Real Effects of smoking pot

butterflygal said:
I believe that pot is awesome for people with long term illnesses. It helps them be hungry again and the pain to go away. The bonus is it is all natural. I think that people has made pot look bad so many times and comparing it to hard drugs, like coke, heroin, speed, etc... The fact is pot is way different from hard drugs. We need to look at Holland. Pot is legal there and the crime rates are lower there than the states. Canada has decriminalized pot. That means if you get caught with up to 1 oz of pot, you will get no jail time, instead you will get slapped with a fine following how much you were caught with. It shows that Canada knows that pot does not do much harm to people. I hope the united states and the rest of the world will follow and the laws start to relax more on pot.

Yes, it certainly does have medical benefits -- in fact, my father was diagonised with colon cancer in 1994 and had a couple operations to have it removed. In the last year of his life (1996-1997) -- he started smoking pot for medicinical purposes...to help ease the nausea from the chemotherapy and enable him in eating. But the eating part, it wasn't any good because the cancer had since taken over his stomache and blocked it up solid. I'd smoke pot with dad, just to keep him company -- and of course to help him feel less pain and so forth.

I encourage you to go to Erowid.com

This website is the MOST informative, non-bias website around dealing with questions related to illegal substances. It also has first-hand users essays about their expreiences (both good and bad), lists books to read about the development and history or drugs, and shows the chemical make-up of these substances. VERY interesting, VERY helpful. You should be able to find everything you're looking for on this website.

I have first tried smoking pot when i was 14 years old, and ever since i smoke pot once in a while, not everyday, just when i hang out with my friends i would smoke pot cuz i enjoy it. It makes me relax and sleepy, sometime i am talkative, but most time relax lol.. What I will do in college? I dont know yet, will see when i get there lol. :whistle:

To tell you the truth, i somewhat doubt the truth about hole in your brain from marji! If the dr thought the marj is benefit to other illness to help improve or whateverso reason. The dr would have research this more before they offer it to the patient. ok now if dr knew it would form some hole in the brain or somehing like that....... the dr wouldnt dare do this to their patients.. i hope u get what im saying... what more i know this person very well and he smokes marji for many i mean M A N Y years and hes fine! even he held a really wondeful job, have beatiful kids, and he can do anything just fine like a sober person.. His thinking, ability, work, and so on DOESNT influence him.. only once in awhile he would be lazy on a lazy day... anyway back to point... i personally dont think this is true. i bet they show that picture and saying its marji's doing but i notice up on the first word on the brochure.. it said... for more information on marji and OTHERS drugs. I bet you that it is OTHER drug NOT MARJI! just thought id throw my cents. :)

I had been smoking pot many times since i was 25... now i will be 62 next month... no effect in my brain.. still very sharp.... I like to smoke pot now and then to help me relaxing and sleep better... It is no big deal...

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie :whistle:

hey hey! know what? I just talked to this guy who is a regular smoker. He had to take some cat scan for a reason so anyway i asked him if the dr said anything about this brain. He said no and asked me why. I showed him the brochure you posted earlier.. He laughed so hard and said well if the dr notice there was hole in my brain. the dr would have say something...... mmm!!! i knew it!

I used to be a slumlord and I've had my fill of my tenants smoking pot all the time. If theyre on SSI or SSDI I need not worry about their ability to pay rent. But if theyre working then I'll have reason to worry.

Pot is a good idea if you have a medical need for it like AIDS and others. But if youre smoking it for fun, its a different story.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
I used to be a slumlord and I've had my fill of my tenants smoking pot all the time. If theyre on SSI or SSDI I need not worry about their ability to pay rent. But if theyre working then I'll have reason to worry.
Richard

You don't make any sense.

Nesmuth said:

Pot is a good idea if you have a medical need for it like AIDS and others. But if youre smoking it for fun, its a different story.

Richard
UMMM.. CARE TO EXPLAIN MORE CLEAR? I HONESTLY DONT GET IT?

I second that!!!!

BTW, I believe heavy weed smoker will eventully deal with short term memory issues. I do have that issue, *BUT* there has NOT even one case that Marijuana had caused death, while cigarette, booze, got more death rate!
IMHO I believe its time to repel these stupid drug law and fire drug Czar! There have been too many side effects on this stupid drug law!

Booze was once prohibited during 20's, and the real reason for starting prohibitation is that congress thought that reducing availablity of booze would reduce crimes, and other negative effects ONLY to find out that the crimes and domestic disputes SHOT UP, and the prison business has booming on taxpayer's expense. Ended up repeled in 1932. I think most crimes will disappear when drug law repel. OFC not 100% disappear, yet this would free up plenty of prison space for serious crooks and criminals, especially.... TERRORIST!

