Read any good books lately?

soulchill

Reaction score
Looking for something more modern, out of the comfort zone of the authors I normally read. I like science fiction, thrillers, spy stuff.

Looking for something more modern, out of the comfort zone of the authors I normally read. I like science fiction, thrillers, spy stuff.

Check out the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. The first half of book one ("The Gunslinger") is a little dry, but it picks up really fast. It's truly an amazing series, it'll really make you think about our existence on a whole new level.

If you're not down for reading 7 books (5 of which are pretty long), you could always read IT. That's also a Stephen King book. It's good stuff. :D

Check out the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. The first half of book one ("The Gunslinger") is a little dry, but it picks up really fast. It's truly an amazing series, it'll really make you think about our existence on a whole new level.

If you're not down for reading 7 books (5 of which are pretty long), you could always read IT. That's also a Stephen King book. It's good stuff. :D

Yeah, I've read most of the Stephen King stuff (even Richard Bachman) my sister is a big fan so I borrow her copies, Heinlein, I also liked the Ender's Game series. And read some Tom Clancy. I was reading Jack McDevitt, but couldn't get into them as much as I like to. I'm a pretty slow reader if I can't get into something.

i still plodding on with 50shades,give that a try,it good educational book

Try

a long way gone: Memories of a Boy Soldier
Ishmael Beah

it is way, way out of your comfort zone

There are some cute Star Wars themed books that you sci-fi fans should check out:

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger.

Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger.

The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee
Tom Angleberger

Nota Bene: The last two books are sequels to the first book. :):yesway:

Check out Terry Goodkind. The Sword of Truth Series. I don't read much, but I read the first book about a year ago, and loved it.

The Dark Tower series are some of my favorite books! I met Stephen King once...he used to live in my hometown. Cool guy!

If you like Heinlein, then maybe you will like Nancy Kress, trilogy books.. "Beggars in Spain", Beggars and Choosers" and "Beggars Ride". It's a good books.

I like Stephen King's books. There is one book that was turned into a TV show. That book is called "The Dead Zone." It is a really good read!

If you like Heinlein, then maybe you will like Nancy Kress, trilogy books.. "Beggars in Spain", Beggars and Choosers" and "Beggars Ride". It's a good books.

Thanks, I'll check those out. Not familiar with her. Picked up one of the Terry Goodkinds to test out.

Hmm... I haven't actually read any books/novels since 1994! :Oops:

The last book I remember reading is Jurassic Park. :)

Back