Record sound through hearing aids - is it possible?

appleeater

Reaction score
I seem to spend a lot of my time trying to (rather unsuccessfully) explain in a concise manner what my hearing aids sound like to other people, particularly their rather questionable processing of music and also how they're not so great in background noise.

Is there any way of recording the output of hearing aids? I know you can listen through stetoclips, but I haven't had one since I was a child and don't think I ever actually listened through it. Does anyone know if they sound like what I'd hear (barring the mess my own auditory system makes of it upon receiving the signal)?

^^horrible to no captions... had the caption button on so it must be Youtube automated. All I got was "yeah" from the guy.

(disclaimer- I watched without my hearing aids- too lazy to put them on)

I watched without my hearing aids- too lazy to put them on)

128928071985794332.jpg

^^horrible to no captions... had the caption button on so it must be Youtube automated. All I got was "yeah" from the guy.

(disclaimer- I watched without my hearing aids- too lazy to put them on)
If it was cationed, you would lose the entire point of not being able to hear in the background noise and at a distance.

If it was cationed, you would lose the entire point of not being able to hear in the background noise and at a distance.

Yes but wasn't there an explanation beforehand?

I've seen videos with both closed and open (ie within the video itself) that at least showed either {garbled} or [indistinct] or even sometimes [and this is what (blurred) it sounds like(normal) to the user]

Poor excuse- many tv shows even add [background noise] along with whatever the characters are saying sometimes.

Yes but wasn't there an explanation beforehand?

I've seen videos with both closed and open (ie within the video itself) that at least showed either {garbled} or [indistinct] or even sometimes [and this is what (blurred) it sounds like(normal) to the user]

Poor excuse- many tv shows even add [background noise] along with whatever the characters are saying sometimes.
The entire video is done through the microphone of the hearing aid. The idea is to listen and compare as he is close by vs. as he walks away and adds background noise, and then again with the FM. I think that by captioning the video, you would instantly make it easier for the person listening to understand at a distance and in noise, thus defeating the purpose of the entire video.

I'm sorry, but I thought you wanted a video to give to hearing people to understand what it was like to hear though hearing aids. I thought that the video being captioned would render it useless. If you want me to look for one that is captioned, to make it easier for all people, including hearing people, to understand, by using the captions, I can do that.

I'm sorry, but I thought you wanted a video to give to hearing people to understand what it was like to hear though hearing aids. I thought that the video being captioned would render it useless. If you want me to look for one that is captioned, to make it easier for all people, including hearing people, to understand, by using the captions, I can do that.
I can see your point b/c like I saw I don't see any CC when I am talking to a person face to face ...

Back