relationship with a boy

lilcy

Reaction score
well, a boy and I are good friends, but I told him Im in love with him, he told me that he didn't want to have a relationship this year, and wanna keep friends relationship with me, what should I do?
What's more, he told nearly everything about himself, where to go, when to do sth, meet who, this made me puzzled, I don't know how to handle with in this situation. Who can give me some advice?

well, a boy and I are good friends, but I told him Im in love with him, he told me that he didn't want to have a relationship this year, and wanna keep friends relationship with me, what should I do?
What's more, he told nearly everything about himself, where to go, when to do sth, meet who, this made me puzzled, I don't know how to handle with in this situation. Who can give me some advice?

If he says he is not ready for a relationship, you must accept that. Start developing friendship with others, and remain friends with him. You cannot push him into something he is not ready for.

Oh..To be young again....and to be "in love"....really miss that feeling!
Take it from us old-timers, you will be "in Love" more than a few times in your life and just remember you cant hurry love.

Oh..To be young again....and to be "in love"....really miss that feeling!
Take it from us old-timers, you will be "in Love" more than a few times in your life and just remember you cant hurry love.

And don't forget it is not uncommon to fall in and out of love with the same person over the years, over and over. Makes it interesting, lol.

Beautiful pix!.....and as I read this. I looked around at my 3 teenage boys.....(not one of them I hope!)..HAHA...Too young...."Puppy Love"??...Could be...Bet you could get any boyfriend you wanted!...So why just settle for "1"??....And thank ur lucky stars you don't have to do their laundry & their "smelly" socks! Even smelling their farts and blaming it on each other!

Mod note:

Thread's moved from General Chat to Marriage, Dating & Single Life.

Beautiful pix!.....and as I read this. I looked around at my 3 teenage boys.....(not one of them I hope!)..HAHA...Too young...."Puppy Love"??...Could be...Bet you could get any boyfriend you wanted!...So why just settle for "1"??....And thank ur lucky stars you don't have to do their laundry & their "smelly" socks! Even smelling their farts and blaming it on each other!

That's actually Victoria Justice at the 2009 MTV awards.. I seriously doubt OP is her, because honestly... she would have no problem finding a guy.
wink.png

Thanks, all the guys.
yeah, Victoria Justice, I just like her.

Reba
Im 24 old.

jillio
maybe you are right, bcz he said this year is the very important year for his work, he wanna be a manager of his work region.

The thing made me puzzled is that, he always tell me everything about himself, where to go, when to do sth, meet who, and what's doing.
perhaps what I should do is just support him, and just be a friend.
:|

lilcy, where are you from?
You seem like you may be from outside the USA?

I am making sure first, because different culture may have different way of approaching relationships.

yeah, Im from outside the USA, Im from Singapore.
hmm, Im a traditional girl.

That's cool. I know a few friends from SG and also understand some mandarin cuz I am ABC.

Well, I kind of heard how it is with sg guys. I think for some their focus usually on work and money first?
Not sure lah, just from past example I've seen. I remember one girl wanted to have a kid but they haven't married yet and guy is focused on stable income first instead of worry about a child. He also commented the girl need to finish her school first (she dropped out from college) and find stable job before thinking about it.

So, just some example I think - maybe the guy is more realistic type and serious. How do you feel about his attitude?

Thanks, all the guys.
yeah, Victoria Justice, I just like her.

Reba
Im 24 old.

jillio
maybe you are right, bcz he said this year is the very important year for his work, he wanna be a manager of his work region.

The thing made me puzzled is that, he always tell me everything about himself, where to go, when to do sth, meet who, and what's doing.
perhaps what I should do is just support him, and just be a friend.
:|

It sounds like he tells you these things because he considers you to be a valuable friend. But I agree...support him and be his friend. We could all use good friends who offer us support.

Yeah, I agree with Jillio on this one....he feels comfortable with you....perhaps telling you things about himself that he hasn't told his other "casual friends'"....So, he more than likely trusts you, and values ur input, consideration and especially listening to him.....It's great he's trying to get ahead, get himself accomplished in life....who knows? Friendship of this magnitude can grow and grow....until it's "realllly Love." Ur both young, give it time.

Reba
Im 24 old.
Thank you. :)

I just wanted to know before making any suggestions because your age makes a difference as to your situation.

To be honest, since everyone was saying that you were very young, and because you refer to the guy as a "boy", I thought you were in your early teens. :giggle:

Like naisho posted, one has to take into consideration culture, too.

It looks like you got plenty enough advice here.

I got to admit it's funny how different cultures play a role in shaping their ideas of "relationships." Reading her message, I thought she was like a 14 years old girl learning how to have one. In America, we date pretty young.

I got to admit it's funny how different cultures play a role in shaping their ideas of "relationships." Reading her message, I thought she was like a 14 years old girl learning how to have one. In America, we date pretty young.
Yeah, I thought she was about 14 years old, too.

Wirelessly posted

That's what culture shock all about. :cool:

hmm, Im back. :P
Thanks alot! Reba, naisho, rockin'robin...
I got the answer from him, he just like me but don't love me(still confused). :|
Thanks all the advice, maybe rockin'robin is right, and now Im considering just support him, and be a friend. Perhaps this is the best relationship with him.

Back