Reactivation Windows XP

I think you better ask or look in keznews.com

Not sure if this is what you mean but XP still do have support til 2009.. here is:
Microsoft Watch - Operating Systems - Consumer Windows XP Gets Another Life(Cycle)

Only 2 years from now ? Wow ! Gee, I couldn't believe it how the advanced technology really is. It is way ahead than our brains, eh ? :lol:

But, anyways thanks for the link. I am glad that I have a new PC that has a Vista in it. I don't have to worry about 2 years later when the Window XP ends. I will save my other old PC that has a Window XP for my artworks to use. Heh heh

Cal, what do you have in your PC ? Vista or Window XP ? Me curious. :P

Window XP will end support in next two years. That is sucks. I have no idea some old games and other programs will working good with VISTA??? We will find out till after 2009.

Window XP will end support in next two years. That is sucks. I have no idea some old games and other programs will working good with VISTA??? We will find out till after 2009.

It is the same thing for older Mac OS 9. Mac OS 10 is much better than the OS 9. I had some software that run only on OS 9. I didn't want to upgrade some software, and I trashed them. I continue to use the OS 10 on my computer with my new software.

I guess that Vista should be better than XP due eliminating hack programs and other problems.

I would recommend you that you buy a newer computer that allows you to upgrade the parts yourself hopefully without the reactivation Vista.

Only 2 years from now ? Wow ! Gee, I couldn't believe it how the advanced technology really is. It is way ahead than our brains, eh ? :lol:

But, anyways thanks for the link. I am glad that I have a new PC that has a Vista in it. I don't have to worry about 2 years later when the Window XP ends. I will save my other old PC that has a Window XP for my artworks to use. Heh heh

Cal, what do you have in your PC ? Vista or Window XP ? Me curious. :P

Am still on XP, I'm thinking of get IMAC but I'd take my time to get either IMAC or Vista and I'm not in a hurry. Since not every programs is able to work with Vista for now since it's too "new". So I'm sticking with XP for now to avoid headaches.

Am still on XP, I'm thinking of get IMAC but I'd take my time to get either IMAC or Vista and I'm not in a hurry. Since not every programs is able to work with Vista for now since it's too "new". So I'm sticking with XP for now to avoid headaches.

Cool ! Yeah, I agree it's best to take ur time rather than sorry later on, if you happen change ur mind. lol

Care to tell me which program that is unable to work with Vista ? Give me the idea of what it is, if you don't mind ? :fingersx:

Care to tell me which program that is unable to work with Vista ? Give me the idea of what it is, if you don't mind ? :fingersx:

Windows Vista RC 1 Software Compatibility List - IeXwiki

Windows Vista - Application Compatibility Issues

Usually most of the 3D games are not compatible with Vista at this time.

Few programs are not compatible with Vista such as Lavasoft antispyware...

Before you download anything check with the system requirements if it does have Vista supported then it's safe to download :)

Hey friends,

I have a question I need to ask you --

Is it true that everyone who has a Window XP in their computer is a MUST to change to Vista next year ? I heard some people talkin' about Window XP will be useless, because of the new Vista. :-\

I have my own new PC that has a Vista in it. I also have another old PC that has a Window XP in it.

You still can use XP after 2 years. Surprisely that there are few people still have Win 98SE and Win 2000 on their system. They're still using it today. Win 98 is soooo obsolete. Win 2000 no longer supported by M$ two years ago. But still can download and install any softwares. You'll have to use firewall and antivirus to protect Win 2k cuz no more updates. I have Enterprise version Win 2k SP4 (look ma, No product key during installation!!) LOL.

Win XP will still be good now till past 2 years. Right now, Vista have lot bugs to work out. Eventually next year or so. More software will be compatible with Vista. I sure hope that M$ not trying to creat new Windows after Vista that force everyone to buy new softwares and upgrade hardware on their PC. I don't want to see M$ Win XX demand 4 processor in chip, 20 GB DDR8 memory, 1 TB (Terabit) hdd or flash drive ect and still run slow. It would be absurd for M$ to have Windows to bog down performance of PC. This will turn everyone off and go for Apple or Linux..

