Votes: 48 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we already have Marriage, Love Forum and Penisiaum, why should gays have special treatment.

why not have African American forum since you guys are so political correct.

I already responded to your OTHER post where you pretty much say the same thing... but I'll add this:

If there are African-Americans out there that would like to see a forum created for them here, I say lobby for it!

And for the record, I'm getting SICK of people like you equating "equal treatment" with "special treatment". Stop being such a bully.

I already responded to your OTHER post where you pretty much say the same thing... but I'll add this:

If there are African-Americans out there that would like to see a forum created for them here, I say lobby for it!

And for the record, I'm getting SICK of people like you equating "equal treatment" with "special treatment". Stop being such a bully.

I saw white people complaining about... how come we got BET and
Ebony magazine and JET, and Miss Black America. :afro:

Well?

I think Vamp ask that question... I don't know... or maybe Steel X
I don't remember who ask that...

But anyway... also, in Tennessee, BET was blocked by DirectTV,
they told me I have to pay for that channel... and MTV is free...
I don't understand.

That isn't fair. We Black people are being treated unfair.

Well?

I don't understand.

If I want MTV, I have to pay for it.

I guess I'm not the only one who get tired of Deafilmedia... Btw "Miss P" don't turn ur volume too high or you'll get evicted by landlord... Oh wait it did happened to you before :io:

Well?

I don't understand.

A) THIS white person (meaning me) does not complain about BET, Ebony, JET, Miss Black America, etc. I'm all for freedom of press, freedom of expression, and for ANY culture/sub-culture having the right to publish magazines, etc. that cater to members (and friends) of their culture.

B) Re: BET being a pay channel where you live... I feel your pain. If I want LOGO (a gay network), I have to pay extra, too.

And you're right, it ISN'T fair. But one injustice doesn't justify another. Rather than say "gays don't deserve special treatment, especially because black people are being treated unfairly", why don't you speak up for yourself and your community the way we are? I suppose it's your choice, if you choose not to... but why try to keep US down, when we're making the effort?

Your logic escapes me.

A) THIS white person (meaning me) does not complain about BET, Ebony, JET, Miss Black America, etc. I'm all for freedom of press, freedom of expression, and for ANY culture/sub-culture having the right to publish magazines, etc. that cater to members (and friends) of their culture.

B) Re: BET being a pay channel where you live... I feel your pain. If I want LOGO (a gay network), I have to pay extra, too.

And you're right, it ISN'T fair. But one injustice doesn't justify another. Rather than say "gays don't deserve special treatment, especially because black people are being treated unfairly", why don't you speak up for yourself and your community the way we are? I suppose it's your choice, if you choose not to... but why try to keep US down, when we're making the effort?

Your logic escapes me.

:rofl: :rofl: true! I already add Deafilmedia aka Miss P to my ignore list so I don't have to worry about her hehe! :giggle:

Where is the mop?

Oh.. Wrong closet... Nevermind.
Yeah! That's a good idea!

With all the complaints we have going on right now, we might as well change the purpose of "The Closet" to a place where people can talk about cleaning supplies and how they clean their homes, cars, etc. ;)

It would be a janitor's dream forum! ;)

Where is Vampy?

Checked out the closet then forgot it.

Yeah! That's a good idea!

With all the complaints we have going on right now, we might as well change the purpose of "The Closet" to a place where people can talk about cleaning supplies and how they clean their homes, cars, etc. ;)

It would be a janitor's dream forum! ;)

::sigh::

VamPyroX, it's obvious that the whole situation is (and has been) a joke to you... but consider, for just a moment, that it's NOT a joke to some people here. Maybe you don't understand why... maybe you think the whole thing is silly... I don't claim to know what's going on inside your head, I can only go by the things that you post. But AT BEST, ridiculing the idea of changing the name by joking about it is insensitive - especially when many people here will see you as being in a position of authority and influence, since you're a Moderator. (i.e., "Why should we take the idea seriously when the freakin' MODS are cracking jokes about it?")

You're more than entitled to your own opinion, as is everyone here. And... perhaps I don't understand the nuances of being a Mod here, since all sites/forums are different (I've been one, myself)... but isn't there also a responsibility of inherent neutrality, as well? Or, at the very least, isn't there a responsibility of treating members here with respect?

In the "Respect in this Forum" post, LinuxGold said:

"The creation of this forum is to edify the social acceptance of their difference. Please do not participate if you intend to attack or to offend instead of to encourage or to edify others. It will be greatly appreciated if anybody who deeply disagree with this forum not to participate and to focus into other forum in which they are most comfortable with."

I find the suggestion of turning "The Closet" into a forum where "people can talk about cleaning supplies and how they clean their homes, cars, etc" since there's been so much complaining here to be neither encouraging nor edifying (uplifting).

If your response to me (assuming there is one, since you seldom ever respond to me directly) is "it was just a joke", save your breath. I didn't find the joke very funny.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? From your perspective, very likely. However, I'm addressing what I perceive as a flippant attitude, which I see as symptomatic of a larger problem.

Yeah me too! What took it so long? The mods said it will be several weeks. It been months now. What's up with that?

To change the name of "The Closet".

Ohh so the decision was already made?, I'm sorry I haven't been in here for awhile, so Im sort of behind this news..

Whats wrong with the name of " The Closet " ? I've been a member here longer I haven't seen anyone complain until now, so I'm sort of confused...

Yeah me too! What took it so long? The mods said it will be several weeks. It been months now. What's up with that?

I didn't realize it's been that long. I guess the mods are quibbling about it in the private forums of their own. :giggle:

I know that I am new to this forum.....

I voted YES change the title THE CLOSET. I think it's negitive. Some of them are not in THE CLOSET and why should they be?

And I think GLBT Lounge or GLBT Community would be better.

Ohh so the decision was already made?, I'm sorry I haven't been in here for awhile, so Im sort of behind this news..

Whats wrong with the name of " The Closet " ? I've been a member here longer I haven't seen anyone complain until now, so I'm sort of confused...

Please read the previous pages of this thread and http://www.alldeaf.com/closet/41611-closet-poll.html
The answers are right there.

Please read the previous pages of this thread and http://www.alldeaf.com/closet/41611-closet-poll.html
The answers are right there.

As matter of fact I did read that thread, and yet I did not see Alex making such a decision about changing the name in that forum until you brought it up to his attention and even listing the names on your own without thinking or discussing this along with other members here, that's how I saw it and I also agree with Vampy's post as well too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back