Reading and Language Art Statistics

mawkayak

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can locate statistics on reading level and language art of deaf student from 0 - 12 grade levels. I couldn't seem to find any being published on the web and even have sent a question to the U.S. Department of Education for such information.

I'm trying to determine if such statistics exist and how it is measure year after year at the state level. When I hear about the reading level of the deaf being a 4th grade level, I kinda wonder how they get such result or are those results from the early era?

I also wonder if each state keep track of the statistics year after year and see if they have done well or actaully doing worst. Where the accountability of education of the deaf?

U can check the deaf schools report cards. As for deaf students who go to public schools, I dont think there are any stats on them cuz their reading scores are including with their hearing counterparts. There are several factors that contribute why a high percentage of deaf students graduate with a 4th grade reading level. The biggest one being the child didnt acquire a full language during their first 5 years.

With so many hearing people graduating from high school who can barely read and write it is no wonder deaf people are short sheeted in the education department.

:gpost:
With so many hearing people graduating from high school who can barely read and write it is no wonder deaf people are short sheeted in the education department.

When public school systems are unable to adequately address the needs of their hearing students, it certainly leaves one to question how well the needs of Deaf students are being met in a mainstream environment.

Did you check Gally research resources?

Back