Rear cv axles for Thunderbird

Casperman

Reaction score
Hey yall , i have a 90 Thunderbird, over 200,000 miles and other day my right rear cv axle broke and causing my rear tire wobblin etc.. and damaged my right rear brakes..... i m askin yalll the car mechinacs out there .. IS it worth to fix a $500 car with around $200 plys worth of car parts? bec i called around the axle itself is around 100 the brake system for rear is around 60 and sway bar- it was damaged as well. cost maybe around 100 too so i am just heistate to spend and fix.. i rather get ot7her vechile worth like that

I'm having that problem i have a 1992 dodge caravan that needs alot of attention and do not want to spend alot of money into a $600 van. I am trying to save up to buy a better and newer vehicle in the summer/fall.

if you have enough money...by all means get yourself a better vehicle but if u wanna keep the thunderbird...might as well put a little dent in your wallet and fix it. Good luck, man

How about asking someone who knows how to fix it? A home professional could fix your Thunderbird so that you would save some money. I have a friend's friend that came over and fixed my truck. I saved 200 dollars. I would say that it is worth it.

Thunderbird Problems

I would strongly suggest for you to go junkyard and get all the parts front junk Tbird and use it on the ur car and have it fix than have someone else do the work for you which its costly more... as I always have 2 cars one is parts and othe is driveable... so I am thunderbird freak I have 4- 55 tbird, 5 83-86 Tbird, 8- 89 to 93 Tbird...

^^sounds like a good idea. Get a parts car and use the parts from that car as a back up. You could get one cheaper than what they charge you to fix the car up.

beware of the brake lines ...its can be a bitch to take it off ... check before you take it out and recheck when you take it out if you break it or stripped it ... its will cost around 25 dollars for a new line....

Thanks for input i finally got hold of a good friend and he said know a junkyard that might have axles for rear for less than 50 and im goin there on the 23th of this month and look for it also go to a parts store that otehr buddy work at and get parts for rear brakes same time so fix it..

I'm having that problem i have a 1992 dodge caravan that needs alot of attention and do not want to spend alot of money into a $600 van. I am trying to save up to buy a better and newer vehicle in the summer/fall.

if you have enough money...by all means get yourself a better vehicle but if u wanna keep the thunderbird...might as well put a little dent in your wallet and fix it. Good luck, man

have ya gotten rid of ur van? Lol bowaky

Back