rear window CC at movie theater

yagazn

Reaction score
Have you watch rear window CC at movie theater before?

So, like it or dislike it?.

What is a rear window CC?
Click info here:
MoPix – Motion Picture Access

I'm sure some of you already know about this. I just want to know your opinion about this rear window CC at movie theater.

it's clear and never miss but it's uncomfortable to carry device and difficult to keep the rear to hold n' steady.

I have never been to rear window CC at movie theater. I dunno what it would be like watching a movie with rear window CC.

Better visit America to see how awesome they offer for deaf to enjoy a moment...

It a nice system and I like it.

But the plastic screen that go in the cup holder of your seat don't hold steady sometime you have to hold it with one hand to keep it steady while watching movie.

The flexible tube wears out fast and no longer have gripping power to hold plastic screen in place they need to re-design the plastic screen holder.

I did go to a RVC theater once. It was in the St. Louis Gateway (The Arch). They have a documentary movie about the history of the Arch. I didn't know it was offered, so I didn't ask for the equipment. But I would figure that it would be awkward because you would have to remain motionless.

I rather have the captions on the screen so that I can see both at the same time instead of having to look up and down between RVC. :(

My family prefers to sit close to the screen, and that means the captions are pretty small in the reflector. I have only used it once - movies are normally loud enough for me to hear - but the captions were so tiny!

I did go to a RVC theater once. It was in the St. Louis Gateway (The Arch). They have a documentary movie about the history of the Arch. I didn't know it was offered, so I didn't ask for the equipment. But I would figure that it would be awkward because you would have to remain motionless.

I rather have the captions on the screen so that I can see both at the same time instead of having to look up and down between RVC. :(

Since the reflector stands on one arm, you can easily push it away if you want to get up.. but you're free to move around in your seat.

also, in theaters, the reflectors are see through. You adjust them so it sits where-ever you want it on the screen- so it can sit just like closed captions do on a TV, just below, just above the screen, so on.

Yes, I have seen this one before. Its a bit difficult to read the small letters. I haven't seen much movie theaters doing this. I went to the movies with my deaf friend, it was a bummer no CC. I did help her out what was going on still would have been nice to have CC available.

I tried it at the Boston Science museum, worked pretty well. It was a stand that you carried in and adjusted if you needed it. My only complaint was that it reflected too much from people's cell phones and since the reflector was so small you couldn't move your head much wihtout readjusting it.

I felt idiot to carry the thing to the theater. Nah I like get my hands free so I can carry popcorn and soda like else.

I felt idiot to carry the thing to the theater. Nah I like get my hands free so I can carry popcorn and soda like else.

This made me giggle! I felt stupid too. And then when we sat down and the movie started, it didn't work so we had to get the manager. RWC is actually really hard for me because I have some trouble with my eyes and having to look off to the side to read the captions is uncomfortable for me.

This made me giggle! I felt stupid too. And then when we sat down and the movie started, it didn't work so we had to get the manager. RWC is actually really hard for me because I have some trouble with my eyes and having to look off to the side to read the captions is uncomfortable for me.

I agree with you complete. :aw:

rear window CC

My family prefers to sit close to the screen, and that means the captions are pretty small in the reflector. I have only used it once - movies are normally loud enough for me to hear - but the captions were so tiny!

You're fortunate to have enough hearing to function. I can hear also but not well enough to understand the words. CC is a necessity for me. I was unaware rear window CC was available. I haven't been to a movie in years but will check to see if there is a theater in my area with this feature.

A note to those who feel embarrassed. I'm now 60 and have been hearing impaired for over 40 years. I learned long ago not to be embarrassed because of my hearing problem. If someone can't accept me for what I am then it's actually THEY who have the bigger problem. I remind them they have a choice. They can tolerate my hearing impairment when they are around me or choose not to be around me. On the other hand, I have no choice but to live with my impairment every second of my life. That normally leaves them speechless, apologetic or both.

You're fortunate to have enough hearing to function. I can hear also but not well enough to understand the words. CC is a necessity for me. I was unaware rear window CC was available. I haven't been to a movie in years but will check to see if there is a theater in my area with this feature.

A note to those who feel embarrassed. I'm now 60 and have been hearing impaired for over 40 years. I learned long ago not to be embarrassed because of my hearing problem. If someone can't accept me for what I am then it's actually THEY who have the bigger problem. I remind them they have a choice. They can tolerate my hearing impairment when they are around me or choose not to be around me. On the other hand, I have no choice but to live with my impairment every second of my life. That normally leaves them speechless, apologetic or both.

Prepare to be educated. We don't say hearing impaired and for alldeaf I think you are practically a hearie!:P

I used it before and didn't really like it. Wish I have open captioning or something that's on the screen.

We finally got it here, but movie theater costs too much anyway. I would rather watch DVD at home.

We finally got it here, but movie theater costs too much anyway. I would rather watch DVD at home.

I agree, I used buy 6 bucks for movie then later I was surprised that next movie I paid a visit cost me 8 bucks then few months I want see one movie then cost me 9 bucks!!!!!! Also I visit new type of movie use 3-D and cost me 11 bucks. What's next? :roll:

rear window captioning

My wife used it once and hated it, too much fumbling around to get it right. And she thought it was like holding a sign saying 'deaf person here".

We have since found a theater that has open caption several times every weekend, much better.

If the theater got it on the request of members of the d/Deaf community, it would be very respectful if you made an effort to see at least one film in which you requested the captioning reflector.

The system costs the theater a lot of money to install and it would help ensure captioning in more theaters if deaf people actually made an effort to prove that the theater stands to profit by attracting more deaf or hoh moviegoers by installing the system.

Back