I would love to see M$ to slim down next Windows to make PC really fast and zippy just using 2Ghz 64bit processor and 1Gb memory LOL. ( without losing any neccessary programs that came with Windows).

I sure hope one day Apple and Linux prevails and bring M$ down to it's knee. LOL

Catty

Windows Vista RC 1 Software Compatibility List - IeXwiki

Windows Vista - Application Compatibility Issues

Usually most of the 3D games are not compatible with Vista at this time.

Few programs are not compatible with Vista such as Lavasoft antispyware...

Before you download anything check with the system requirements if it does have Vista supported then it's safe to download :)

Thanks for the link ! :D

It depends on which edition people use for Windows Vista such as like :

Windows Vista Home Basic
or
Windows Vista Home Premium
or
Windows Vista Business
or
Windows Vista Ultimate

Each edition is different from one another and what it have inside. Windows Vista Ultimate is the best of all, because it has everythin' that the computer needs. It also has a Windows Media Center like XBox 360 you can sit back and enjoy your entertainment. It works well with variety games, too. Easily connect to a company or campus network or access your PC remotely with remote desktop ... and other ultimate extras. It included with Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption ( protect your data against loss or theft ). And, yes if, you buy just Windows Vista Ultimate Edition...it costs a little expensive than the others, but it worths it. Just have to compare with other editions first before you buy, if you feel which one is best for your computer. :)

FYI, I've seen many hackers enough and they sure know how to break in PC's back door. Yikes ! :ugh3: LOL

You still can use XP after 2 years. Surprisely that there are few people still have Win 98SE and Win 2000 on their system. They're still using it today. Win 98 is soooo obsolete. Win 2000 no longer supported by M$ two years ago. But still can download and install any softwares. You'll have to use firewall and antivirus to protect Win 2k cuz no more updates. I have Enterprise version Win 2k SP4 (look ma, No product key during installation!!) LOL.

Win XP will still be good now till past 2 years. Right now, Vista have lot bugs to work out. Eventually next year or so. More software will be compatible with Vista. I sure hope that M$ not trying to creat new Windows after Vista that force everyone to buy new softwares and upgrade hardware on their PC. I don't want to see M$ Win XX demand 4 processor in chip, 20 GB DDR8 memory, 1 TB (Terabit) hdd or flash drive ect and still run slow. It would be absurd for M$ to have Windows to bog down performance of PC. This will turn everyone off and go for Apple or Linux..

I would love to see M$ to slim down next Windows to make PC really fast and zippy just using 2Ghz 64bit processor and 1Gb memory LOL. ( without losing any neccessary programs that came with Windows).

I sure hope one day Apple and Linux prevails and bring M$ down to it's knee. LOL

Catty

Of course, I will use my old Window XP PC until 2009. When it ends in 2009, I will use my old PC for my artwork for hobby or somethin' just for my own pleasure or fun. :)

Yup, you are right about Win 98 is soo obsolete. Useless. I've used that for a short time and I am glad I don't use it very long. :lol: Blah Win 98. Preferably Window 2000 at that time when it first came along.

Aww, you wanna to bring M$ down to its knee when the Apple/Linux prevails ? :lol: Why, if you don't mind me askin' ? Just curious about your opinions/point of view.

Of course, I will use my old Window XP PC until 2009. When it ends in 2009, I will use my old PC for my artwork for hobby or somethin' just for my own pleasure or fun. :)

Yup, you are right about Win 98 is soo obsolete. Useless. I've used that for a short time and I am glad I don't use it very long. :lol: Blah Win 98. Preferably Window 2000 at that time when it first came along.

Aww, you wanna to bring M$ down to its knee when the Apple/Linux prevails ? :lol: Why, if you don't mind me askin' ? Just curious about your opinions/point of view.

