reccomend a laptop?

cental34 said:
Aside from my iPod, I've never been a huge Apple fan. The Macintosh operating system is just too foreign for me to care to get used to.

:werd: My husband said that MAC is more like a PC now but still I HATE HATE the desktop! A nuisance...! He said I will get used to it because he wants a MAC for our house... :roll: I always press the wrong button, click on the wrong icon and the MAC goes :poof: on me...

I had to deal with Mac OS throughout all of my high school years since the school district had a contract with Apple. The only thing I even remotely liked about it was "SimpleText."I am fully convinced that Macintosh OS is a tool of a pyramid scheme perpetrated by Count Dracula himself as a way to fuel the blood drive.

gnarlydorkette said:
A slightly-OFF-TOPIC question: I don't want to mess around with MAC's programs because I own a dell PC at my home; I am worrying about what happens if I transfer my MAC files from iBOOK (hypothesis) so I can edit and print from my PC. Will the transition between a AppleWorks document and a PC computer that DOESN'T have the Applework program force typed documents into RTF???

I don't use AppleWork, but I do use Microsoft Office on the Mac. I have both Mac and PC computers, but I use Mac the most. I often use Microsoft Office on the Mac, it's pretty well-designed if you ask me.

Many files will work just fine with Mac applications. Of course, it depends on what applications you use, but I would say most will work as long you have the applications that work with such formats.

Document files work just fine if transfered either way.

cental34 said:
I had to deal with Mac OS throughout all of my high school years since the school district had a contract with Apple. The only thing I even remotely liked about it was "SimpleText."I am fully convinced that Macintosh OS is a tool of a pyramid scheme perpetrated by Count Dracula himself as a way to fuel the blood drive.

We're talking about OS X, not OS 9 or older. They are totally different and OS X is UNIX-based. The previous Mac OSes weren't.

Believe me, it's a big difference and way better. I know because I use BOTH PC and Mac computers and OS X is superior to Windows XP, no doubt about it.

Banjo said:
Wrong, OS X has a LARGE amount of softwares. Way more than you can possibly imagine. Many are them are useful and resourceful.

The only limitation are the video games, but only the best makes it to the Mac. That way, we don't have to deal with the crappy games.

Games is not a need, it's a form of entertainment. Nothing more, it's not a need like you said.

Are you stupid? Read careful again what I said. Many software for PC that I need.

In fact. There is no advanced machine for Mac.

You know that I work for Canon as group leader for DSLR. There is no MAC adjustment software for canon that I need.

Many vehicle manufacturers use PC for alignment like engine, wheels, etc... There is no Mac.

Why you dont take your car to autobody or something and ask them "Do you have Mac?" (gasp) No Mac?!

Yes, I know how to repair digital camera, computer, and vehicle.

Here a picture that I like to show you and you will understood.

adj2.jpg

adj.jpg

adj3.jpg

This software for check dust CMOS.
If you dont know what is CMOS.

here
http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/cmos/index-e.html

Too bad there is no Mac for google software like google earth. It really cool!!

http://earth.google.com/

Banjo said:
I don't use AppleWork, but I do use Microsoft Office on the Mac. I have both Mac and PC computers, but I use Mac the most. I often use Microsoft Office on the Mac, it's pretty well-designed if you ask me.

Many files will work just fine with Mac applications. Of course, it depends on what applications you use, but I would say most will work as long you have the applications that work with such formats.

Document files work just fine if transfered either way.

Really funny thing. You said OS X has a LARGE amount of softwares.. Then why you use Microsoft's software. Why not use OS X?

Neo - These software that I have from HP and iPhoto from Apple. I plan to upgrade iPhoto's new version which is better than mine. Here are some examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neo said:
Really funny thing. You said OS X has a LARGE amount of softwares.. Then why you use Microsoft's software. Why not use OS X?

Microsoft Office... on the MAC! That's what I was talking about.

Neo said:
Umm.. OS X dont made it. Microsoft made it..

I am just curious. If you buy a new IBM PC computer, is Microsoft Office included in the package? Is it for 30-days free trial?

Neo said:
Umm.. OS X dont made it. Microsoft made it..

It's quite obvious that Microsoft developed Office because they have their name attached to it.

But that's not the point... the point is... it's available on OS X. OS X is not a software developer, it is an operating system. Get your head straightened out! In fact, I'll say that Microsoft Office on the Mac is better than the PC version.

Shocked? You shouldn't be. Even the Microsoft developers admitted it!

Are you stupid? Read careful again what I said. Many software for PC that I need.

No, I'm not stupid but thanks for asking. I'm absolutely 100% sure that you did say that games were a NEED.

I don't like Mac because there is not many programs that I need like camfrog, Half-life 2, etc..

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.p....php?t=21332&page=1&pp=20&highlight=Half-Life

I guess you really do need games. Half-Life 2... wooo hoo... err. (rolling eyes)

Well, Tim Burton didn't seem to have a problem using the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II to make his movie, 'The Corpse Bride' on the Mac.

