Relay frustration

plasticdinosaur

Reaction score
I do not know how to sign. I was educated at an aural school growing up. I've had a TTY for a long time, but at my university, the phones in our room cannot dial out. Recently, my family has to get rid of our cell phone data plan, so now I can't use the AT&T IM relay service on my cell phone.

Which IP based relay service is best to get for use on my computer? And is there any kind of service that will let me talk to hearing people's phones with my text messages if they cannot text? Thank goodness most of the people I know can text!

Sorry for the long post, thanks!

I have siprelay on aim through sorenson

And on my phone I have an app from purple communications and I think they have one for the computer as well.

Both call the hearing person they speak to the terp you just type

I have siprelay on aim through sorenson

And on my phone I have an app from purple communications and I think they have one for the computer as well.

Both call the hearing person they speak to the terp you just type

Yeah, I used to use AIM IM relay on my phone, but we no longer have the internet on our phones, so stuff like that won't work.

i711.com - Relay & Beyond is okay

If you have a landline phone and can hear enough to tell when someone is speaking on the phone, you can use web Captel, which carries the voice over and then is also typed out on your computer screen. That's what I use, since I can still hear voices on phone, just can't make out words. You type in number you want to call, and then the captel service calls you, so you can make long distance calls for free using a landline.

I recommend http://www.sprintcaptel.com for that. There are a couple others, but they're all pretty much the same.

Yeah, I used to use AIM IM relay on my phone, but we no longer have the internet on our phones, so stuff like that won't work.

umm? :hmm: if you are still in college, and have internet and access to computers and can use aim express that doesnt require you to install aim on computer here: http://o.aolcdn.com/aim/gromit/aim_express/gm/101215.6261.1.en-us/WidgetMain.html
OR use sorenson website to login:
Place a SIPRelay Call Now | SIPRelay®

you can use your aim same account you had on your cell phone. I don't see where is the problem? granted its not with you 24/7 but you can still make calls.
there r other vrs's that can do same like writealex said.

Back