:rofl:

Recently, today I had to restore my lappy's XP. Something got screwed my XP and popping up script error. I suspect originally M$ update cuz after I clicked "OK" to proceed to install. I went to bed and woke up later in afternoon. My daughter already in my room messing with lappy. I told her don't touch it. She said I didn't touch it. It was already screwed up when I came. So she shut it down. Ummh. I did recalled XP was running slow when I OK'd the M$ update.

LUCKILY!!!!! I did have a copy of Acer Aspire restoration DVD that I burned it when I first got my lappy. I slipped CD and rebooted. Let Acer's restoration program take care of it. Then I had to redo the "computer's name" and "user's name". Hey, no product key!! It's already registered and didn't have to re-register w/ M$.

Now, my lappy is zippy and clean!! I just added Yahoo Widgets again and installed some programs that I needed. I had to delete some add on from ACER that I don't use.

Since my lappy was set to FAT32 for XP (Factory setup. Stupid Acer!!). I had to use command prompt, then CD C:\ then typed C:\ CONVERT C:\ FS:NTFS. Once it asked Volume name.. I typed "ACER" then hit Y to continue then reboot. Bingo it converted from FAT32 to NTFS. Once I got into desktop. No file loss. I immedialy go to Defrag in order to speed up XP. That's all I have to do.

I am going to let the M$ update to run just few more times then suspend updates. I don't want to get screwed up again LOL.

Thanks for the link ! :D

It depends on which edition people use for Windows Vista such as like :

Windows Vista Home Basic
or
Windows Vista Home Premium
or
Windows Vista Business
or
Windows Vista Ultimate

Each edition is different from one another and what it have inside. Windows Vista Ultimate is the best of all, because it has everythin' that the computer needs. It also has a Windows Media Center like XBox 360 you can sit back and enjoy your entertainment. It works well with variety games, too. Easily connect to a company or campus network or access your PC remotely with remote desktop ... and other ultimate extras. It included with Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption ( protect your data against loss or theft ). And, yes if, you buy just Windows Vista Ultimate Edition...it costs a little expensive than the others, but it worths it. Just have to compare with other editions first before you buy, if you feel which one is best for your computer. :)

FYI, I've seen many hackers enough and they sure know how to break in PC's back door. Yikes ! :ugh3: LOL

Window Vista Home Pemium is good enough. Ultimate is good for business purposes. Theres some things home users does not need with Ultimate.. so Home Premium is good for home pc users.

Window Vista Home Pemium is good enough. Ultimate is good for business purposes. Theres some things home users does not need with Ultimate.. so Home Premium is good for home pc users.

It all depends on how pc can handle. For example. My lappy can only handle either Vista Home or Vista Preminuim. I would go Preminuim. I do not need Ultimate. Some people just want to have ego trip on Ultimate.

LOL

Catty

Here's where I learn Reactivation Windows XP keys

how you can retrieve the product key an Instruction
steps by step

I works well for me, I had no problem calling the MS
company to get the new key I figure out why not
find out online first before I did that.
the link to the website is
Windows XP and Vista Product Key Recovery · Dagon Design

ShadowFeather
(granny computer geek)

Windows XP and Vista Product Key Recovery

There are many programs available for extracting the product key from a Windows XP or Vista installation. The only problem is that they generally require the computer to be functional to run. These programs are useless if the operating system is corrupt and the computer will not boot into Windows. Fortunately, there are other options. This article explains how you can retrieve the product key with just the ntuser.dat file from the machine. You can also download a stand-alone version of my decrypter tool.
Windows Vista Users

I have been informed that this method also works on Windows Vista.
Translations

* Swedish translation of this article

Background Information

While this may not sound very useful to the average user, if you work with computers on a daily basis you have most likely ran into this problem: You have to perform a fresh installation of Windows on a computer with a corrupt operating system, and the product key has been lost. This method makes it easy to find.
Instructions

The first step is getting the ntuser.dat file from the computer. In most cases the easiest method is to remove the hard drive, and connect it to a working machine.

ntuser.dat is generally located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\ntuser.dat
Where (User Name) is the primary account - Most often it is ‘Owner’ or ‘User’

Now that you have the file, you need to be able to view it. I recommend loadhive.exe (Download it here) from matcode.com.

