"Ready to Wear" Hearing Aids

Those are cheap!!! I wonder if they work?

If I someone says they do actually work, maybe I could get one to go with my one I'm getting this week thru a retail place. I only am going to get one for now because of the cost, and b/c my insurance co won't help to pay for them.

hmmm I just looked at the site , and it seems pretty vague ??? it looks like it's just a volume (meaning you can't program in a specific set of freq. settings? )

I guess it would be ok as a "backup" ( it says it's waterproof ?) ... but it also looks like it would be giving you a "flat" volume boost ... which wouldn't work for alot of us ( I have a "big dipper/cookie bite" loss curve )

personally I prefer sticking a an Audie to dispense the HAs ... just becasue of the whole service aspect ( I get a number of things for free becasue I bought the HA there) ....

I know there are a few mail-order companies or online places that do sell name brand ( like Phonak, Siemens, Oticon ) HAs at discounted prices .... if I was ever to purchase an HA online ... that's likely what I'd stick to.

Of course like most of us I DON'T get my HA covered by insurance ... which really hurt the pocket book ... but heck ... I have to hear thru the thing everyday - I want something that works

JMHO

My current hearing aid is like the ones listed on the website. It's analog and I've had it since 1993. It still works and I love it. It's been through a lot of hell, but it still works. I think I might buy a new one from this website. :)

Back