LuciaDisturbed said:
You don't make any sense.

Nesmuth said:

Richard

Wow... you does not make any sense at all... both on SSI or SSDI and working persons does pay rent and buy weeds if they have enough money left....
SxyPorkie :zzz:

I had my brain scans few times they never say there is holes in my brains.. i smoke them now and then for many many years...

SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
Wow... you does not make any sense at all... both on SSI or SSDI and working persons does pay rent and buy weeds if they have enough money left....
SxyPorkie :zzz:

Apparently those who dont understand what I said is probably because they never been landlords before.

SSI / SSDI folks dont have to worry about getting fired and going through the mess working folks do. I seen my tennants get their lives messed up and it gets costly for me to replace them. Which is why I prefer tenants who are on SSI / SSDI over working folks if theyre going to get themselves involved with weed.

By the way for a while, I been thinking of cashing in my California investment profile and eyeing a 30 room apartment building in the midwest.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Apparently those who dont understand what I said is probably because they never been landlords before.

SSI / SSDI folks dont have to worry about getting fired and going through the mess working folks do. I seen my tennants get their lives messed up and it gets costly for me to replace them. Which is why I prefer tenants who are on SSI / SSDI over working folks if theyre going to get themselves involved with weed.

By the way for a while, I been thinking of cashing in my California investment profile and eyeing a 30 room apartment building in the midwest.

Richard

Ahhhhh... now I understand.... I am in California too..
SxyPorkie

Maybe I am making a biased generalization but I haven't seen a friend who is a heavily pot-smoker (gotta smoke pot daily at least once) that is successful in career, academically, or socially. And none of them are emotionally-stable.

I felt I overgrew them and I never really have fun with them anymore. They are still stuck in that rut where they act like juvenilles and irresponsible and unmotivating. They are at least 5 to 10 years older than me, but they are acting like 16 years old.

So I kept saying NO because I saw the results in my old friends and I don't want to become one of them.
Don't bullshit me that it is "just a herb"...

gnarlydorkette said:
Maybe I am making a biased generalization but I haven't seen a friend who is a heavily pot-smoker (gotta smoke pot daily at least once) that is successful in career, academically, or socially. And none of them are emotionally-stable.

I felt I overgrew them and I never really have fun with them anymore. They are still stuck in that rut where they act like juvenilles and irresponsible and unmotivating. They are at least 5 to 10 years older than me, but they are acting like 16 years old.

So I kept saying NO because I saw the results in my old friends and I don't want to become one of them.
Don't bullshit me that it is "just a herb"...

I hate to point this out but ... obviously u have hang out with wrong crowds who smokes marji and behave like that. I know a person who is a regular smoker and hes very successful in carrer, very educated person and socially with alot of educated people, and he doesnt act like a juvenille or irresponsible. I'm sorry to say this but i personally think u were with the wrong crowds. and its true its herb... cuz its made of plant therefore its a herb.

I don't agree with pot because you never know who is going be ruined by it. It's obvious that there are people who are pathetic when on it, and that's not okay. I remember a girl from high school who was always so out of it. She was so weird. You asked her something to do, and she would be like, "what?" She was always like so out. This girl was given very basic math work that she would give the other boy at our table to do. She did not want to do the work in the class either. You could tell she was on something everyday.

I know of this boy whom I sensed a change when I saw him again. He was not who he used to be. He still claimed that it was nothing because 2/3 of people use it. He could not tell that he seemed different. He just asked me how and that other people have said the same thing.

ClearSky said:
I don't agree with pot because you never know who is going be ruined by it. It's obvious that there are people who are pathetic when on it, and that's not okay. I remember a girl from high school who was always so out of it. She was so weird. You asked her something to do, and she would be like, "what?" She was always like so out. This girl was given very basic math work that she would give the other boy at our table to do. She did not want to do the work in the class either. You could tell she was on something everyday.

I know of this boy whom I sensed a change when I saw him again. He was not who he used to be. He still claimed that it was nothing because 2/3 of people use it. He could not tell that he seemed different. He just asked me how and that other people have said the same thing.
you dont have to agree with the marji, just from what ive saw and seen. its all depends on each person who take it well. some of them cldnt take it. some of them take it well. its not everybody who will end up like that. its really indvudial (sorry im such a bad speller!).

ClearSky said:
It may be a herb, but not all herb and natural things are good for you.
i didnt say its good for you.. all i said its true that its a herb. :)

Back