Red Lobster and Joe Crab Shack

I love Red Lobster more than Joe's because Red Lobster serves best seafood dinners than other I had eat at. I dont see any interesting dishes served at Joe's but regular dishes.
Other restaruant serves best seafood is Olive's Gardens. It's pretty expensive samiliar to local seafood restuarant named Captain George's.

I've never been to Joe's Crab Shack. However, I've eaten at Red Lobsters many times before. I love their shrimps and steak. I also love their Strawberry Lobsteritas! Yummy! Last November, they had an all-you-can-eat shrimp special. I had five different kinds of shrimp. Boy, I was stuffed afterwards! *burps*

Joe's Crab Shack is much better than Red Lobster because more of varieties...Red Lobster is so so...more expensive than Joe's.... I'm all for Joe's.

Am I the only one who doesn't consider Red Lobster a seafood joint?
I grew up and still live Maryland, famous for our crabcakes. I love seafood..everthing from Blue Crabs to Spiced Shrimp. The menu at Red Lobster doesn't impress me. For example, I've never found crabs at Red Lobster...only Alaskan King Crab Legs...but not just steamed blue crab.
One of my favorites is crab cakes, and the Red Lobster crab cake was just some generic heated up concoction that wasn't that great.
If you guys ever come to Maryland, I'll show you what seafood is all about ;)

It sounds yummmmmiiii but I dont have both here in Germany. :( I would like to try both when I am in America.

Taylor said:
I grew up and still live Maryland, famous for our crabcakes. I love seafood..everthing from Blue Crabs to Spiced Shrimp. The menu at Red Lobster doesn't impress me. For example, I've never found crabs at Red Lobster...only Alaskan King Crab Legs...but not just steamed blue crab.
One of my favorites is crab cakes, and the Red Lobster crab cake was just some generic heated up concoction that wasn't that great.

i know.. it is sad that these people don't know what a REAL SEAFOOD is.. that's why i mentioned that i only liked going to RL for it's unique bisquits.. :giggle:

Normally, I don't really go for crab as much as I do shrimp, scallops, lobster and clams. However, during the Christmas holidays, I stole a taste of seafood salad - it was actually a GOOD one, too...OMG. I really wanted more of it, but can't find the place where they got it at. Hmmm. But it had crab, some lobster, shrimp, mayo, I think...some other stuff too...since then, I've wanted more, and I hate crab. LOL.

Taylor said:

:rofl: yea Taylor -- Maryland is famous for the crabcakes and the blue crabs too hehe -- my mom makes them on rare occasions so GOOD! spiced shrimps rocks too! :thumb:

u are also right -- Red Lobster doesnt have the MD blue crabs on their menu shame! :(

Go to Outer Banks. they have the best seafood joints down there. Always had to grab shrimps and crabs, boil them up and spice them up with Old Bay Seasoning. Oh yum yum.

It sounds like Joe's Crab Shack is full of crabs. I'm not crazy for crabs or anything. The only seafood I like is shrimp. That's why I prefer Red Lobster. ;)

zesty said:
i know.. it is sad that these people don't know what a REAL SEAFOOD is.. that's why i mentioned that i only liked going to RL for it's unique bisquits.. :giggle:

We know that Red Lobester is not a real seafood resturant, We are not stupid, I love Red Lobester, If I want to go there I can, nobody can tell me otherwise. :)

i love both

but the fun part is dip the lobster tail in the melted butter dont you think? yumyumyum! huh!

Here some recipe.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/cheese/cheese-garlic-biscuits.html

Heat oven to 450

2 cups Bisquick(r) Baking Mix
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30
seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic powder;
brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

(10 to 12 biscuits)

or

http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/bread/rlbisc.htm

Red Lobster Inspired Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size : 10

1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups Self-rising flour*
1/4 cup Kraft American Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Garlic POWDER -- not salt
3 tablespoons Melted butter or margarine
Muffin paper liners

*You may use all-purpose (regular) flour, however biscuits will not rise much and have a denser texture; flavors should be about identical. **Can substitute 3 packets of Sweet & Low for the sugar.
Original recipe does not say, but I would think you will want to shred the cheese.
In a 1 1/2 qt mixing bowl combine the milk, mayo, sugar, and flour. Beat on high speed with electric mixer for almost a minute, until smooth and completely combined. Using a rubber bowl scraper, streak the dough with the cheese. Batter should NOT be thin enough to pour; if necessary, add only enough additional flour so batter will "drop" from spoon.
Drop batter into 10 paper-lined muffin tins, or a greater number of tiny muffin cups. (Muffins tend to triple in size when baked; fill lightly.) Melt butter; mix in garlic, and brush tops of dough. You may shake 1 tsp additional cheese on each muffin if you wish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on rack for 30 minutes.
These definitely should be served freshly baked and hot.

:)

I have already eaten at both. Red Lobster is not too bad, and Joe's good too but kinda too spicy for my tastes. Cheri, I gotta agree with you about the biscuit. I'd die and go to heaven once I take a bite into it. Oh lord!

I may add-- Besides Floridans, most of you may not hear about this resturant, Dixie Crossroads. It's located in Titusville, FL. Home of the best broiled rock shrimps ever. Customers from all over the country stopped by the resturant to try out their broiled rock shrimps, unbelievable. It's the best I ever tasted in my opinion. Not just rock shrimps, there are different kinds of shrimp, fishes, crabs, lobsters, etc... Really good place.

A few years ago, my mom brought a live lobster into the kitchen and it scared me. when she cooked it, i dislike eating it while I was thinking of it creeping around the kitchen. :barf:

FeistyChick said:
thats the only thing that i like about red lobster is their BISCUITS too!! (the buscuits are lobster flavor of some kind which are unique!) YUMMY!! :thumb:
I agree with you about the biscuits in Red Lobster are so delicious.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Here some recipe.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/cheese/cheese-garlic-biscuits.html

Heat oven to 450

2 cups Bisquick(r) Baking Mix
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30
seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix margarine and garlic powder;
brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

(10 to 12 biscuits)

or

http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/bread/rlbisc.htm

Red Lobster Inspired Garlic Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size : 10

1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups Self-rising flour*
1/4 cup Kraft American Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Garlic POWDER -- not salt
3 tablespoons Melted butter or margarine
Muffin paper liners

*You may use all-purpose (regular) flour, however biscuits will not rise much and have a denser texture; flavors should be about identical. **Can substitute 3 packets of Sweet & Low for the sugar.
Original recipe does not say, but I would think you will want to shred the cheese.
In a 1 1/2 qt mixing bowl combine the milk, mayo, sugar, and flour. Beat on high speed with electric mixer for almost a minute, until smooth and completely combined. Using a rubber bowl scraper, streak the dough with the cheese. Batter should NOT be thin enough to pour; if necessary, add only enough additional flour so batter will "drop" from spoon.
Drop batter into 10 paper-lined muffin tins, or a greater number of tiny muffin cups. (Muffins tend to triple in size when baked; fill lightly.) Melt butter; mix in garlic, and brush tops of dough. You may shake 1 tsp additional cheese on each muffin if you wish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on rack for 30 minutes.
These definitely should be served freshly baked and hot.

:)
Thanks for the recipes!!

Back