Rear View Mirror For Computer Monitor

Jant

Reaction score
I hope someone knows where I can buy a rear/side view mirror for my computer monitor. I work in a hearing office where my desk faces the wall. (There's no other place to put my desk so I am stuck). There's a lot of people traffic that I can't see. People stand next to me or behind me (talking) and they expect a response. But I often don't notice that they are standing there. So I want to put a mirror on my computer monitor. I need an adjustable mirror so that I can move it to where it will work best. Any info will be very appreciated. Thank you.

I use a rear view mirror on my computer. I was able to buy a mirror from a car parts shop. It has a suction pad.

I hope someone knows where I can buy a rear/side view mirror for my computer monitor. I work in a hearing office where my desk faces the wall. (There's no other place to put my desk so I am stuck). There's a lot of people traffic that I can't see. People stand next to me or behind me (talking) and they expect a response. But I often don't notice that they are standing there. So I want to put a mirror on my computer monitor. I need an adjustable mirror so that I can move it to where it will work best. Any info will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Search: mirror | Blind Spot Mirror | AutoZone.com

I used one from autozone for my old job and it's cheap and great view.

a simple make-up mirror with stand from any store

or wear a tshirt - "I'M DEAF"

I bought a "car" mirror in a baby store. I clip it onto my flatscreen monitor.

I use webcam. You can put it anywhere in the office (I face the cam to where the door is). If you have dual monitors, I put the webcam image to the monitor that I don't use often and set it "window up front all time"

Edited: also just set the window size about 2x2 or 3x3.

Thank you! You have given me lots of homework for the weekend. I will report back when I figure out what I am going to buy.

Put a t-shirt that says= I'm deaf, you moron! No, just kidding!

Search: mirror | Blind Spot Mirror | AutoZone.com

I used one from autozone for my old job and it's cheap and great view.

Great web site! And if Jant wants a larger mirror s/he can search under rear view or side view mirror also.

Amazon also has some or if you want to get something quick and see it before you buy -- so does Kmart.

Any mirror will be more helpful than no mirror -- but I really like the way the mirrors designed for blind spots and also the car's rear and side view view such a wider angle without being that large themselves.

If you really want to go all out -- you could get a wireless alarm pressure mat, but you would have to figure out how to connect the wires to a light instead of a 120 dB alarm. I don't think your co-workers would appreciate hearing it. :)

They come in a wide variety of price ranges but sometimes you can find some for about $30.00 or so, like here:

Ehow.com has instructions on how to make your own.

How to Make a Pressure Mat Alarm | eHow.com

Seriously, the mirror will probably work better. If you get a pressure map you would have to do something to make sure that no one could figure out a way to trip over it and sue the company you work for. You may not care, but whoever handles HR for your employer probably will. {sigh}

But I think its cool to know that option exists.

You can find rearview mirrors almost anywhere...especially in the automotive department of most stores. :)

Back