Receptive/Expressive practice- Skype?

bdpalmer

Reaction score
Hello! I am 31 and hearing from Pennsylvania. I would like to improve my receptive and expressive signing skills. My skills are pretty good (as my deaf friend tells me), but she and I both agree I need to immerse myself more in the deaf community and get better! I am also interested in improving my skills to one day take the EIPA test to become an educational interpreter. Would anyone be willing to chat with me through Skype sometimes? I would really appreciate it. Please let me know and have a great day!

Hi, Welcome to AllDeaf! What part of Pennsylvania? (If you don't want to say online, you can skype me: I'm bound2ride there.) I'm similar to you in some ways: hearing, doing pretty well with my signing but always looking to improve. And of course from PA:)

Hi im also hearing and live in omaha nebraska. I have 2 deaf nephews and I kinda know some sign langauge but not as much as i use to know. I am still learning and hope to meet alot of cool new people on skype and this website and facebook that are hearing and HOH.

Drat. Far from Pittsburgh. But a lovely place I'm sure:)

:wave: Hi! I live just West of Allentown, am hearing, totally NEW to ASL, and wanting to learn so that I can incorporate it into my counseling. Hoping to meet people of all levels so we can work together on learning.

Google Hangouts that better because video chat with up to 9 people so you can learn sign language from some deaf on video conference that would be awesome. Many deaf use on Google Hangouts. I used to teach hearing co workers at federal in the past. My friend is hearing and now working as freelance interpreter. You plan to take RID exam? You probably try to do both skype and Google hangouts :)

Hello! I am 31 and hearing from Pennsylvania. I would like to improve my receptive and expressive signing skills. My skills are pretty good (as my deaf friend tells me), but she and I both agree I need to immerse myself more in the deaf community and get better! I am also interested in improving my skills to one day take the EIPA test to become an educational interpreter. Would anyone be willing to chat with me through Skype sometimes? I would really appreciate it. Please let me know and have a great day!

Hi All,

I am also hearing learning ASL.
I am yet to meet a deaf person, and I have never practiced once.
I would love to Skype with anyone. You would be the first :)

Thanks,

Back