Remember

Fabian

Reaction score
Remember when you were asked for the trillion time," Can you hear me well?", and then you replied to that person " No I can't, but can you fly?".
Remember that day when you were asked by a friends for the third time in a day " Can you listen to music?", and the you replied to them " No I can't, but can you really be my friend?".
Remember everynight when you close your eyes and your dreams asked you
"Can you hear while you dream"?, and then you replied " No I can't but can you become reality"?, or how about that day when you were asked " Can you follow the sound of the air?" and then you smiling replied " No I can, but can you follow what your heart is telling you to do?", not matter who we are, how we were born, or the answer to this questions, or what have we accomplished, we do not succed at some skills yet we also know that even with our lack or not hearing at all, we know very well that other people also lack of skills. In other words, what makes you what you are is what make others what they are not.
By Fabian

so u're totally deaf? your eardrums're dead? no blasting loud sound'd vibrate your eardrums?
my friends asked me this all of time too. i can hear loud blasting music, i can hear police siren blasting loud, i can hear firetruck screaming its' siren as it pass by me, i can hear someone screaming at me, right close to my ears, few inches away. but im still deaf, i grew up in a deaf school (SJW ;)) i love rave bec rave blasts its' music loudly i can feel/hear it. if u can hear with hearing aids, then surely u can hear something loudly without hearing aids. or are your eardrums fuct, no hairs on your eardrums to vibrate the sound?
that's probably why your friends asked u, some (i mean very few of 'em) might have met deaf beings before u who could hear, or they have heard stories of deaf beings who could hear loud sounds (which the story's true, im a proof of it).

edit:
i know your topic's bout u being asked if u can hear even a tiny quiet sound, im just saying this that might have something to do with your experience of people asking u if u can hear something (that might inpsired u to write this topic, which is great btw, well done ;)).

Thanks for the comment, well what really inspired me is the many way Deaf people are asked the same questions when the asnwer is the same however even the person that ask the question still lack something.

yea the "lack of something" is the lack of understanding a deaf being's predictment, right? it's like trying to understand ant's way of life which is impossible unless u live as an ant. i understand ya.

Potman said:
yea the "lack of something" is the lack of understanding a deaf being's predictment, right? it's like trying to understand ant's way of life which is impossible unless u live as an ant. i understand ya.
Yeah basically.

Back