Juice of a large fresh lemon
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of jalapeno powder
1 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp of celery seed
2 squares of melted hershey chocolate

Brown the beef or turkey first then throw everything in a pot and let it cook slowly all day.

2 squares of melted chocolate? Is this regular chocolate or baking chocolate? I also will assume you mean a crock pot....

Tousi said:
2 squares of melted chocolate? Is this regular chocolate or baking chocolate? I also will assume you mean a crock pot....

I used two squares from a hershey's candy bar. It helps take the bitter out of the tomatos. You could also use a little bit of sugar instead of the chocolate or you can leave out the chocolate all together.
The thing about chili is you can pretty much put anything in it. This is just how I like to do it. :)

As for the pot, yes you can use a croc pot or any large pot you can fit all the ingredients in.:)

Thanks, Reiko. Now tell me what rotell is, please. I'm guessing it might be some kind of pasta but......

Tousi said:
Thanks, Reiko. Now tell me what rotell is, please. I'm guessing it might be some kind of pasta but......
Rotel is a can of chopped tomatos and green chilis. RO*TEL I use the original. The extra hot is good too but you risk catching your head on fire if you use it. lol

Back