Release Sidekick 2

Dennis said:
No one is providing prices yet. Beware of "reserving" your Sidekick unless SOMEHOW there's no obligation to buy from them once it's available. You don't want to reserve and be stuck in a contract where they say you have to pay $499.99 because you reserved with a promise to buy.

Save a printout of the page on "younevercall.com" that says "No Obligation to Buy. Discount if you do!" if you reserve through them. If you don't, it may come back to bite you in the butt later.

Edit: Samm27, what the heck, you run that website? Advertising isn't permitted on here.

Nope, that website is not official danger site. I have been following Danger and its official forum at hiptop.com. The MSRP is $299.00 with no contract. It will be coming out in 2-3 weeks.

Lasza said:
:repost: another one under Technologies for the Deaf

FutureGame2100,
Avoiding any repost futher, U should check it out in Search section (above). Then typing any word or name before u see any thread related to that one or not.
Yeah, I know.

Danger said SK2 has been out since Aug. 4?? I still haven't seen anyone using it.

I might check into that while I am here in Arizona.

Deaf258 said:
Danger said SK2 has been out since Aug. 4?? I still haven't seen anyone using it.

I might check into that while I am here in Arizona.
Really? I didn't even know it was out. A bunch of SVP students arrived last week and I didn't see one on any of them either. Either the release date is wrong, people haven't bought it, or it sucks. :dunno:

VamPyroX said:
Really? I didn't even know it was out. A bunch of SVP students arrived last week and I didn't see one on any of them either. Either the release date is wrong, people haven't bought it, or it sucks. :dunno:
Look at www.toblie.com, it do tell you about sidekick 2 and i don't know if they will tell you when it will out..

CoolieFroggie said:

You have to search for any information about the "sidekick 2" and their only statement is:

"Sidekick II -- Coming soon

Hold tight, this ultimate communication device will be available later this fall. Get it first -- check back later this month for the opportunity to buy the Sidekick II as soon as it's available!"

It won't be available until later -- seems like you can start pre-ordering later this month, or if not August, then September or laaaaaaaater.

I recently purchased color sidekick at Tmobile store today for $149.99 plus tax. I was told they are in process of phasing color SK out because the new SK2 will be available on the end of this month. I have a written paper to prove it if you doubt my word.

Also, check www.tmobile.com and it mentions that SK II will come soon.

How is the trade in thing going to work? Where you trade your old side kick for the new one?

The new one will be a good stepping stone toward keeping you
posted in emergency events.

Stepping stones always gonna be with toll gates. Pay thy fare to cross the bridge to the next stepping stone.

Richard

Oddball said:
I recently purchased color sidekick at Tmobile store today for $149.99 plus tax. I was told they are in process of phasing color SK out because the new SK2 will be available on the end of this month. I have a written paper to prove it if you doubt my word.

Also, check www.tmobile.com and it mentions that SK II will come soon.

Ouch! Color Sidekicks are still available online for prices of $39.95, $69.00, and less than $99.00! $149 + tax is a rip off!

I got tmail from T-Mobile about SK II

It said :

"Dear Sidekick user,

WOW - we've experienced EXCEPTIONAL call volume since the start of your
exclusive offer yesterday. Thanks to the overwhelming response, we've
not been able to answer all the calls as they've poured in - and we're
very sorry.

We want you to know we're aware of the difficulties Sidekick customers
are having when calling to take advantage of this offer. Please know
we're working diligently to improve your customer experience.

We appreciate your patience. Rest assured we ARE STILL taking orders
via the toll free number 1-800-817-9478, as this is the ONLY way to take
advantage of this exclusive offer.

The line is OPEN BETWEEN the hours of 5am-10pm PST, MONDAY THROUGH
FRIDAY. If you cannot get through, we do ask you to please try again at
a later time. The offer runs until Friday, September 24 or while
supplies last.

We appreciate your interest in the Sidekick II! Thank you for being a
loyal T-Mobile Sidekick customer,

Your T-Mobile Sidekick II Team

SIDEKICK II OFFER FACTS

* Offer is available to current Sidekick customers ONLY.
* Offer is while supplies last, or until Friday, September 24 whichever
comes first.
* You can buy a new Sidekick II for only $199.99 - that's $100 OFF the
$299.99 suggested retail selling price.
* The conditions are simply that you need to extend your contract for a
year and return your current Sidekick to us within 7 days of receipt of
your new Sidekick II. If we don't get it back, we'll have to charge
you the $100 you saved! That's the deal. Both color and black and
white Sidekick devices are eligible for this trade in offer.
* To buy your Sidekick II, call 1-800-817-9478.
* Check out the Ultimate Communication Device: visit
http://www.getyoursidekick.com/productpage.htm to learn more about the
T-Mobile Sidekick II!"

I realized that I have to pay 199.99 if I exchange my SK for SKII.. I do not want to waste my money if I am not happy with SKII. I am happy with my own. I broke once last December by accident. Ever since It's fine.

U are not only one I got this message three different times. Wow, that was so fast!

I have that message everyday! i was like i am keep my old sidekick i am not wate my money to buy other one !

Back