Really wanting to learn all I can.

AveryLove

Reaction score
I have been learning sign for several years now and I am signing up for the Interpreter Training Program at a nearby college. I have some friends in the Deaf Community in Florida but now I live in Texas and looking to continue learning more about this wonderful community and the history and culture behind it! The internet and books can only teach you so much. I love learning from the actual people! I would love to make some new friends to skype with and to learn as much as I can and be apart of a wonderful community! What got me all interested in this wonderful community you may ask?! Well my oldest son became deaf when he was one years old due to a ton of ear infections, the doctors decided to put tubes in his ears and there was a 50/50% chance that his hearing was gone permanently. While waiting for the surgery I decided to takec ASL classes at a nearby church. That is where I met one of my dearest friends. She is a deaf woman who taught ASL classes at her church and she became one of the best people in my life. After my son had his surgery he was able to hear. But I was absolutely hooked with ASL and continued to learn ASL. So I would love to continue with this wonderful community.

Hello, and welcome to AD! What town are you in? I live in Eastland, TX. That's on I20 between Abilene, and Fort Worth.

Back