Removal of Ten Commandments?

Should the Ten Commandments be removed from the judicial building in Alabama?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Dunno

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
If they remove Ten Commandments successfully, what's next?

Remove "In God We Trust" from every coin in USA!

Lasza said:
If they remove Ten Commandments successfully, what's next?

Remove "In God We Trust" from every coin in USA!

If enough people get fired up about it, it could happen and they'll have a strong case.

btw, the 10 commandments rock was wheeled out of the courthouse yesterday and put in a closed-to-the-public windowless room. Feel free to join Dale in mourning its demise.

Bush_in_2004! said:
If enough people get fired up about it, it could happen and they'll have a strong case.

btw, the 10 commandments rock was wheeled out of the courthouse yesterday and put in a closed-to-the-public windowless room. Feel free to join Dale in mourning its demise.
Yep, that could be next. The same goes with the dollar bills as well.

I think it is pretty egoistic of us to think that we have to keep the Ten Commandments in our government buildings because it is something to do with our moral standards. It comes from our religious beliefs, and it is obvious not everyone share the same religious beliefs. There are so many religious groups in America, so the Ten Commandments applies only to the Christian religion. What about the other religions? I think by voting no to get rid of them is such an arrogant move, because it is like saying that you dont validate nor recognise the other religious groups in America. Keep God and the government separate.

kuifje75 said:
I think it is pretty egoistic of us to think that we have to keep the Ten Commandments in our government buildings because it is something to do with our moral standards. It comes from our religious beliefs, and it is obvious not everyone share the same religious beliefs. There are so many religious groups in America, so the Ten Commandments applies only to the Christian religion. What about the other religions? I think by voting no to get rid of them is such an arrogant move, because it is like saying that you dont validate nor recognise the other religious groups in America. Keep God and the government separate.
We are like a solider in morality sense. We are fighting the bloody war, in spirituality and morality sense, to either corrupt or to protect the morality as it is today. Our fierce belief plus the demoracy nation that we are in, it will be an eternal battle. Saying people to respect others is like saying them to down their arms.

The men (yes, only men) who drafted the original Constitution and set up the original government were very cautious about the need for separation of Church and State. They knew what could happen if this separation was not strictly adhered to. We are founded on the principles that all people are equal, all people, allllllll people! That includes Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, agnostics, Quakers, Catholics, Baptists, etc, etc, etc.... Having a statue which is strictly based on Christianity in a public place, no less a court of law, goes against these very principles. We are all entitled to worship/or not, as we please, but we do not have the right to impose our beliefs on any other individual. Our Civil Rights are essential to a healthy country where all people are respected. Someone brought up the In God We Trust. Yes, that could become an issue, although to me it isn't as offensive because it doesn't imply a Christian God. But just based on the principle alone, it probably shouldn't be there. Sorry, I believe in a Higher Power, but I also stand by our Freedoms and definitely Separation of Church and State.

VamPyroX said:
There is a statue of the ten commandments in the judicial building in Alabama.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/22/ten.commandments/index.html

I would like to hear your opinions on that. Should they leave it or remove it? Why?

I dunno...I'm not for or against religion either...can't really have a say on this.
Just about everything is too politically-correct...too much of it. I just don't understand why people make a big deal out of this and other trivial things? :roll:

WaterRats13 said:
I dunno...I'm not for or against religion either...can't really have a say on this.
Just about everything is too politically-correct...too much of it. I just don't understand why people make a big deal out of this and other trivial things? :roll:

its not trivia. judges are supposed to enforce the law, not disobey the law.

it's so sad to see them remove the 10 commandments... oh wella.. yeah it's seperated between religion and federal...But if you read those 10 commandments carefully.. you will notice 8 of those commandments are related to U.S. law.. for example "thou shal not kill", "thou shal not steal" etc.. i know not all of them are similar to U.S. law..

as for "in god we trust" i believe that's the next case... and it would cost billions of dollars to change a new design over again, remove "in god we trust" from dollar bills, coins, federal bulidings, courthouse, etc etc, cuz those words are everywhere in federal or state buildings.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
it's so sad to see them remove the 10 commandments... oh wella.. yeah it's seperated between religion and federal...But if you read those 10 commandments carefully.. you will notice 8 of those commandments are related to U.S. law.. for example "thou shal not kill", "thou shal not steal" etc.. i know not all of them are similar to U.S. law..

as for "in god we trust" i believe that's the next case... and it would cost billions of dollars to change a new design over again, remove "in god we trust" from dollar bills, coins, federal bulidings, courthouse, etc etc, cuz those words are everywhere in federal or state buildings.

I think there are cheaper ways . . . just phase out the old coins as new ones are made. As for federal buildings, its easy . . . just swap the "G" and "D" so it reads "In DOG we trust." :smash:

Bush_in_2004! said:
I think there are cheaper ways . . . just phase out the old coins as new ones are made. As for federal buildings, its easy . . . just swap the "G" and "D" so it reads "In DOG we trust." :smash:
:lol: in dog we trust.. that's funny, never know people will do those next.. complain about those words..

I remmy reading one of the memorial buliding.. in washington d.c. i think from abe lincion or thomas jefferson's memorial buliding was talking about God.. in their famous speech...

I'm starting to wondering.. Why president talks about god in their speech even religion and federal is seperated? even clinton, bush talk about it..
i'm wondering...

DeafSCUBA98 said:
:lol: in dog we trust.. that's funny, never know people will do those next.. complain about those words..

I remmy reading one of the memorial buliding.. in washington d.c. i think from abe lincion or thomas jefferson's memorial buliding was talking about God.. in their famous speech...

I'm starting to wondering.. Why president talks about god in their speech even religion and federal is seperated? even clinton, bush talk about it..
i'm wondering...

Supposedly a Muslim got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Jew got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Jehovah's Witness got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Mormon got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Buddhist got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Wiccan got voted into the office?
Supposedly an Agnostic got voted into the office?
Supposedly an Atheist got voted into the office?

All of their religions have different ideas of what Gods are like. They even have different names for Gods!

Except for the Agnostic and the Atheist.

An Agnostic is questioning or have doubts the possibility of God's existence.

He has no beliefs in a superior being which is a bit of a problem.

Yeah, now I've got you thinking.

P.S., Thanks to Boult for additional terms!

Last edited:
Banjo said:
Supposedly a Muslim got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Jew got voted into the office?
Supposedly a Mormon got voted into the office?
Supposedly an Atheist got voted into the office?

Yeah, now I've got you thinking.

heh, you forgot Agnostic!

Scuba sez: "in dog we trust.. that's funny, never know people will do those next.. complain about those words.."

yes, that's right. I can hear the CAT people now . . .

Hey, maybe there are reasons that they removed 10 commandments temporary to upgrade or add one more which it is "Thou shalt accept gay/lesbian in the earth" so that why it is going to be 11 commandents. :rofl: :thumb:

Banjo said:

Hi Banjo,

For your information, the Jehovah's Witness prohibits their members to take part in political offices. In addition, they are also prohibited to work in any level of government because the Jehovah's Witness believes all the governments are corrupts.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

something what I found that pix from one of atheist websites. I like that!

Attachments

• pixieman.bmp
    74.7 KB · Views: 19
As Alabaman, I think it should be there in courthouse because it been there for long time. I not know why they want to remove it and I have asked my gal about it and in my understanding, I still think it should to be there anyway. I am not want it to be in church and prefer in courthouse. me :dunno: oh well........

Back