Reaching out in San Diego area...

wyntr

Reaction score
Hey all -- been a while since I've been on as there's been a lot of change in my life this past year but things are settling down...

Meniere's is progressing ruthlessly: right ear is gone for speech with only residual hearing left, and left ear has lost upper freqs, but low-to-midrange is still pretty good as my speech discrim remains high.

Got new HAs over the summer with frequency transposition for the right...but just get source awareness from that side.

When I lived in San Jose, I had great time with friends deaf, hearing and in-between. Weekly and monthly events, chance to sit and gossip, meet new folks, and learn moar sign always puts the bounce in my step.

Recently relocated to Puerto Nuevo, (Baja-California), Mexico and am about 30 miles south of San Diego. Finally got my Sentri card so crossing into the US is no longer a major deterrent to pursuing something social with you gringos. :P

Wondering if there were some events in the San Diego area I could check out? Started signing back in the early 80's but took a 15-year break until a couple years ago so my signs are like a fine cheese: aged and slightly stinky.

Thankies!

--mike

Back