Choosing equipment wasn’t easy either. The production crew knew they wanted to shoot digital, but they had no idea which camera to use. Digital cameras had never been used for stop motion, a highly specialized application. In the end, the crew chose the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II. The 16.7-megapixel cameras could deliver high-definition, high-quality stills for almost instantaneous output to Final Cut Pro, the team’s editing tool of choice.

http://www.apple.com/pro/film/lucas/index.html

These "official" softwares of these photo makers are often inferior and weak in comparison to many advanced photo-editing softwares including an amazing one coming out soon from Apple titled, Aperture. A lot of photographers prefer to use Adobe Photoshop to work on their photos, not the official photo softwares from these companies.

Just because you work at Canon doesn't mean you know what's the best for us. I despite "official" photo softwares because they are a joke. No wonder why Canon has weak customer support and lousy software developers. *hint, hint*

Now, just because there's no Google Earth for the Mac doesn't mean we don't have a similar software...

There's the Earth Explorer.

http://www.motherplanet.com/

See? Just because it's not Google doesn't mean it's no good.

gnarlydorkette,

I mean.. when you said iBook is expensive as I point that PowerBook is really expensive.

And IF... you got iBook, it would be awesome that you would get free iSight (webcam) and hook up with HOVRS and make more fun to use than Sorenson to your mom or dad or your boyfriend or your weird one. :)

I think I like you already. Don't think as like-like. ;)

Banjo said:
No, I'm not stupid but thanks for asking. I'm absolutely 100% sure that you did say that games were a NEED.
Nope. I don't u are 100% sure. I dont use PC for GAME ONLY. That's all u said "game"

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.p....php?t=21332&page=1&pp=20&highlight=Half-Life

I guess you really do need games. Half-Life 2... wooo hoo... err. (rolling eyes)

Well, Tim Burton didn't seem to have a problem using the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II to make his movie, 'The Corpse Bride' on the Mac.

http://www.apple.com/pro/film/lucas/index.html

These "official" softwares of these photo makers are often inferior and weak in comparison to many advanced photo-editing softwares including an amazing one coming out soon from Apple titled, Aperture. A lot of photographers prefer to use Adobe Photoshop to work on their photos, not the official photo softwares from these companies.

Just because you work at Canon doesn't mean you know what's the best for us. I despite "official" photo softwares because they are a joke. No wonder why Canon has weak customer support and lousy software developers. *hint, hint*

ha. Dont be silly. I already know there is awful software canon for customer. Yes. It's true that why I dont use software canon. I use adobe all way.

And not THAT adjustment software for custmoer I talked about! You can't use it for adjustment inside SDLR and Powershot for AE, Flash, Shuttler, SI, AF, voltage, CMOS, and color matrix. That software for Pc only.

Now, just because there's no Google Earth for the Mac doesn't mean we don't have a similar software...

There's the Earth Explorer.

Earth explorer do not have directions, local serach, and map of streets. No good.

Now earth google looks better than earh explorer.

http://www.motherplanet.com/

See? Just because it's not Google doesn't mean it's no good.

Ha. You must not happy with OS X so u HAVE to BUY Microsoft which made from M$ ;)

Last thing. I dont know that you are friend with Edge. I met him in person before and we chat about Mac lot that I like.

In fact. I am not ONLY repair for PC. I repair someone Mac before. Oh yeah. I do know how to use Mac. I know Mac is best than PC for graphic and movie. Did I said Mac sucks? NO.

Neo said:
Ha. You must not happy with OS X so u HAVE to BUY Microsoft which made from M$ ;)

It's a product that I use on OS X along with at least a hundred different non-Microsoft applications.

Hate to say it, but you obviously don't understand what I'm talking about. I was talking to somebody else here, not you about these document files and how they can be transferred. You're still misunderstanding the point here.

In fact. I am not ONLY repair for PC. I repair someone Mac before. Oh yeah. I do know how to use Mac. I know Mac is best than PC for graphic and movie. Did I said Mac sucks? NO.

No, but you sure don't know jackshit about Mac computers.

Neo, sorry to say this but banjo's right on the most of the time. BUT, no, OSX does NOT have the large amount of softwares. If you compare the numbers PC softwares to OSX/Linus softwares, you'll know the differences.

Neo, if you would like to try OSX (just sounds like you do want to try it :)) Download VMware workstation and partition your harddrive, make a virtual driver and install OSX there. One of my friends installed Tiger OS on it and loved it. For you all who do not know what Tiger OS is, it is the newest OS for MAC. anyway, download it at www.vmware.com or if you'd like to crack it and get the full version, download it from limewire pro, that is where I got mine.

Laptop had experinced me alots.

I got the third laptop now.. I purchased NOTEBOOK COMPAQ R4012 ATHLON64 3200+/ATI/[upgraded] 1280MB/80HD/DVDRW which is top selling by this year more like April appox.. anyway...

Important for you looking for:

1.Ram of memory: I suggest you grab 2 gb rams which laptop can upgrade up to 2 gb eventually

2. Hard drive: I highly recommending you, 60 or 80 hdd that what you really need for!

3. dvd rw: You buy laptop within dvd rw also, you will necessary in eventually..

4: wireless: WIFI built inside laptop is best carrying itself.. you no need to buy wifi card separately..

5. USB: 2.0 usb 3 or 4 ports built in laptop.. :)

But impotant is RAM OF MEMORY how much you need. if you want to get load some program or grapic art.. ram is still count! the RAM OF MEMORY IS VERY SIGNIFICATION KEY IN YOUR LIFE FOR LAPTOP RUNNING SMOOTH AND CRASH FREE!

Back