock for 98,000 miles and they are so worn out that they don't act like absorb it more empty that you could close and open easy with your hand.

ride was HUGE improve it feel like I am ride in Lincoln Mark LT.

These Jeep 4.0L does not have timing belt, they have timing chain, never replace it. Not sure what you mean by last year.

:giggle: You're a funny couple!

change rear shocker. Wow it is original shock for 98,000 miles and they are so worn out that they don't act like absorb it more empty that you could close and open easy with your hand.

ride was HUGE improve it feel like I am ride in Lincoln Mark LT.

My Subaru still have original shock for 130,000 miles and still smooth. Thanks to boxer engine.

My Subaru still have original shock for 130,000 miles and still smooth. Thanks to boxer engine.

that true why you don't have bad road plus my geo is 15 years old and live on gravel for few years that how it rot and seal dry from sit for long times.

I upgrade to 91 Ford Victoria rear shock that how it show huge difference it more firmer not bounce like Uncle Buck's grand Marquis.

Ohhh fan belt, oh got it! I do not know much of car stuff! :lol:

that true why you don't have bad road plus my geo is 15 years old and live on gravel for few years that how it rot and seal dry from sit for long times.

I upgrade to 91 Ford Victoria rear shock that how it show huge difference it more firmer not bounce like Uncle Buck's grand Marquis.

Well..I alway drove on off-road, rally, and drift a lot time. ;) Just replaced the new brake pads, rotors, tires, and bearing wheel twice.

Back