Just run the program and select the file. It will show you a message with more information. It is important that you do not close this program until you are finished viewing the registry, as it temporarily loads the file, and unloads it again when you exit.

Now run regedit. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE you will notice a new sub-key called NTUSER. Starting with NTUSER go to Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > Current Version.

In the right window, double-click on DigitalProductID. This is the entry that contains the encoded product key.

We want the information in bytes 52 to 66. You can use the chart below for reference. We need the 15 sets of numbers where the 1’s are located.

0000 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0008 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0010 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0018 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0020 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0028 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0030 00 00 00 00 11 11 11 11 ..
0038 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 ..
0040 11 11 11 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0048 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..
0050 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ..

Now that you have the 15 byte encrypted code, you can type it into my decrypter tool:

Web-based version

Windows XP Key Decrypter Tool
Downloadable stand-alone version (exe)

Windows XP Key Decrypter Tool

Just click ‘Decrypt Code‘ and you will have your 25 digit Windows XP product key!
Troubleshooting

If you cannot find the DigitalProductId key in the file you loaded earlier, try the software hive located here:

\%SystemRoot%\System32\config\software

Load it the same way as before. Under regedit, it will generally create the new entries here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE_00 (although the loadhive program will tell you where it puts it).
Final Notes

* The decrypter tool ignores spaces and dashes, and is not case-sensitive.
* If you cannot find ntuser.dat, make sure you can view hidden and system files.
* If you are not sure which user account to select, I recommend searching for all ntuser.dat files on the drive, and using the largest one.
* Do not attempt to open your own ntuser.dat file with Load Hive, because it is already in use, and you already have access to your own registry :)
* If you cannot find the proper key with the data you need, try the alternate hive file, mentioned in the troubleshooting section above.

Mac Processors?

I am planning to build another computer. I probably prefer to operating system Vista or Mac. I went to Fry's store, it's huge store than anywhere computer retail stores, I am sure you've seen fry's store before. I looking around the operating system box and I looking mac's requirement system and I never seen power G4, G5, G6 processor. What are these processor? I only know is Intel or AMD but I never seen g4, g5, g6. can anyone explain to me these and where can I buy these processor.

I am planning to build another computer. I probably prefer to operating system Vista or Mac. I went to Fry's store, it's huge store than anywhere computer retail stores, I am sure you've seen fry's store before. I looking around the operating system box and I looking mac's requirement system and I never seen power G4, G5, G6 processor. What are these processor? I only know is Intel or AMD but I never seen g4, g5, g6. can anyone explain to me these and where can I buy these processor.

You could look it up on Google for Apple parts like "Apple parts" and "(local town)." That will help you to find and buy the parts in your area.

For instance, Apple parts This website is nice that shows you the pictures of the parts.

There's only G3 to G5 for Mac computers but stopped and rather to use Intel.

That is really strange to me. I have installed 2 GB DDR2 RAM and turned on, it didn't asked me for the activation.

Same here.

I have changed hardware DOZENS of times and I have yet to see a single reactivation.

Memory - 512 MB ~> 1.5 GB ~> 2 GB

Video Card - ATI Radeon X300 ~> nVidia GeForce 7300

Added a DVD+RW drive and still have the DVD-ROM drive

Hard drives - 80 GB ~> 160 GB ~> 240 GB

And, the best part? I have 4 OSes: XP Pro, Server 2003 R2 Enterprise, Vista Ultimate, and Server 2008 Enterprise Beta 3. I have yet to see a single reactivation on any of the 4 OSes.

Back